Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

how do I get out of the back yard?

[Post New]by Qismet on Feb 12, 13 10:31 AM
I am at the back yard gate with the puzzle with the gears....got through that and have something that looks like a large wheel with many figures that looks sort of like a roulette wheel. Supposedly I need an amulet, but I cannot access my inventory at this point. When I go close out of the mini game all I have in my inventory is six of ten slides and a fan blade. Hint keeps bringing me back to the place that I need an amulet. HELP.

Q

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:how do I get out of the back yard?

[Post New]by smck325 on Feb 12, 13 10:41 AM
Sorry Qismet, I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. I am stuck at the gear puzzle which you must have done correctly. How did you do it? All of my gears turn. I've swapped all kinds of combinations to no avail. Again, sorry to ask a question and have no answer for you!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Feb 12, 13 10:53 AM
I could not do it and I skipped it. Sorry.

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Feb 12, 13 11:04 AM
Thanks, I guess I will have to do the same.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 12, 13 11:30 AM
In the upstairs bedroom in the jacket on the bed there was a bit of paper with two gears drawn on it, it should be in your journal. Look at the directions the arrows point in and then rearrange the gears so that they are turning in the right direction. Notice the number of holes on the gears so you know which ones should turn left and which ones should turn right. You have to keep trying so you can see what direction each one is turning in. It is very tricky - good luck!

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Feb 12, 13 11:33 AM
Tried it again and figured it out. There is a page in the diary that tells which way the gears are supposed to turn. Gears with holes (both large and small) need to turn clockwise and the gears without holes (both large and small) need to turn counterclockwise. Now I guess I'll get to the part you had trouble with!! Sorry read61, I didn't see your post until I had posted this!

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 11:35:19 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 12, 13 11:41 AM
Glad you got through it. Quismet, the roulette thing is the amulet, through the game you will get bits for it. When that happens it opens automatically and the bit goes into the right place. Then you close it. If that is what you mean you should be able to exit from it and continue with the game. As far as I remember when I got through the gear/gate puzzle I looked in the manhole in the street but I cannot remember if I got a bit of amulet there or not, it was a while ago and a lot has happened since then............

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Feb 12, 13 12:05 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Got out of the back yard finally. Never could get the gear thing figured out. Embarrassed as all get out to admit what I was doing wrong, but was confusing the button you push to open the amulet with the skip button. If my folly saves somebody else some confusion I am willing to look like the old fool I am.

Q

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 12, 13 7:00 PM
Hey Quismet, you are not an old fool or a young fool or any kind of fool, you are someone who asked for help and that makes you a smart cookie..............

[Post New]by jaymayz on Mar 15, 13 2:34 AM
Oh please guys help me!!!!. I feel ridiculous that I can't figure it out but how exactly do you even get the gear game to start working at the back gate? I'm just standing around looking at the belt blink and my ladder next to it. I have one gear, fan blades and various slides on top of that but it keeps saying he won't open up until the blinking part on his belt is full and NOTHING I do or have makes any difference.
Please help. Thanks in advance

Go to: