Jackhammer Issue

[Post New]by PugsOnParade78 on Feb 13, 13 12:56 PM
Hi. After I put out the fire in the study I can't pick up the jackhammer. I know I need it but even zooming and tapping it I can't get into my inventory. I've had no problems until this..am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Jackhammer Issue

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 13, 13 1:42 PM
Hi PugsOnParade78,

There are a total of five fires that need to be extinguished before you can grab the jackhammer. You can check out the walkthrough for the game here for more information on that scene if you'd like.

In there, you'll find pictures and descriptions for each scene in the game, including that part with the fire. Hopefully that will help in getting the jackhammer!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by PugsOnParade78 on Feb 14, 13 12:27 PM
Thank you for the reply bfgSeine.

My issue is, all the fires are out. In fact, I out out every fire available in the mansion. The extinguisher is no longer in my inventory. When I enter the room with the jackhammer, five plums of smoke come up and dissipate.

Glancing at the walkthrough, you should be able to use the tweezers on the fireplace next to the jackhammer. I can't do that either. So, I am not only unable to get the jackhammer, I am unable to get the ball for the journal either. And with the fire extingisher gone, I'm thinking that I'm just not able to finish the game. Pity, too.

Perhaps you have another idea? Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 14, 13 1:19 PM
Hi PugsOnParade78,

I'm sorry that didn't help! After the fires go out, the first step that should be completed is to grab the jackhammer, so that's odd that it isn't working. One thing that might help is to actually uninstall and reinstall the game. Your saved progress should be left intact by doing that, and it might clear up any problems that you're seeing there. You can refer to this help article for more information on reinstalling the game if you'd like:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't allow you to grab the jackhammer, then I might recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support Team. They might be able to provide more information about that scene so you can continue on.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

Re:Fire and Jackhammer Issue

[Post New]by Subpoenathepastx on Apr 14, 13 4:28 PM
When I get to the room where I'm supposed to put out the 5 fires with the fire extinguisher. I am unable to do so. I put the extinguisher on any of the 5 fires and none of them go out. Is there a way to fix this because I can't move on further. Thanks.

Go to: