Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 4, 18 12:13 AM
I will try the itunes online support first and see how it goes, but as I am working the next 4 days solid, it will just have to wait till I get through that and have the time to devote to it. Fingers crossed it works though and thanks for the info too.

I also love finding great books second hand. Saves a fortune but if I buy new, I usually find good value on either Abe books, The Book Depository or last try ebay. They can save a fortune too, and Abe is simply fantastic for books out of print too.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 4, 18 4:03 AM
Its surprising sometimes that something can be right under your nose, yet you never look at it. I wonder how many of you are like me, and have not looked at the settings cog wheel on the world map page of GD for a long time? I just happened to be sitting here looking for the setting to turn notifications on for the game (realised that its in the ipad settings, not the GD settings) but whilst in there, I had a look at the tutorials and turned on the wi fi. MY GOSH. I am sure it wasn't like this last time I looked. EVERYTHING you have a question about, both new and old players, its in there. As long as you connect to wifi, there are links that take you to a page specific to every question, query etc that you may have about anything at all from how to use a specific boost, explanations about every type of resource (I didn't know the bricks are called 'orange' bricks! just thought they were 'bricks'), but I digress. It also has links to go directly to the support team etc, its all in the Help Center, Help Articles, which is there when connected to wifi and you touch the ? button. On the HQ button, it has a basic tutorial that even shows the formation of bombs in the L and T. Or am I the only one who didn't know all that stuff was there in such detail?

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 4, 18 8:49 AM
You most certainly aren't the only person who didn't know about all the tutorials etc. There are at least two of us.

On the subject of Kindles and e-readers, they are great for travelling but it does mean that the 'libraries' which used to be found in many hotels / self catering places are dwindling. I discovered many enjoyable reads, and new authors, by picking up books that way.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 4, 18 9:13 AM
GD posted on Facebook that Wild Plains opens on April 6th. No clue what time zone on that day of course.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 4, 18 9:23 AM
I found the tutorial a couple months ago, one thing I noticed is that they refer to the levels as to replay levels to the second and third tier, they don't call them unplayed levels if they have been played to first tier, there is a lot of useful info on the game.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Apr 4, 18 5:50 PM
I saw that on Facebook earlier today also, lordkalvan. I guess we'll all find out on Friday when it pops out!

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Apr 4, 18 10:07 PM
I see that resources required for monuments from Berlin to St. Petersburg have been lowered. I think they also lowered the resources that can be earned, which is logical. However, I planned to go back to those cities and complete some missions that I had left behind. For example, my notes say one mission in Shanghai gave 50 greens but now it is 20 greens. My notes could be wrong but I expect they adjusted this. So I am going back to Mexico City through Athens to complete the green missions before they reduce those cities also. They yield 30 to 65 greens per mission. I will be rich in greens.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 4, 18 10:38 PM
I left behind 18 gems in Rio and I went back to try for them but I can't beat level 24 and 25 to get them, those two levels are awful and I can't figure how to beat them without using all kinds of boosts and coins so I gave up, I hope you have better luck than I did bowiecowgirl.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 5, 18 1:06 AM
For those of you going back to cities to do levels to get green gems, don't forget, you don't need to waste coins getting through those levels if its just because of the green gems. Use Rome 87, its a minefield for resources to get as many green gems that you need anywhere else at no cost.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 5, 18 3:31 AM
105.1 Istanbul is an excellent source of all resources for green germs as well.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 5, 18 3:49 AM
Just finished level 120 Buenos Aires. Judging by the amount of chains and ice in the city, the designer must have been raised in a Siberian gulag!?
I had noticed other players comments about the level of difficulty in BA, so I didn't even attempt any tier 2 or tier 3 levels. This meant I didn't get any of the bonus resources that come with collecting 10 items over 10 levels, but I found that shipping four or five times a day like a demented sailor worked nicely for giving me the resources needed to build monuments. (I currently ship from 26 cities.)

If I could give one piece of advice – it would be to keep a close eye on the goals for each level. There are many levels with ice, chains, stickies, etc. that don't need to be cleared at all, and it's very easy to get distracted by them.

Best of luck on your travels.

[Post New]by GramSuzie on Apr 5, 18 11:45 AM
Ok I’m a person of a certain age and didn’t realize there were so many games and other seniors as addicted to this as I am. Here is my question. I do the 1-10 to get the reward of completing the range and then it tells me I have 7 out of the 10 required to receive the reward. So where do I get the other 3. This seems to be a pattern.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 18 12:54 PM
GramSuzie: look for the levels that still glow. You need to replay them. When you get the item from that level it will no longer glow. Some levels need tier two or three to give you the item.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Apr 5, 18 5:51 PM
bowiecowgirl wrote:I see that resources required for monuments from Berlin to St. Petersburg have been lowered. I think they also lowered the resources that can be earned, which is logical. However, I planned to go back to those cities and complete some missions that I had left behind. For example, my notes say one mission in Shanghai gave 50 greens but now it is 20 greens. My notes could be wrong but I expect they adjusted this. So I am going back to Mexico City through Athens to complete the green missions before they reduce those cities also. They yield 30 to 65 greens per mission. I will be rich in greens.

I thought I was going mad... The mission I had not done with the rewards in coins and the one with the green gems in LA got swapped with pinks, but even worse the one with 45 greenies in Seoul. Thank you GD for nothing! those who stuck with you are now punished for their determination.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 6, 18 1:37 AM
Wild Plains is here, and not looking easy at this point!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 6, 18 4:56 AM
I don't like the opening scene on Wild Plains, its by far the corniest one yet. Lucky its not going to be one I have to look at again after this event city has gone from the game. I am also finding these chocolate levels very disconcerting to play. It is so ingrained in us to clear the tiles otherwise we don't get the level out, when faced with only having to find the chocolate, its impossible to forget easily that we are not actually required to also clear the tiles too and I get so sidetracked doing that and end up losing the level as I realise only too late. SIgh!!!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 6, 18 5:05 AM
I'm up to level 18, tier 1 and some of them haven't been easy. Even when the initial layout has looked good it's gone pear shaped very quickly. I've lost 10 lives getting to level 18!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 6, 18 6:40 AM
Wow... I was on Wild Plains 3 tier two and made a move near the bottom expecting a plain vanilla type of reordering of the board. I got FOUR formed up higher, in pairs so I could have swapped them if I wanted. How the heck did that even happen???

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 6, 18 6:51 AM
I agree that Wild Plains is fairly hard. In particular, it appears that it will be difficult to animate the animals by getting all the necessary levels. Has anyone animated the hyena after level 10? I also do not like levels like 8 where the results are totally based on luck of the drop with no skill involved. I had to finally use a shovel on that level, as well as extra time on the hard timed level 7. But, it is a nice change from being able to easily win by shipping.

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Apr 6, 18 10:42 AM
For Wild Plains I had the same experience as snowmanvt with levels 7 and 8. I quite enjoyed playing all 3 tiers of the first 4 levels, each level required a different strategy, which made it fun. Level 1 makes you twist your mind a bit, but an interesting challenge. But after that I slacked off and just did tier 1 since it wasn't as much fun. Those levels where you have to get rid of all those shiny papers are extremely luck-dependent. I`m only at level 13 now.

Go to: