Problem w/ crashing ?

[Post New]by aatarheel on Feb 21, 09 5:54 PM
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the game automatically closing either after finishing a level or just at a random point in the game ? I'm still using the free 60 mins, and I'm down to 30. I'm really thinking about purchasing it, but am concerned if it's just going to crash on my all the time ? Is there an update I'm not aware of ?
ANY help would be of great help !

Thanks !

Re:Problem w/ crashing ?

[Post New]by amekelatos on Feb 24, 09 6:57 PM
Hi there,

I bought the game and I've had the same problem. It's happened three or four times now. It seems though, that it will only do it one time after I inially start the game-about five minutes in-and after I restart it, it seems to be fine and not crash again. (at least until the next time I start up the game for the first time that day)

MNHawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by MNHawk on Jun 22, 09 11:49 AM
This has happened to me no matter what, after 1/2 hr to an hr is just closes. Does not matter what you are doing. Its really upsetting me as it gets to be a royal pain when almost done with a level then it closes on you and have to start all over again.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jun 22, 09 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that your games are crashing! It sounds like there are some display issues that are causing the game to continually crash when you get to certain point, and to fix that, I'd suggest to go ahead and update your video drivers and DirectX software.

Those updates are usually free and shouldn't take you very long to get onto your system, so you can see an article from our help pages about how to get those updates here. You can also click on that small green envelope at the bottom right of the page to get in touch with our Customer Support team to get your game back up and running.

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

MNHawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by MNHawk on Jun 23, 09 5:56 PM
bfgEuphrates wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that your games are crashing! It sounds like there are some display issues that are causing the game to continually crash when you get to certain point, and to fix that, I'd suggest to go ahead and update your video drivers and DirectX software.

Those updates are usually free and shouldn't take you very long to get onto your system, so you can see an article from our help pages about how to get those updates <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158/kw/unable%20to%20play/r_id/109674>here</a>. You can also click on that small green envelope at the bottom right of the page to get in touch with our Customer Support team to get your game back up and running.

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

This is so the standard crappy responce they send you via Support Ticket

Ever think that some of us are not that STUPID not to try this first before posting here? Or do you think everyone is a MORON?

Sadly I have been working with and on computers sense 1986, and am not that STUPID not to check those first before posting an issue on the forums or sending a support ticket (of which I hate doing due to they send the wrong text book responce or some dumb responce that I had already covered in the ticket entry that I had tried already)

I really think they should take the text book responce book they have to go by and TRASH IT

Sadly there are issues with SP2 (that they say you must have or its causing your game to crash, That (edit due to context) is so not true. SP2 can cause more crash issues with games then its worth. Also some games just crash at random due to vista, but work just fine on XP. I wont go into the reason for that, but most Tech inclined or game code people understand why that happens.

It gets so tire some seeing these junk responces that have nothing to do with the issue or are totally off the wall

And just so you don't give the same crap again, I did all my updates for all the things on my computer, I always check those weekly if not more often. As some updates are more random then Microsoft does theirs.

Whats even funnier is when they tell you to disable your spyware and anti virus, surely tells you that they have Trojans running in the backround that send out lots of information. And when your programs stops them from sending it causes an Error that can crash the game. This is the classic one I love to see as a responce LOL

[Post New]by chillfactor76 on Feb 24, 10 5:06 PM
Constantly crashing and my video card drivers are up to date, so is my windows updated, my system is virus clean. Don't know what the issue with this game is. Sad, its a fun game but half time it doesn't let me play.

Go to: