Challenger levels 5 and 9.

[Post New]by dixieangels on Feb 11, 13 10:58 PM
Can anyone help me on these two levels? I have played them over and over, trying different things and still cannot get them. Other than these 2 levels and the Bonus level in the forest, I have gold. I never thought I would even get silver, but am loving this games so much, but have finally met my match with 5 and 9. Any help in writing woud be appreciated.
Dixieangel

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 11:00:18 PM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Challenger levels 5 and 9.

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 12, 13 9:11 AM
With challenge level 5, I made a video for gold, but since you ask for words -- first get all 3 woodpiles and build the house, then the sawmill with all 10 workers. 5 gather wood then as they exit 5 more. 5 build toolshed. Next 5 gather wood. These 5 then build house. As toolshed finishes, 5 gather wood. As house finishes, 5 make tools and 5 gather wood. As workers return, 5 build the next house left of the near sawmill. As workers return, 5 gather wood and 5 make tools. 5 gather tools. As workers return, 5 collect scrap left of the house on the bottom row. It's too long to give details for the whole level but that's a good start. Now you keep sending 5 workers at a time to the sawmill and toolshed as soon as they return and collect the next scrappile on the bottom row so you can reach the ladder and the second sawmill. Then 5 build the second sawmill and 5 the last house. Later 10 build the sawmill. Now keep sending workers in 5s gathering wood from both sawmills and one toolshed and collect scrap when you have spare workers only. Notice that your quotas are 35 wood and 50 tools, as well as getting all the scrap and building the second toolshed. That means, if you collect the last scrap and build the second toolshed at roughly the same time, lets say you have no tools. If you just send workers to make tools in both toolsheds, without collecting wood, you would need 135 wood to make the 50 tools and the 35 wood. Wood is always the priority, so build up a surplus over 135 by working both sawmills and the one toolshed non-stop and only using spare workers to collect scrap. You should then be over 135 wood as the last scrappile is being collected, with the second toolshed having just been built. So you can concentrate only on the two toolsheds to finish. You don't need to worry about how many workers are in the toolsheds or sawmills this way.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 12, 13 10:24 AM
For challenge 9 gold, 3 workers on woodpile, 1 collects 5 spacesuits. 5 build sawmill. 5 gather wood. 5 build house nearest base. 5 gather wood, 2 collect the remaining 10 spacesuits. As workers return, 5 gather wood, 5 build house top left. As workers return, 5 build house top right. As the second house is built, 5 gather wood and wait (5 idle). As workers leave sawmill, 5 gather wood. As wood available, 8 build toolshed, 7 free isolated dolphin. As workers return, 5 gather wood. Take 2 off the dolphin, 5 make tools, 5 gather wood. As workers available 5 make tools, 5 gather wood, 4 collect stonepile. Then 6 workers on the next dolphin, the one on the right. As workers return, 5 make tools, 5 gather wood, 4 collect stonepile. As workers return, 5 make tools, 5 gather wood, 4 collect last stonepile. As workers return, 5 make tools, 5 gather wood. As workers return, 10 build foundry. As workers return, 5 gather wood, 5 collect middle scrappile. As workers leave sawmill, 5 make tools (don't need to return to base). 5 gather wood. 5 make tools. 1 makes steel. 5 gather wood. 5 make tools. As tools available, 5 collect last scrappile. 5 gather wood. 5 make tools. 5 free dolphin, working left. 5 gather wood, 5 make tools, 1 makes steel, 4 collect coral middle right. Then another 1 on this coral and 5 on the coral bottom-right. 5 on coral middle left. Another 5 on the dolphin. 5 on the last coral. 10 on the left bubble catcher, 3 on next dolphin. Then 2 more on this dolphin. As coral available, 10 on the last bubble catcher, 4 collect balloons. 1 on the last dolphin. As workers return, 4 collect balloons. As second catcher built, 4 collect balloons, 6 more on the last dolphin. Then everyone on the last two dolphins. My time score was 1002, I hesitated a lot, if you try it a few times you can do better, but that's gold.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 12, 13 10:33 AM
By the way Dixieangelfish, you're well ahead of me, I haven't got gold on levels 42, 43, 44, 45, 67 or any of the bonus levels (which I skipped). Maybe you should be helping me! Ha ha!

[Post New]by dixieangels on Feb 12, 13 5:46 PM
Oh festclick, Thank you so much. I will look at those levels you mentioned and see if I can figure out what I did. I forgot completely about the bonus level on the first section. I cannot get those balloons from the floating ship for anything in the world.

[Post New]by dixieangels on Feb 12, 13 6:17 PM
festclick, Level 42 has an extra house at the bottom you don't need to build. I chopped wood with 3 and picked up the diving suits with the other 2. Then I built the sawmill with 5 and made wood as soon as it finished before the men could leave the sawmill. Then I went to the top house on the left and built it. After that I clicked wood with 5 and took the rubber plant next to the house down. That left 10 tools to take the scrap pile away with 5, and I kept making wood. Then when I could get to the toolshed, I used 5 men and kept making wood with the other 5. After that I worked on the rubber plants, rock piles and scrap piles so I could make the foundry as quickly as possible. Once you have the foundry, you can make the dive shop, in the meantime, I sent leftover men to the dolphins and the dive shop. I had a very difficult time getting this one, as well as 43, 44, and 45. I don't know if this will help you on 42. I'm not very good at remembering, I just did a lot of clicking. LOL.

Level 43 is tricky as you have to start the men while the steam is first beginning to rise in order to get them past it, but not too quickly. It's kind of a balancing act but after you do it 100 times you will figure out the timing.

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 6:21:23 PM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 13, 13 8:57 AM
It's okay, I was only joking. I like to figure them out myself. It's only because I make videos that I can remember what I did.

Finally finished everything on gold except two of the bonus levels on silver -- which I don't care about, the airship and the bells. I really like the main levels, they were of good quality, lots of different tricks to figure out. But my fingers just don't move fast enough for the airship or the bells.

Edited on 02/13/2013 at 12:02:44 PM PST

[Post New]by dixieangels on Feb 13, 13 3:24 PM
festclick, thanks again for the help. I still have not quite done these levels, b ut am working on them. I managed to do the bells, but the air ship will have to go by the wayside for me. I discovered the bells you had to send out a man to the second bell before the first in order to time them just right. Thanks again for the help on these levels. I really do appreciate it and WILL get them. :-)

Go to: