Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

Name THE one MOST RARE item!

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Feb 11, 13 9:39 PM
THE most rare item for me is the Sandals for the beach set collection. Just 3 times in 109 levels!
Fortunately we dont need it for something important!

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 11:20:38 PM PST

Re:Name THE one MOST RARE item!

[Post New]by Smashedpumpkin on Feb 12, 13 4:33 AM
Force field.

How can you tell how many times you've completed a level on the iPad?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Feb 12, 13 8:25 AM
Smashedpumpkin wrote:Force field.

What do you mean by "complete a level"?

If you mean "search a location," there's a meter in the upper left of the pop up that appears when you tap on a location. It doesn't give you an exact count, but it gives you a text description of your progress (like "expert"), a chess piece symbol that goes with the text, and a circular progress bar that shows how far you have to go to get to the next text description (like "master").

If you mean overall experience level, this is a number in the upper left of the main screen. There is a numerical ratio, such as 2013/2500 that shows you exactly how many energy points you have and when you will next level up. In the example just given, you would have 2,013 experience points and will level up when you have 2,500. There is also a circular progress bar which is tracking the same thing as the ratio.

Did that help? Or were you asking about something else?

Robin

krithor
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by krithor on Feb 12, 13 8:57 AM
Me, unless they change the energy loading times

JBento
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by JBento on Feb 12, 13 9:01 AM
For me, it's the Dangerous Blade - I'm up to 213 Assassins and nothing. I have 6-14 of all the collection's other pieces.

I have one extra pair of Sandals after doing the quest, and i had 3 force fields when the quest to gather 10 of them came around (now I have 0, but I haven't run the UFO again, so that's hardly surprising >> .

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Feb 12, 13 9:14 AM
Smashedpumpkin wrote:Force field.

I mean the overall level of the game.
Not how many times i have explored a location. That i don't know. I am sensei level at most locations but there is no way to know the exact number of searches (unless you count them and write them down! )

Laurafj
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by Laurafj on Feb 12, 13 10:30 AM
Ghost key. I am now blocked by the key quest. No other quests will come up and I need 5 more ghost keys. At the rate I am going, it will take me to level 270 (!) to collect them. I like this game but I don't like it that much.

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 11:29:59 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Feb 12, 13 2:00 PM
For me, there's a difference between items that are frustrating, because I need them for a quest, and items that are truly rare, because they've only dropped once in the whole game.

For example, the Ghost Key is making me crazy, because I have many more of the other types of keys, but have so far only found 3 of the Ghost Key, so it's holding me up. But there are actually several much rarer items. I just don't need them, so I don't think about them much.

I'm at level 56 and have collected each item at least once. So it's easy to see what's truly rare for me by scanning my collection box and looking for collections that have only been crafted once and now have dark (empty) squares.

Truly rare: sledgehammer, grandmother's necklace, cane, Athena, rucksack, welding machine, fake ID, book of dark magic, mechanical heart, Pegasus, Minotaur, strict collar, leather collar, wind plane, box with jewels, hand of Midas, safe. I have so far found one and only one of each of these.

Quest blockers: sledgehammer, tape measure, all 5 parts of super machine (microchip, card, scheme, TV set, remote), ghost key, fire key, heavenly key. With the exception of the sledgehammer, I have found at least 2 of each of these so far: but I need at least 3 more for quests, so I feel their absence more than some of the truly rare.

Robin

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Feb 12, 13 6:14 PM
Yes, Robin you are right. Some items are rare but it does not matter a lot. But if the rarity of an item blocks the completion of a quest it is frustrating. The most frustated I ve been was when I was searching for the Scheme. I found it after searching the ufo for around 120 times...

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Feb 13, 13 7:02 PM
For me it's that (insert many curse words) rucksack! I've searched the camp at least twice a day for weeks. I think I'll actually have a stroke the day it finally drops.

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Feb 13, 13 7:54 PM
euphoria wrote:For me it's that (insert many curse words) rucksack! I've searched the camp at least twice a day for weeks. I think I'll actually have a stroke the day it finally drops.

Lool!
Yes. I ve only got it 3 times... It is one of the rarest...

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Feb 26, 13 10:58 AM
for me it is the stupid cherry soda. I am SO tired of searching the airplane--think I can find all objects with my eyes shut.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

[Post New]by Nemeria on Feb 27, 13 8:57 PM
For me, it's the Ghost Key as well. I'm on the 10 bunches of keys quest and I've only found one ghost key and that was waaaaayyyyy back when it was its own quest. I have all the other keys I need.

The were bird is driving me crazy, too. And I nearly had a heart attack when I finally got the meditation bench! LOL

[Post New]by Shitzadorina on Feb 28, 13 8:09 AM
The bloody wereleopard... I am seroius, I've killed a hundred werewolves, have at least 5 of each were-creature apart from that- It's nagging, really nagging, especially since I've got 2 missions depending on that collection. 1 to collect it once and 1 to collect it 6 times. 6!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 1, 13 5:51 PM
Shitzadorina wrote:The bloody wereleopard... I am seroius, I've killed a hundred werewolves, have at least 5 of each were-creature apart from that- It's nagging, really nagging, especially since I've got 2 missions depending on that collection. 1 to collect it once and 1 to collect it 6 times. 6!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but for me definitely different werewolf items were "rare" at different times.

I stopped worrying about the quest and just focused on the "banish werewolves" achievement because you can see progress there. I finished the quest at 230 werewolves, but at least I didn't feel so frustrated!

Robin

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Mar 1, 13 6:59 PM
Shitzadorina wrote:The bloody wereleopard... I am seroius, I've killed a hundred werewolves, have at least 5 of each were-creature apart from that- It's nagging, really nagging, especially since I've got 2 missions depending on that collection. 1 to collect it once and 1 to collect it 6 times. 6!!!

I have quite a few wereleopards!
When the social aspect of the game is available, we can trade!

[Post New]by serenity2006 on Mar 2, 13 6:32 AM
Stict collar - Level 56 - Vampire castle exploration at Expert and it still hasn't dropped even once

[Post New]by LucyNSkyWDiamds on Mar 10, 13 7:00 PM
While reading through this particular subject, I make this observation: we know that when one object is involved on the quest, the game is very friendly...which is to say that the item in the quest is dropped usually on the first attempt.
I would like to recommend that when you get one of these quests, before clicking "complete" once you get only one of the items, please continue the quest until you have 10 of the items. This is an experiment...I don't know if the game continues to be friendly after the first catch.
I plan to try this the next time I get a single-item quest. I just spent $50 in order to get the six supercomputer collections. Anything is better than that!!!

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Mar 10, 13 7:17 PM
LucyNSkyWDiamds, the game is "friendly" when a specific item is demanded for, let's say,10 times. When a quest demands a collection or a number of collections, the game is not friendly at all.

When I had the quest for the 10 force fields from the ufo, after I gathered all ten very easily, (each of the 10 times I explored the ufo I received a force field) I did not click on the completed quest and I reexplored the ufo, wanting to see if I can take advantage of the game's "friendliness", but nope. Another fishy had suggested that this is possible, but it did not happen to me. I don't know if this is something that they "fixed" with the previous update.

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 7:18:19 PM PST

Adevar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Adevar on Mar 11, 13 4:55 AM
I also experimented with not clicking complete to see if I'd keep getting the quest item, but no dice.

Go to: