bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 14, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 14, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Feb 14, 13 12:48 AM
Sorry but three minutes was enough for me, maybe wife will like it, but not for me. They have obviously tried very hard with the graphics and all but the first option put me right off. If you don't want sparkles you loose the hint and skip buttons! Why? I have seen this before and thought it was stupid then, it still is. I want to play it how I want to play it, if I want help (hint, sparkles etc) I'll ask, if I don't ask, I don't want it, my choice not yours.
Then there were two 'puzzles', far too simple even for a four year old. Sorry but I don't usually let first impressions sway me but I can't be bothered with this. There have been some cracking SEs recently, I'll go play one of them.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 14, 13 1:26 AM
Played 40 minutes, casual

- Blue Tea Games

- 3 modes, casual, normal, hard

- Integrated SG which shows (? I think) 11 chapters, they're short

- No notebook

- Objectives can be seen on the bottom left of your screen

- Shortly after playing you get an interactive mystical compass, replace a map, only shows you locations

- Voice overs

- FROG, items difficult to find

- Mini games not over difficult

- Good background sounds

- Hint is useful outside H0, refills quickly casual

- Music a bit loud

- Good graphics

Nasty Phoenix Queen wants to destroy Enchantia. My average time for a demo is 20 minutes to get a fair idea of a game. Played 40 for this one as I wanted to give it a fair go, never entered the game... Quite a disappointment and a no buy for me.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Feb 14, 13 2:17 AM
Not wanting to duplicate what has already been said, I just wanted to add couple things.

Played in casual mode - 60 minutes (made it through Act 3)

The map is interactive, but you can't jump to a specific screen, rather a specific region of the game.

Very heavy on cut scenes with nice voice-overs - but too many of them for my liking.

Hint button walks you from screen to screen to the task you need to complete next without having to wait for the hint button to recharge. I like games that do that, therefore I never looked at the SG.

Finding magical items helps to decrease wait time of the hint button. But personally I felt it recharges very quickly as it is. Didn't know what to look for, but I did accidentally click on 2 magical objects in the 60 min. playtime.

I played the entire 60 min but I'm still on the fence. It's nice to see another game with a bright atmosphere, but I think I can deal with waiting for the SE version.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Feb 14, 13 2:45 AM
Haven't played like but for one minute. But to add:

Main Game - 11 Chapters + Prologue
(Pages 1-45)

Bonus Game - 3 Chapters + Prologue
(Pages 46-61)

Enchanted Objects - 20
(Listed on Page 62 of Strategy Guide)

Bonus Content:
Puzzles
Wallpapers
Movie Gallery
Music
Concept Art
Character Profiles

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 14, 13 3:34 AM
From Blue Tea comes this beautiful game----an absolute visual feast. So much to see and do, this game is beautifully done.

The story involves the wicked Phoenix Queen and her dreaded reappearance with the goal of destroying all of Enchantia. So of course the helpful professor sends you, the pupil, to take care of this evil following her 500 year banishment.

The game opens in widescreen (certainly, Blue Tea) to absolutely gorgeous graphics and artwork with colors that are simply knockout.

And as with Blue Tea games, the searches are for fragmented objects, which can be tiresome and hard to complete (e.g., Mortimer), but Blue Tea always handles this well, and I really enjoy this style of play when done this nicely.

The voiceovers and music are done quite well and, to me, add to the game.

The puzzles start out very simple, but get harder as you progress.

The CE material is the usual with a couple of extra things thrown in, but the main feature is the bonus game, which appears to be of good length.

Blue Tea, along with Boomzap and Elephant, are the top devs going right now, and this game has proven that once again----a buy and a must have for me.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 14, 13 3:37 AM
This game looks like someone got violently ill and spewed out the graphics. Its just too much to look at. Warning: This game may cause slight dizziness and nausea.

A fantasy fiction that takes you to Enchantia (must have really worked hard on that name) and you need to stop the Phoenix Queen who has just escaped (thanks to you) from turning the world to ashes. SHe is after a powerful relic that will restore her power and she is not too happy with the folks of Enchantia.

Graphics are blurred, HO scenes are Fragmented Objects that will cause damage to the eyes and minigames are just silly and some are made to be challenging in very odd ways (I am curious, did anyone manage to trap the fairy in the second mini-game? I jsut gave up after 15 minutes)

No collectables, no achievements, no journal. Just a mystical compass that will transport you to areas of interest. There is alot of wandering around, looking for objects and the black bar tip will tell you what you need.

Found the game too busy and all over the place. Will definitely pass on this.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Feb 14, 13 4:26 AM
I'll update and say that I'm on Chapter 3. I think this is one of their more challenging games. And someone said that you can't click off the dialogs if you accidentally click on the characters again, but I was able to. I just clicked on the dialog bubble and it stopped. I like the graphics. But overall, this is bit of a different game for them. You can use the map to travel to major locations. I can't really tell about the length as in hours. I think it just depends on how good you are at remembering where things are.

To answer someone's question. Yes, I was able to trap to fairy. But I had to use the strategy guide for the first puzzle on the door when trying to get the elements in the right place.

I haven't had any problems with the fragments.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 14, 13 5:56 AM
This is the first Blue Tea Game where I have to say .....seriously.......how many more cut scenes can one stuff into a game??? I HATE those. I want to play a game not watch and read dialogs until the cows come home.

I know with BTG games the FROG scenes are usually a bit harder but come on, a lot of the objects are barely recognizable.

I lasted 20 minutes and dashed for the door. This game left me so uninterested I spent most of the game just hitting the hint button to see where I need to go next.

Total miss.........

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Feb 14, 13 6:01 AM
I have loved all the Blue Tea games so far and I will buy this one having said that I found the concept art not so stunning and clear as with previous games, perhaps they have a different artist. Still love the music and sound effects though.

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Feb 14, 13 6:39 AM
FINALLY! ! A well done F-R-O-G! Playing in Hard Mode over 4 hours & @ end of Ch 2; No tech issues: runs smooth, graphics are sharp, colorful, detailed; great sound/music while wearing headphones. Adjustable volume. Cutscenes are a must if you REALLY want to be "in the game" and keep track of at least 20 unusual character names, including 6 human.
Excellent VO's. Sparkles appear in Easy & Medium. Morphs,
To exit game, lower right, it says OPTIONS, click on it and then click Main Menu. Thank God, for a jump map! SG keeps your place.

When FROGs, fairytales, good story, sound/graphics, etc. are met in one game, what more can one ask for..except, offer a few MORE FROGs of this caliber that don't become trilogies/4 somes.

Clarifying a previous reviewer about the prologue (now deleted) (not a spoiler): The Queen is announcing to nobody in particular that she IS BACK and means business! This is not a sequel...It's like the opening scene of an epic movie and looks like one. Doesn't feel like it's coming out of left field. Usually don't watch tutorials, but because of the huge "cast" and playing in hard mode, I did and less than a minute was enough for me. Helpful for newbie. If you get stuck: use SG.
I'm not good at puzzles and haven't started pulling out my hair yet. Puzzles vary in difficulty, a couple could've had more detailed instructions or it's because intricate 'go in a certain order' /repeat the notes frustrate me. Captured the Fairy puzzle took time and completed w. no help.

FROG scenes easy,Finding the scene a bit more difficult in HardMode. Random items and tasks to pick up and do along the way. Usually my reviews are on a complete game, but before too many negative "too easy, too many H0s, don't like FROGs" reviews appear; people like me might ignore this one. Long game for me so far.I'm not experiencing dizziness, headaches, etc...just enjoying being in a colorful, sharp, spectacular experience from Blue Tea with a 'different' theme and it's a FROG! (not a reptile).
I cancelled a month or so ago and just happened to check in and saw I didn't miss much while away until I saw the TGT. Thank you . A game like this, was the reason I joined BFG a long time ago, although now, those games are considered old school by some.

*edited for more info/done

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 12:43:54 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 14, 13 6:40 AM
Very disappointing for a Blue Tea Game. Great Graphics and sound albeit overly loud music. Poor game play, and too busy frogs. Puzzles not intuative. Had a devil of a time trying to figure out how to swap icons on the door.
Maybe as a SE, but not as a CE

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 14, 13 7:00 AM
you know, I bought this pretty quickly after watching the demo..mostly because of Blue Teas reputation..
This game, unfortunately, is very heavy on cut scenes, heavy on light shows that I have to turn away from, and not a lot of interest.
It really is beautiful, but your less of a player and more of a watcher. I'm hoping this sorts out as the game continues, but at this point, I wish I'd held the wallet.
so-
great graphics
confusing gameplay...where they heck am I? the scenes are very much alike.
Try it yourself, just because this developer is one of the best.
kris

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 14, 13 7:03 AM
I'm very surprised at all the negative comments about this game, having played the demo through to the end and just loving every aspect of it. Each to their own I guess!

Blue Tea never disappoint me with their games. The graphics are simply breathtakingly beautiful; I really cannot understand the 'someone got violently ill' comment at all. I didn't find the graphics blurry; they were crystal clear for me. The puzzles were a mix of very easy, reasonably challenging and downright inexplicable! As for 'trapping the fairy', I gave up with that one too!

As for the fragmented object HOS, personally I can't play enough of them. I think I must just have the mindset to be able to see the objects without too much effort. Going back to a scene the second time is even easier; I just look for things that don't seem to belong. It works for me!

There are collectibles; objects that speed up the hint system. I found one by accident but wouldn't take the time to look for them. The dialogue was a bit lengthy but you can click through it. Cut scenes were fairly plentiful but so gorgeous to look at I didn't mind them at all.

If I could afford this game I would buy it today but sadly I can't It will have to wait a couple of weeks but is top of my 'to buy' list. I loved all the other Blue Tea games and this one is no exception

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 14, 13 8:50 AM
Enchantia is an art masterpiece!! I'm so very surprised by the negative reviews for the game. Gosh, I have been waiting for Enchantia and purchased it outright without the demo, and true to form Blue Tea has never developed a game that IMO was a disappointment. Enchantia is just a feast for the senses - oh my, what a great way to start Valentine's Day.

It goes without saying that the graphics in this game are beautiful. The voice-overs are excellent and I really like the story. I don't find the cut scenes cumbersome or to be too many, in fact they lay the story out perfectly.

Along with the excellent graphics, we have interesting puzzles. I had a bit of difficulty with the first one but soon caught on to the sequence of switching. It's nice to have puzzles that require some thought to solve. I am not a huge fan of FROGS in general but I do enjoy the ones from this developer, mainly because of the beautiful artwork they incorporate into these scenes. Another plus is that we get to find "enchanted" objects throughout our journey. Love the map!

IMHO, this game is the same quality and caliber as the Red Riding Hood Sisters that Blue Tea presented late in 2012. Enchantia looks to be just as wonderful and may even surpass that effort.

I hope that BFG members will read through some of the later reviews in this thread and not make a decision on the game's quality based on the many negative reviews by early posters.

Thanks BFG and Blue Tea for a very beautiful game.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Feb 14, 13 9:01 AM
For me this is another winner from Blue Tea - but I'm a fan of bright colors and High Fantasy! Yes, some of the backgrounds in cut scenes are blurry - mild bummer I suppose, but in-game graphics are nice and clear! Nice touch of having VO during the tutorial as well. Shows the devs put a bit of extra effort in Got a little click happy at one point and had two VO dialogues going at once - oops - don't do that

Runs well - what a relief - cursor obeys and does not seem to have a mind of its own! Cut scenes, scene changes and the like moved with speed.

I'm enjoying the story and looking forward to the promised "over 20" characters - I think they will add quite a bit to this game! Frequently we just wander alone through HOGS and FROGS running into only the occassional antagonist or ghost!

Cut scenes aren't a bother to me as this particular game seems very heavy on story as well as adventure, FROGS and puzzles! Nice that the very first puzzle was not impossible to solve, but wan't crazy easy either! So often we breeze through the demo portion of a game and wonder "Will it all be this simple?"

I'll second FROG scenes seem a bit tricker than in previous Blue Tea games - this is a good thing! Often as not you can gather 80% of the items without really looking at the pictures of what you're trying to find...found myself really working at these FROGS! Again - this shows an effort on the part of the devs - extra work placing the FROG objects.

Always get a bit of a chuckle when a game starts out with our protagonist immediately doing something that seems like "Not the best idea ever" - but you know you have to muck things up before you can fix them, so you dive in anyway! Human naute "Hey, what happens if I do this??" oops.

As others have said - give the demo a go - seems one way or the other you'll have your own firm opinion! If this isn't your cuppa (Tea!) you can take advantage of the sale to meet your gaming needs today!

Happy Gaming!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 14, 13 9:03 AM
I have other games from this dev and liked them, but this one seems a bit old school. Graphics are nice, but not as clear as they could be, choppy movements, a lot of color but very washed out, which is very tiring on the eyes and makes everything run together. Voice overs nice, but also have subtitles. Way too many cutscenes. A lot of duplication on HOGs, which are messy and have, because of the color, hard to find items. I do like this type of HOG.

Nice music and simple games. Jump map is nice. Some hand-holding between someone telling you where to go next and the map having a large glowing ball on your next location. Fairly quick recovery on hint system and very helpful.

There really isn't a lot of challenge, nor much action in this one. You just sort of amble along. This one didn't grab me from the beginning, nor did it make me want to run out and get it now.

All that being said, it was a nice game. Not sure it is CE worthy, but that's my personal thought. I'm not sure I will buy this one, simply because of the near monochrome "color." This is going in my puddle for now.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 14, 13 10:25 AM
I'm going to go against the grain and agree with Eoarod here. While I wouldn't quite call this a masterpiece, as stated in another review, I am finding it an enjoyable game. i am about halfway through the game now, and since I've been playing on an off all morning, I can see that I am going to be happy with the length of this game.

With today being Valentines Day, I treated myself based on the brightly colored lovely graphics. I wanted a game of pure fluff and fairy tale fantasy for today. I haven't considered the game disjointed at all and the game has played flawlessly for me. While the frogs can be difficult to find, a certain amount of random clicking can narrow the list down considerably. I've always enjoyed the extremely detailed realizations of the completed and assembled 'frog' item that this developer creates. The puzzles have been good, some easy, some hard. I'm pleased with my purchase and always pleased with the Dev's games.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 14, 13 11:50 AM
I played the beta of this one...longest beta test I have ever done, and I loved it. the graphics, the story, the music, all of it, and I am not a huge fan of FROGS, but this one hooked me from the get go. Instant buy for me.

Go to: