bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available - February 12, 2013

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 12, 13 4:01 PM
Hi Fishies,

We have an updated PC version available for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™! This new version fixes an issue where the game would sometimes appear in a small window in the upper-left corner on some Windows 7 and 8 systems.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game, steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 4:09:17 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available - February 12, 2013

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Mar 13, 13 5:58 PM
I thought patches and updates to previously bought games were announced on our game manager for us to update. I've never received notificiations for updates on any of the more than 80 games I own, and just came across your mention of this new version now. My system is Windows XP...you mentioned Windows 7 and 8 above. Is this why I didn't receive a notification? I've had no problems playing Madame Fate in the five years I've owned it. My computer is eight years old.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 10, 13 2:53 PM
Hey there FishyFemale,

Not all updates are shown in the Game Manager, only ones that are considered critical for the game to work. Therefore you'll often find update announcements in the Forums that didn't show up in the Game Manager. If you're not experiencing any issues with the game, then no need to get that update since it was likely for a small margin of players experiencing an issue.

I hope this helps to explain things a little bit, and if you have any other questions feel free to post them or to contact Customer Support!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

[Post New]by xrayct on Jun 4, 13 3:15 PM
It's great that you've done an update for the PC version. When are we going to see an updated version for MAC???? I have several of the MCF games I can longer play because of my OS upgrade. I miss no being able to play them.

[Post New]by ScubaJen on Jun 4, 13 7:35 PM
I'm on Win7, I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game twice, and the small screen issue is still there. When I try to play it in fullscreen mode, the right side of the game is cut off. I can't see the list of items to find in HO scenes. And when I try to play in non-fullscreen mode, the window is so small, I can't see the HO items to find. Ugh! Please advise.
Jennifer

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 12, 13 1:10 PM
xrayct wrote:It's great that you've done an update for the PC version. When are we going to see an updated version for MAC???? I have several of the MCF games I can longer play because of my OS upgrade. I miss no being able to play them.

Excellent question. Also, it was so much easier to check the entire list of updated games that existed in the now dead "Announcements" Forum. So much for making it easy for the customer.

[Post New]by luckycat29 on Nov 30, 13 8:33 AM
I agree with xraytc. I just bought madame fate to better understand the story before I play fates carnival but because I have the most updated OS on my mac it won't play the game. It's practically money down the drain. Please bigfish make an update for mac users so loyal customers like myself and many others can enjoy the games we purchase.

Go to: