The Invisible Man

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Invisible Man

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 11, 13 12:29 AM
Griffin's quest for invisibility has left him labeled as a crazy scientist and he must leave his sweetheart behind as he flees to escape his persecutors. Unravel the mystery of Griffin's strange experiment in this suspenseful hidden object game! You will solve puzzles and meet a cast of devious characters in your quest to find the truth. Will you be able to find your beloved Griffin before he disappears forever?

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 12:38:10 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:The Invisible Man

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 11, 13 12:36 AM
Just had a quick look at the game. Graphics are clear and clean, iHOS, of which there must be at least 28, are very dark (had to turn up my brightness quite a lot), and come in very quick succession.

Off to do some more packing. Have a great day, everyone.

Valdy

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 11, 13 12:42 AM
Another game with no walkthrough. I hope that the developers will eventually realize that many of us really do not want games like this with no walkthrough. It will just go on my "No Way" (absolutely no purchase) list. If there is ever a walkthrough here or on another site, I will play the demo to see if I like it. I do not waste my time even playing a demo if there is no walkthrough because I won't be purchasing the game.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 11, 13 1:04 AM
valdy - hope your move is going well

HOG lovers should demo this as I had 6 HOS in less than 20 mins – every scene I was in, so it’s too HOS heavy for me.

The HOS I came across were all list type and very mildly interactive and each had a phantom that appeared floating over it, if you miss it, it keeps reappearing till you finish the HOS. As there are 28 phantoms to collect I assume there are 28 HOS scenes (but they could appear outside HOS, but they didn’t in the 20 mins I played). They are very obvious to be called collectables but it is something and a bit different. Also in the HOS if you click on the item you are trying to find - the shape of it comes up in the box to the right of you.

There are voiceovers and a dual purpose bar – inventory and objectives which you switch tabs to view both.

According to the journal the story is you are playing as the fiancé/ girlfriend and your boyfriend mad scientist has written you a weird letter and you are worried and are trying to find him. The game is trying to go for mild scare factor, the graphics are good enough.

I didn’t try to change my resolution to see if the black bars would go away, but no widescreen offering. There is two choice of modes of play which you can’t change once you start, but both offers skip and hint buttons. The hardest mode says no sparkles but you do glints which I wish wasn’t there especially as they say there would be none.

I used the hint button to be able to tell you it's a "nothing in this area" type it's not a spoiler type hint button.

There wasn’t really much adventure as every scene had a HOS, only two puzzles I came across in my short time playing it and one was just a straight find info and input it type and the other was a make a picture by rotating squares.

Apart from all the HOS and type of gameplay which wasn’t to my taste, HOW the plot was done and introduced didn’t grab me. Although maybe the devs are relying on the title of the well known story for us to keep playing, I love the invisible man but the game is not for me, but I know all the HOG lovers will want to try it.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 11, 13 1:47 AM
I'm glad I decided to read everyone's comments before D/L. I won't even bother since I prefer adventure type games rather than straight HOGs.

Happy Gaming Everyone!!

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Feb 11, 13 2:06 AM
gingergal thanks for your (as usual) brilliant review. 28 HO scenes are about 70% too many for me. Add this to the darkness of the screen shots and I come up with 0% I'll even try this game.

The story itself sounds interesting and with a few graphic tweaks might have made for a good adventure game, but it looks like the developers have decided to make it a hidden object game instead.

Hopefully HOG lovers will make it worth their time.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 11, 13 2:06 AM
okay, once again, I am in the minority because even though it is a bit dark (for me, it is not a big issue on my laptop), I am really loving this game! I am a HOG lover and so this game is right up my alley. I love adventure HOG games as well but once in a while I see a game such as this one and I have to scoop it up. I think the Developers did a good job with the graphics and the game has a spooky atmosphere about it. Thanks BFG and Developers for bringing this game to the pond. Love to collect the ghosts! Have a great day, fishes

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 11, 13 2:33 AM
Well, I am enjoying this game, too!

My graphics are not all that dark and I have had no trouble finding things in the HOs, with the exception of:
Possible Spoiler Alert:
It would seem that a morning coat is a card of some type??? Surprise to me, but once i scanned it and saw the shape, it was easy enough to find! Or maybe it was a typo in the game and should have been "card" instead of coat!
End of Spoiler!

All in all, the spooky atmosphere is fun and I want to see how ends!

It's a buy for me, multiple HOs and all!

As always give it a try and decide for yourself!
BK

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 11, 13 3:16 AM
I wondered about the morning coat too!!

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Feb 11, 13 3:41 AM
BearKat wrote:Well, I am enjoying this game, too!

My graphics are not all that dark and I have had no trouble finding things in the HOs, with the exception of:
Possible Spoiler Alert:
It would seem that a morning coat is a card of some type??? Surprise to me, but once i scanned it and saw the shape, it was easy enough to find! Or maybe it was a typo in the game and should have been "card" instead of coat!
End of Spoiler!

Oh I don't know how many times I've seen things mislabeled in these games! I can remember one time where the list said sandglass and I'm like what the hairy heck is a sandglass?! So I saved it for last and took a hint. What they really meant was an HOURglass! I've always said you can always tell when the people who make these games first language wasn't English! ;v)BK

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 3:43:20 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 11, 13 4:44 AM
I loved the game, DEV's you did a great job,thx for all your hard work and time, I really like how your game is turning out..Like the graphics and sounds..Kuddo's to you BigFish for having another awesome game..I will use a credit on this game..if i didn't have a credit this one i would buy..

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Feb 11, 13 4:57 AM
I beta tested this one quite a while ago and did not like it at all. I will try it just to see if they fixed up a little.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Feb 11, 13 4:58 AM
jenny1983 wrote:gingergal thanks for your (as usual) brilliant review. 28 HO scenes are about 70% too many for me. Add this to the darkness of the screen shots and I come up with 0% I'll even try this game...

I so appreciate the comments about # of hos as while I love adventure light, the exploring & inventory tasking, and puzzles, puzles, puzzles, I hardly can suffer even one hos per hour anymore.

No demo/buy here, but happy hogging for the hos-lovers!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 11, 13 5:37 AM
After reading reviews etc. I think I will not bother using my (limited) download time on this one. I thought the screenshots were dark and although I like HO scenes I prefer them to be balanced with other stuff, not continuous. No walkthrough (yet) and translation problems? I think this one will wait for a DD. It could have been a great game...............

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 11, 13 6:54 AM
I played most of the demo and I will not buy it because it's full HOs and the items are hard to see. Plus it has no real story that I can see. Sorry BF but this one's a dud.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Feb 11, 13 7:04 AM
I must be one of the few people who are enjoying this game so far. Some of scenes are a bit grainy but I've seen worse. There were comments about bad translation, but I think it's more a redirection problem where they say one thing but just went to something else by mistake like the morning coat and the card. There is a morning coat in the scene but in the end it points to the card.

There are a lot of H0 scenes but I'm not having any problem following the story and I like the way the objective screen and the inventory are are displayed.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Feb 11, 13 7:32 AM
kat1117 wrote:I beta tested this one quite a while ago and did not like it at all. I will try it just to see if they fixed up a little.

Still too many hidden object scenes. Still don't like it much.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 11, 13 7:38 AM
Too dark and too many Hos for me also. Its a shame because it looked like it could have been a good one and if not for the darkness and all the hos I would have purchased with one of my pccs. True Hog lovers will enjoy this game.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Feb 11, 13 7:48 AM
This could have been a pretty good game if the Devs did not rely on HOs so much. I do not think there was even one scene that did not have one. The story just seemed to be almost an after thought. I also really did not see the point in the little popup monsters. But those of you who do love HOS you will like this one alot. Hope the Devs pop in to the forum and take note of our comments for their next one.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 11, 13 7:56 AM
BearKat wrote:Well, I am enjoying this game, too!

Possible Spoiler Alert:
End of Spoiler!

BK

Because I read the forum before I tried the game, I made a point of looking for this!
Possible spoiler: I found the card and noticed it had a picture on it. I tried to see if it was of a morning coat but the card disappeared so quickly I couldn't tell! End

Go to: