Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by sheshe12 on Nov 25, 09 3:09 AM
Just down loading now cant wait to play have waited so long for this but why do we have to wait awhole year for them to come out
happy playing everyone

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Nov 25, 09 3:43 AM
The game plays beautifully on my computer. What a lovely and well crafted game, can see the time and effort that has gone into it. Really taking my time playing and enjoying each scene. It's all eye candy for me lol

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Nov 25, 09 4:07 AM
My copy is downloading as we speak, can't wait to play... thanks for the fun few weeks fishies, see you in the HELP pages... See you all here next year!

[Post New]by mhunter865 on Nov 25, 09 4:18 AM
Kicking my **** already! I hope the sound isn't important to the videos as I don't have speakers. But already, I'm loving what I'm seeing.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 4:26 AM
picman050967 wrote:

I am downloading now myself, so if you want a few hours jump on those who don't read the forums...go for it!
<a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/mcfcollector>www.bigfishgames.com/mcfcollector</a>

Picman

Or were in bed! Sheesh!

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Nov 25, 09 4:50 AM
ok...I live in PST.. I downloaded around 9:15 pm... and just now finished the game.. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! OMG..it's awesome! I stayed up all night, because I couldn't stop playing. I'm going to bed now.. (It's almost 5 Am here) I am wiped out..but I will get up in a few hours and play it again. I really took my time and enjoyed every minute of it. Off to bed.. see ya later today!

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Nov 25, 09 4:54 AM
Rose427 wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:
Rose427 wrote:What has everyone found while searching for info about Dire Grove?...

This may not be related at all, but there is an audition video on YouTube by some woman for "Dire Grove Presentation" and a few other things, I am sure it is not related but I just wanted to share

Funny, the audition talks about Celtic legends.........

I think it even mentions the U.K. and one video the character she is auditioning for is cold..... I did not see much mentions of "Dire Grove" so I thought it was interesting. The videos are a month old.

Oh and the car won't start, it's too cold.

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Nov 25, 09 4:56 AM
Cherry211 wrote:
Rose427 wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:
Rose427 wrote:What has everyone found while searching for info about Dire Grove?...

This may not be related at all, but there is an audition video on YouTube by some woman for "Dire Grove Presentation" and a few other things, I am sure it is not related but I just wanted to share

Funny, the audition talks about Celtic legends.........

I think it even mentions the U.K. and one video the character she is auditioning for is cold..... I did not see much mentions of "Dire Grove" so I thought it was interesting. The videos are a month old.

Oh and the car won't start, it's too cold.

My apologies, I hit the wrong button. The video did mention Yorkshire which is in north England. Btw Stonehenge is in Wiltshire the opposite end to Scotland!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 25, 09 5:13 AM
ok anyone know what a rotating file is? its a hidden object scene after opening the safe lol it wouldnt let me put Hidden Object abbr bella

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 25, 09 5:24 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:
calsmom2001 wrote:
1goodmom wrote:Hi Rose, where on the east coast are you? In in VA

Hi 1goodmom, I'm in the Boston area - 2 hrs 23 mins and counting!

Sorry guys, but it launches at 12:01 Midnight PACIFIC time, that's 5.25 hours from now.

I know PB, I can't understand how people struggle with this! 12.01am going by the time stamp on all forum posts! It's no different to any TGT launch.
It's now 2.50am PST. Look at the time stamp.

I really hope my game has d/l, it was on about 10% after 40 minutes d/l time. Started about 12.10am PST. It may have picked up as hubby should have quite his d/ls.

Hi Purple,

Cut me some slack, would you? It was nearing 10 pm and I'd been up since 4:20 am I do understand time zones, honestly.

BTW, the game is AWESOME! The attention to detail and the production values are evident in every scene.

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 5:25:38 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 5:39 AM
I'll cut you some slack. It wasn't just your post but a few. Some people (which wasn't you, by the way) thought some places would get the game earlier due to the timezone difference.
I'm just trying to explain
1) the game landed everywhere at the same physical time, whether that was 12.01am Seattle or 8.01am UK,
2) the time stamp on all forum posts is the time PST, so if you are unsure how long, just work out how many hours to 12.01am on the forum clock.

Sorry if I was rude.

tyger0902
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by tyger0902 on Nov 25, 09 5:43 AM
Some people downloaded and started playing before the 12 pst time. That is probably where all the confusion is.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 5:45 AM
No, this was before the early d/l was available, with over 5 hours to the official time.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 25, 09 5:47 AM
bella81762 wrote:ok anyone know what a rotating file is? its a hidden object scene after opening the safe lol it wouldnt let me put Hidden Object abbr bella

I PMd Bella the answer to this. Didn't want to risk any spoilage for those awaiting the December release and blog walkthrough.

tyger0902
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by tyger0902 on Nov 25, 09 5:52 AM
Ok, gottcha purple.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 25, 09 5:52 AM
yup yup my guppy twin is awesome thanks again bella

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 25, 09 5:56 AM
kat do you know how to write invisable in forum( i was taught in the lobster pot yesterday) highlight from here >all the way to here< then click on color icon above and chose white bella

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 25, 09 6:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just finished playing a little while ago, and I have to say it was definitely worth the wait and all the crazy speculation we all did. It took me a little over 6 hours to finish (I skipped some of the extras in the secret room because I couldn't wait to find out the ending).

The video footage really adds to the game but is not intrusive.

I haven't gotten through all the extras yet because you have to unlock some of them with accomplishments, but I'm sure they will be well worth the effort and cost.

I very much enjoyed the outtakes section of the extras. It really gives us an idea of just how much effort goes into these games. I found the outtake animation especially valuable.

I have to say that this game has the most satisfying ending of all the games I've played. And I still want to play it again, several times I'm sure.

The strategy guide is invaluable, especially since the blog walkthrough is not yet available. The appendixes are especially helpful for replay and accomplishment value.

Happy sleuthing everyone!

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Nov 25, 09 6:40 AM
I know there isn't a trial version right now, but will there be one when the game is released?

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Nov 25, 09 6:47 AM
Just wanted to let people know that if you get a 703 error msg after downloading - this has happened to me before and it happened this morning. Rather than rebooting - just close the big fish game manager and then bring it up again from your toolbar. It worked before and it worked this time.

Go to: