bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available - February 12, 2013

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 12, 13 4:28 PM
Hi Fishies,

We have an updated PC version available for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™! This new version fixes an issue where the game would sometimes appear in a small window in the upper-left corner on some Windows 7 and 8 systems.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game, steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgMonongahela

yourss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available - February 12, 2013

[Post New]by yourss on Feb 16, 13 6:10 PM
i have been working on it for about 2 hrrs. no problem yet. only i need to get out the door on left and dont have the 4th marble to work the puzzle. ineed to go look at the stragee book, but afraid they wont let me back in. i got realy mad when they would,nt let me have a full window.finally got it tho..............yourss

yourss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by yourss on Mar 12, 13 6:25 PM
i am hoping that mine is stratened out, with the help from all the big fish gang, and a speical thanks to Denies who helped me a lot.and dr.fellix. i am hoping real hard. didnt have any trouble yesterday or today. l love this game, even more tha the others. it gets a 5 point from me. even a 10 if it goes that high.i have about all his games. am sure waiting on the new one they keep talking about. hope it is as good as R.TR. didn,t mean to write a letter. keep it going boys...................................................................................yours

[Post New]by theladygigi on Apr 1, 13 1:55 AM
If I uninstall/re-install, will I have to start the game over, or will I still be able to take up where I left off?

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Apr 1, 13 9:44 AM
de/reinstalled 3 times and it is still appearing as a small square in the middle of the screen when I uncheck the widescreen option which has it up in top left hand corner as small square.

Tried running with compatability but that didn't help. All ideas welcome

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 13 1:27 PM
theladygigi wrote:If I uninstall/re-install, will I have to start the game over, or will I still be able to take up where I left off?

Hi theladygigi,

This update shouldn't affect the progress you've already made in the game. If you uninstall and reinstall you'll be able to continue on from where you left off.

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 13 1:30 PM
lyrialice wrote:de/reinstalled 3 times and it is still appearing as a small square in the middle of the screen when I uncheck the widescreen option which has it up in top left hand corner as small square.

Tried running with compatability but that didn't help. All ideas welcome

Hi lyrialice,

I did some more checking on this particular problem, and it looks like our Tech Support Team has some other troubleshooting steps they can try with you. They are all based on the type of video card you are running though, so it's probably best for you to get in touch with them directly to keep working on this.

I know you're an expert at the process, but here are those links for you just to make things easier.

Contact Us page

Live Chat Support

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Apr 2, 13 7:27 AM
Thank you bfgMonongahela

They are just going to love another form from me

Update

I de/reinstalled again

then

(I have to do this each time I play the game.)

I just change the screen resolution and check the widescreen box and it fills the screen

Edited on 04/03/2013 at 2:30:12 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 3, 13 5:05 PM
Hi lyrialice,

I'm glad to hear that you may have found a way to get everything to display correctly again, even though I know adding that extra step isn't the best possible fix.

And please don't worry about contacting Tech Support too much! That's what the team is here for, and we all are happy to do whatever we can so that you Fishies can play your games. As this is one of my personal favorites, I can definitely understand wanting to be able to go back to it again and again!!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Tina1961 on Oct 3, 13 11:28 AM
Can you tell me how to get the update for this game.? I have already sent an email to Bigfish concerning this problem with the screen being so small and in the left corner.

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jwock on Aug 23, 14 5:59 PM
when is a playable version of this for macs going to come out. we've been waiting a loooooooonnng time for that issue with mountain lion to be fixed

Go to: