bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for But to Paint a Universe

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 13, 13 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of But to Paint a Universe ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the But to Paint a Universe page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for But to Paint a Universe

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 13, 13 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Feb 13, 13 4:04 AM
Three letters: OMG! I really dont know what the game's abt. It seems like a straight forward match 3. There was a level whereby try as I did, somehow the game didnt allow me to go forward. It doesnt show message eg "You have to obtain xxx points etc,would u like to try again", etc. Instead it just display whatever instructions at the start of the game and tell u, u have to clear the color balls but what's the target is NOT known at all. Maybe I am missing something?

It lasted abt 15mins and I was like retching. Its colorful enough, but so boring and so non user gamer friendly that its better u waste your time to play some other games

DEVELOPER: Put on your thinking cap and back to drawing board. A game that is either too difficult or too easy or too "wordy" without proper instructions or tutorial is not hip and gamers will thus hopped yours. We are all fishes here, so we will naturally "migrate" to better waters, nicer environment, and all of us has ability to swim forwards, backwards, sideways, hopped, skipped, jumped to other games.

GAME OVER buddy!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 13, 13 8:38 AM
I played the full hour of this trial and I'm on the fence. I do like a challenge and this is one of them. The instructions are horrible so I'll do my best to tell you what I figured out.

This is not a match three at all. You have round holes where you have to fill with certain colors. To do this you can click on or under the holes until your color arrives. At first you have to fill all the holes with "all green" "all blue" and "all pink". There's no where in the instructions that say this but I finally figured it out. You have X amount of clicks to do this.

All is well until the bombs show up that blow up all the work in lines beside and below. I finally figured out that if I blow them up way above the target circles I will only destroy the line I'm working on and not all of my finshed work.

I hope this make some sense. That's as far as I got in the game when time ended. The game is difficult. When time expired for me I was on a new bonus screen and I haven't figured that out yet. (The bonus screens have hidden moons to find.)

I don't know if I will buy this game. I'd like to see what other fishies think. You will have to play the entire trial to get the gist of this game but it is a challenge. I turn music off but there was some nice piano. Colors are soft and pleasant enough. If I decide to purchase and play on I'll come back in.

Good luck fishies.

Edit:
I did purchase this game and am almost through with it. I actually really find it interesting. I have to replay many levels so I can figure them out but they are not that long. You have plenty of time to look things over. I find the designers of this game to be rather brilliant.

Edited on 02/13/2013 at 7:05:27 PM PST

ritteri
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by ritteri on Feb 13, 13 10:51 AM
Thank you barbie. After reading your review I went back and tried again. I actually do like the game, and it got pretty challenging after the first bonus. I'll probably buy it at some point. There are directions which tell you which color needs to fill the rings. The little colored icons at the bottom indicate how many times you need to fill the rings with a particular color; usually one to three times for each color from what I saw. The bonus round I did was a sort of hos; but not real involved. Anyway, thanks again for figuring it out.

[Post New]by psnider555 on Feb 13, 13 5:39 PM
I Did'nt get this one at all.No information on what to do.Orhow to go forward.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Feb 13, 13 10:09 PM
A million thanks Barbiecats. I would never have figured it out without your explanation.

It's a challenging game once you figure out what you have to do (namely, get all the same colors in the rings). I didn't realize that you could click on only one circle without it having to be "attached" to more of the same color. That made it so much easier.

Fishies, if you like puzzle games (as I do) be sure to give this one a try - as long as you understand the goal is filling in all the heavy circles with the same color, you won't waste time trying to figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

It's not as simple as it would first appear.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 14, 13 7:15 PM
This is the most BORING game I've ever played. Un-freaking believeably boring.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Feb 14, 13 11:55 PM
You got bonus and bombs.Not here.No matter what I do, I can not get past the 1st level.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Feb 15, 13 9:54 AM
Yes, the game developers are brilliant, but unfortunately they are not very clear. Barbiecats, you are brilliant, and clear. Once I read your explanation, I was able to proceed with the game, and find that I love it. The initial confusion was a little off-putting, but, now that I know what is going on, I think the game is marvelous. I suspect that the tendency to assume that it is a match-3 is a big part of the problem. I originally approached it as something like Collapse, which didn't work well at all.

This game is original, soothing, beautiful, and has lovely piano music in the background. Think of it as a zen-like venture into a fairy tale which wants to scramble your brain.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 16, 13 2:34 PM

Not a match 3. Which is what you might assume at first glance.

I was able to figure out what was wanted to advance.

My frustration came when I had most everything ready to go, then had to demolish some of what I had set up, just to be able to move forward.

Very different.

Have never seen anything like it.

Kudos to the devs for something new.

Might even get a few buyers if the instructions were helpful.

This is a no buy for me.

But I strongly encourage the devs to keep trying.

In fact, as much as it prolly rankles the nerves, listening to the players' comments and ideas will give you great ideas on how to get what you want while giving us what we want.

Best of luck

Angel

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Feb 23, 13 4:45 PM
Cool game! There are directions before each level. The line ups change, so be sure to read the directions! (bubbles pop vertically, horizontally, diagonally - be aware!).

[Post New]by Khaywolf on Feb 24, 13 6:25 AM
Very nice game for when you're feeling contemplative.

Go to: