bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any The Invisible Man technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any The Invisible Man technical issues here only

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 11, 13 4:49 AM
I downloaded the trial and was told it was expired Since the game dont come out until tomorrow I think that may be wrong! LOL

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Feb 11, 13 5:58 AM
Started the game after download. It says "Loading", then immediately crashes and reboots my pc!! I tried it twice - same result. Now trying to de- and reinstall it... see if it changes... running windows xp professional, no problems, all up-to-date...

tdforman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tdforman on Feb 11, 13 6:07 AM
In the Physicists room, I click on the HOS and the game freezes up. In the lecture hall, I clicked the hint and it told me to go into the passage. Still didn't know what to do, so I clicked the hint button again, and it told me to back to the lecture hall. It keeps sending me back and forth, with nothing to do.

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Feb 11, 13 7:07 AM
My pc also crashes at the HOS in the physicists room. When I exit the game using task manager I receive the following error message:

Panic File: LuaMan.cpp line: 245

[string "module'g', package.seeall)..."J:817:
object.CObjectLiblmpl::preloadResources failed: object not found

The annoying thing is my cursor disappears completely from the desktop background and I have to revert to the Start screen and restart my pc from there.

I bought this game using a coupon code but cannot proceed any further with the game.

Running Windows 8. 64 bit with Nvidia GeForce 615 graphics chip

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Feb 11, 13 7:44 AM

i [string "module'g', package.seeall)..."J:817:
am having trouble in the physicists room and get this error message. i am getting this message in the phy sicists room.

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Feb 11, 13 10:37 AM
I keep getting an HOS that I have already done in the Physicists room and the hint just keeps sending me there. So I closed and reloaded and the HOS is still there but now when I click on it I get an error message:

[strng "module("g", package.seeall)..."]:817:
object.CObjectLibImpl::preloadResources failed: object not found

and it freezes

HELP!?? I would like to continue with the game please.....

Running Windows 7 and have NEVER had this issue before this game....I am not doing the uninstalling of Adobe or Flash player and reinstalling for a game THAT IS QUITE CLEARLY FLAWED!!...Same issue for everyone on different systems etc....please take responsibility for what is CLEARLY a TECH issue. Thank you.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 4:41:49 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 11, 13 11:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you're all running into issues with this game freezing and giving you those error messages!

First, please try the suggestions in our help article about what to do when a game freezes here, just to be sure those basic steps won't get things straightened out.

If you continue to have trouble though, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page. These reports will have a lot of info that will help pinpoint where this issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It will also help to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends among operating systems or set-ups.

Thanks so much!!!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 11:30:18 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 11, 13 12:26 PM
I also got the string module l g, package,seeall)8.17 object.cobject.bImpl:preload Resources failed:object not found

this also is towards the end, trying to click on a HOG scene
kris

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Feb 11, 13 12:53 PM
same thing in the physics roo. finally had to exit game and restart to clear it. The sparkles keep comming back. I did purchase but will not in the future until all the bugs are out on the newer games.''
Update did everything they told me too then uninstalled and reinstalled game same problem.

Edited on 02/13/2013 at 9:44:51 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 11, 13 1:01 PM
Hi kris_cross48 and texgma ,

I'm sorry you're running into trouble at that spot too!

If you haven't already done so, please send in a Dr. Felix Report to our Tech Support Team.

This info is really important to help us figure out what's going on with this issue and get it addressed for you. We go over how more details about how to do that in our post here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Feb 11, 13 1:19 PM
Same as the others said. I get the sparkles in the Physicists room and I have already done this. Hints keep pointing me back at the scene and when the hint button is pressed in the scene, it does nothing. The game is therefore unplayable.

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Feb 11, 13 1:20 PM
It's NOT our computers, it's the game. Same spot, same hidden object scene. Game freezes and the message comes up.

Panic.File LuaMan.cpp line:245
[string "module("g".package.seal..."}:817:
object.CObjectLibImpl::preloadResources Failed: object not found

Sending Dr Felix, maybe it'll help them figure this error out quicker.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 11, 13 1:41 PM

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 1:02:40 AM PST

[Post New]by diflop on Feb 11, 13 2:19 PM
I am also experiencing similar problems in Physicist's Room:
HOS wil not end even though all objects are found.
Sparkles stay on even when exiting & hint sends you back to glitchy HOS.

The following msg is then posted:

PanicFile:LuaMan.cpp line 245
[string"module("g",package.seeall...]817:object.CObjectLibImpl:: preloadResources failed object not found

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Feb 11, 13 3:24 PM
i am also getting sparkles and panic mesage as well i had to shut down computer on on/off button as my curser dissapeared

Midge3430
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Midge3430 on Feb 11, 13 6:05 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else and in the same area. I know I don't need any upgrades as my laptop is only 2 months old so I have the latest NVidia etc.It's obviously the game and unless someone can come up with a fix for this glitch I am going to ask for a refund. I will not use a game credit on something I cannot play.I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and even used a different player name - nothing works.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Feb 11, 13 6:49 PM
same issue as bratzgram, downloaded and it was "expired" ...hmm..I wonder if it was a good game..my memory seems awful as I cant recall playing it.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Feb 11, 13 8:37 PM
sandell14 wrote:My pc also crashes at the HOS in the physicists room. When I exit the game using task manager I receive the following error message:

Panic File: LuaMan.cpp line: 245

[string "module'g', package.seeall)..."J:817:

The annoying thing is my cursor disappears completely from the desktop background and I have to revert to the Start screen and restart my pc from there.

<snipped>

I am having the same problem. The only difference is that my game crashes but not my PC and I have been able to hit the ok button without seeing a cursor if I move the mouse around a little and try to aim for it. lol

Everything is up to date on my PC as I have already checked. Hope there is a fix soon.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 8:38:42 PM PST

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Feb 11, 13 8:50 PM
My PC crashed four times while playing before I finally gave up trying to play it. I was also experiencing hidden object sparkles where there were no items to be found. I also experience the message about the demo being over after I bought the game. After getting out and trying to play again I was able to run the game.

Go to: