bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for The Invisible Man

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Invisible Man? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Invisible Man page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Invisible Man

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 11, 13 1:11 AM
This game has a nice enough premise, I suppose, if you like one HOS after the other. But there is a major difficulty with it. It is too dark!! I understand the idea of "dark and gloomy", but this one is more than that. Turning up the brightness was very little help and really distorted the images a good bit. So no help there. Every item is shrouded in darkness, in the HOS and out, and it's a chore just to get a feel for where you are, and what to do next.
Too bad, really, because the story appears interesting, and there is a clever mechanic involving catching phantoms that allows you to see the shape of the items you are trying to collect. Which you really need, because otherwise you're not going to see many of them.
Sorry, the darkness makes the game too much of a chore, and lowers the fun factor to less than zero. There are lots of games that are "dark and gloomy" that you can see just fine, but not here. And if a game is not fun to play, what's the point? Badly conceived, poorly done, and no buy here.

"The Invisible Man" is also the invisible game.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 1:15:38 AM PST

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Feb 11, 13 1:24 AM
I agree. Also, the items in HO scenes are tiny. Uninstalled after 9 minutes.

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 11, 13 2:28 AM
Well I guess I have to be the dissenter here. I kind of like it and after the brain buster we had in Timeless Castle I found it kind of refreshing. Whenever you clicked on something they told you right away what it was you needed to complete the task. No guess work! I used a coupon code to get it. It is dark. The dude screwed up his life when one of his experiments went wrong. Imagine that? That's why true research takes hundreds of years and hundreds of trials. You aren't suppose to try it on yourself. Anyway, bought it and I'm going to enjoy it!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 11, 13 3:24 AM
I wanted to enjoy this - lots of lovely touches and a good story - but I found the whole navigation rather clunky. And I don't like the hint telling me to 'use my inventory' when I haven't acquired the item I need yet. Thought I'd mention that cos I wasted so much time trying to figure out what to do. And with one experiment it was over before I'd completed step 5 (I think ? ) . Actually I do remember: there was definitely a switch to be pulled, and I never did that. I find that sloppy and it worries me that there will be other mistakes. I think I'd use a coupon code on it, but not a credit.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Feb 11, 13 3:33 AM
What a wonderful game: Lots and lots of HOS, nice story, but too dark, too dark, too dark, no widescreen. No buy for me :-(

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 11, 13 4:56 AM
Well, let me just say, if I could give it less than one star, I would. Absolutely horrible! Dark screen, rubbery cursor and little if any challenge or story line. Deleted it after 7 minutes. A definite NO BUY for me. :-(

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 11, 13 5:23 AM
Lots and lots of HO's wrecked the game for me.....I do need some adventure to follow

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 11, 13 5:47 AM
I lasted 15 minutes with this game; too dark, too many HOS, drab scenes with pretty much no colour or life to them and worst of all, in hard mode there are constant glints showing you something that needs looking at. I chose hard mode for a reason; it's supposed to be a challenge. What's the point in creating a hard mode that shows you what to look at?

There are plenty of games out there that create an atmosphere without being dark, drab and lifeless. And with a hard mode that doesn't point out what to do next. This could have been a really good game if the devs had paid more attention to what else is available nowadays; as it is, it looks outdated and dull by comparison. Not even worth a PCC.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 11, 13 7:48 AM
Review after about half of demo:

It certainly is a dark and gloomy game. The options did state if cursor was slow to disable game cursor (which makes me wonder why that isn't offered in other games...something in the programming?...but it would be nice as that is one thing that causes me to skip buying other games I would otherwise purchase.)

In the H0 scenes some objects are partially hidden making them even harder to see in the darkness. There is some fairly easy interaction which is nice to have. I don't like the names of the objects left on the screen after the object has been found - even if they are in a different color once found. Puzzles weren't too difficult although some did not have very clear instructions on HOW to do them...just WHAT to do.

Some items in the H0 scenes seem to be misnamed: Possible spoiler: A watering can looks like a bell, but could be just a round container with a long straight spout, and asking for a "morning coat" looked like a playing card but it disappeared so quickly I couldn't tell if the picture on the card WAS of a morning coat. End spoiler.

Game navigation seemed a bit "disjointed" for lack of a better word.

I just didn't enjoy my demo time well enough to get into the story which may be a very good story after all.

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on Feb 11, 13 8:03 AM
I am so glad that others find this game too dark = I had to give up by the second HOG because my eyes did not like peering at it at all Shame

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 11, 13 9:29 AM
More than the Invisible Man should be named the Invisible Object .
The game is totally dark, and also give you a penalty if you are clicking desperate to find some HO!
The idea of the ghosts is ok, but at the beginning I didn't realize should be in the HOS. The game is mainly and only HOS.
Thank you BFG to let us have a free trial!

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Feb 11, 13 1:00 PM
JMO...this game was Baaaaaaaaaaaad...to dark, to silly, to boring, to invisible I agree with the peeps who didn't care for this one. I should have not downloaded it, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt,, ..sorry ..this one should have stayed on the drawing board and the paper used for crying eyes..

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Feb 11, 13 2:51 PM
Really thought this was gonna be an ok pass the time game. Glitches galore should be the name. I wasted a credit on this. I will NOT buy a game the first day out anymore no mather how good it seems.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 11, 13 3:06 PM
The game is dark with many many H-Obj Scenes consisting of small objects. I could live with this, but the click penalty pushed me over the edge. Not for me

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 11, 13 6:49 PM
This review is based on the trial.

I liked this game. It's well drawn, well designed, and has a story that is not the usual stuff that's been done again and again (I'm not saying it's original, either).

That said, it has two obvious drawbacks:
1. it is not widescreen (at least for me in Windows)
2. it is extrordinarily dark (literally, as in lack of brightness). Unfortunately, there is also no brightness adjustment in the Options.

There is also no map but I did not miss having one.

The story is familiar, but I still enjoyed the entire hour trial. Your friend has discovered the secret to invisibility, been chased out of his hotel, and you are trying to help him. It had a mini-game that is not my favorite (rotating tiles). Still, I may purchase this or use a credit.

Three stars out of five

Edited to add:
SPIDER ALERT, there are a few, so be forewarned if this matters to you.

There are also objects to be collected, but these are practically given to you, you can't miss them.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 6:55:58 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 11, 13 7:19 PM
Not a bad game, but not good either. Graphics nice, game play good, music nice. Why bother with a voice over if you are only going to use it in the beginning. No new story here, but that's okay too.

Long hint recovery. Extremely dark. Had to quit with 26 minutes of play left because I got a headache trying to see. This could have been a very nice HOG if they would have just brightened it up enough to see. It doesn't have to be difficult to be fun. Games were okay, simple. Finding the appearing/disappearing objects is a no brainer as well, so no challenge there.

I would actually liked to have purchased this game for a break, but not when it gives me a headache. Too bad...

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this quite enjoyable...and, you may have better eyes than I do. Thanks for the reviews.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Feb 11, 13 7:59 PM
Well what a Monday! Just got the chance to play the demo (so folks in Austrailia - this review is for you )

Dark...yep...it is dark. Dang if I don't like it anyway though! I'll bear the frustration of shadow to support a dev that has put a lot into a lovely SE! Detail, detail and more detail in this gem! Lots of creativity in the H0 scenes as well - you really need to put some thought into the interactive items! Love the phantom lens - been a long time since we've seen a game where you can see the outline of an H0 item! Penalty free too I'll let you all see for yourselves where you find the mouse in the first seen...ew - that is some creativity devs!

Like the misc folks you run across too - click on everyone! Sure took me by surprise!

Oh yes...great plot and setting too - it's a classic! Cursor is not giving me too many fits - it was awful in the Main Menu and I just about switched to system, but gave it a try & though it doesn't "fly" it's pretty well under control!

Icing on the cake, love a task list and clear objectives (it's so easy to forget sometimes!)

Absolutely worth taking a look for yourself - darker the room you play in the better - but don't pass this one up out of hand!

Happy Gaming!

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Feb 11, 13 8:53 PM
The hidden object scenes are very dark, but it is a good story line. Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out in this game so I can finish it and give a full review.

Go to: