DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Enchantia: Wrath of the Pheonix Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 14, 13 2:49 AM
Hi there,
As an avid fan of the Blue Tea Games' FROGS as the scenes are generally difficult and a challenge for me, and I was looking forward to this one when I got home only to find 2 unfavourable reviews and 1 unfavourable comment.
I had previously also read and noted comments about this game from those who had had the opportunity to beta test it and they seemed to have been most positive.
So what has changed? Why doesn't this game "grab" you if the production quality is of the usual exemplary standard?
These games are usually "busy" with things to do/find/solve, so why hasn't this one achieved the goal of entertainment and enjoyment as casual games should?
Interested in anyone's assessment.
Cheers

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 2:53:00 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Comments for Enchantia: Wrath of the Pheonix Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 14, 13 3:04 AM
You got my attention with the mentions of FROGs... but I think many here don't find them very entertaining.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 14, 13 3:14 AM
Hi snapnhiss,
You may be right about the FROGS. These are usually very challenging.
I seem to remember a hue and cry from Blue Tea oficionados when they changed to iHogs in one of their games - Fabled Legends I believe (but I may be wrong with the game title here and welcome a correction).
I wonder where these fans are tonight?
Hope you had a loverly "Valentine" if you partake in this event.
Cheers

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 14, 13 3:15 AM
Good Morning

I have a day off and its raining quite heavily, so going nowhere. I bought the game as soon as I saw the devs, and didn't bother to trial it, I just love their games.

This game didn't disappoint me at all. Having played for a couple of hours, I am still open mouthed at the breathe taking art work, lots of places to go which I love, and a map to take you there.

I am so happy.

Linda

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 14, 13 3:21 AM
I bought this game without playing the demo because I love BTG's and it was a big file so I didn't want to download twice. I am happy with my decision and I am really enjoying this game as I absolutely love FROG's.
Happy Gaming..

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 14, 13 3:28 AM
Hello Hapless and giddiup101,
That is great news. Seems the game might not be a "dud" at all.
I also have slower DL speed here and often just jump in and purchase a game from one of my favourite developers when the Sample Version is large and the full game is even larger (as with this one - over 1 gig).
Cheers

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Feb 14, 13 3:31 AM
Hi DLO

I like FROGs as a variation from plain HOS (which I detest), but as all things, only in moderation. I had to stop playing Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters because it just had too many FROG scenes (sometimes one after the other).

The graphics on this game look amazing so I am going to try it out. I just hope that the game won't again be spoiled for me by having too many FROGs.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 14, 13 3:47 AM
Hi Jenny,
The Blue Tea Games Dark Parables series were based on FROGs from their inception and I for one look forward to the challenge.
I do understand your point of view, but from other information it seems this game is based on similar FROGs that might be to my liking/preference, but maybe not yours.
Let's all hope that the storyline and gamepley are both otherwise engaging enough for all to overcome or manage the FROG fest.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 14, 13 5:09 AM
I love FROG games but BlueTea doesn't do them the best (the FROG scenes are way too easy to be fun) and I haven't tried this game yet but am not expecting too much. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised? I hope so.. the devs who know how to FROGs best are G**ii and Al**ar... they know how to do FROGs!! I will try this one eventually I'm sure but I'm not too excited about this one.

eta: I always end up playing the BlueTea games because I like their stories.

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 5:11:33 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Feb 14, 13 5:29 AM
hi fishes dlo just you to know was slow as a snail lol well worth the waite super clear scens frogs to me are well done you do have to hunt for the pices that to me is what is fun there were two frags i had to find looked &lookedturned out one wasright under my nose the other right in plain sight made me lol of course. looks like lots to do. like you dlo i hit the buy button so glad i did b t is one of my fave delova big thank you blue tea awsume job also bf for this game .now to get breakfast some sleep than i will be back to play this is one game that isworth the name / price of a ce have a great day fishes its going to be a fun one for me

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Feb 14, 13 6:25 AM
Pretty game, but I really don't care for "frogs". I find myself clicking mindlessly & hoping I find most of the pieces and then use hints fror the leftovers. Maybe I'll take another look when this is a SE.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Feb 14, 13 6:46 AM
I played the whole hour demo and didn't need the SG once, so I will probably wait for the SE as well. It is a well-done, beautifully-illustrated game, but I'm not sure I want to pay the CE price right now. MLC60

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 14, 13 7:10 AM
hi dragonlady
well, to answer your question. This game is so heavy on cut scens and blinding light shows (fire), that there isn't a lot to do except go forward, go back..wait a minute, that scene looks so like the other. now why am I here?
I love Blue Tea, but it seems only one vision is in charge here, and overdone at that. Graghics of course are lovely, but heavy on the yellows and oranges which are hard to see depth into. I was hungering for a nice dark woody scene.
I bought it after a few minutes on the demo basically because I've loved their other games...this one, ...um, I just don't know.
I think by creating so many cut scenes..the player is taken out of the game and is simply a passive screen watcher. Add the flashing of light, you have issues.
The FROG scenes are fine, they can be nicely mind numbing..but sometimes I'd like a scene where II recognize something.

kris

[Post New]by dorbine on Feb 14, 13 7:16 AM
I played the demo and loooved it. This is a must for me, beatifull grafics and sound.
It is a bigger game then before, i have waited for that,here is bigger better

[Post New]by hennfish on Feb 14, 13 8:23 AM
bought this game today and love it so far great graphics and usual high quality from Blue Tea thanks for a winner!

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 8:23:30 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 14, 13 8:27 AM
I think this is a game that coulda, woulda, shoulda been much better with a few tweaks such as less Frogs, less cut scenes, less flashing lights. Neater scenes with less "stuff" in them. Even though I like to explore, it was hard to know where to go and what to do. Too much in your face sorta thing. Some items in the Frog scenes are pretty hard to spot even with my good eyes. Also didn't find this game to be much fun and I really didn't want to know what happens next. Maybe it gets better as it goes along but for now I'll just wait and see what others have to say.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Feb 14, 13 8:34 AM
What a beautiful game! I really like having such a detailed story unfolding for me. I found myself understanding why the Queen is so mad that mankind is not being good guardians of earth. Thank you so much Devs for attention to detail you did in the making of this amazing game and you Big Fish for giving us another high quality game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 14, 13 9:05 AM
I downloaded the demo but checked the review thread before trying and saw it was a Blue Tea FROG and quickly deleted the demo and bought the game (thanks Cbtx ).

Alas I have hit a little problem and I posted it in the tech thread
which I decided to brighten up a bit .

ETA ...

I think I need some but I never expected to find it there and consequently I didn't look there .

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 9:43:43 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 14, 13 9:38 AM
This dev is one of my most favorites, but...
I played the demo for about 20 minutes and got tired,
I struggled in the FRAG scenes and got overwhelmed with all the clutter.
With saying that, it is a beautiful game, just too much for my old' eyes.
Enjoy to those of you that like this, I wish I could of.
Not MY "cup of tea", get it?

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Feb 14, 13 10:46 AM
Nope, don't like a game with all FROGS---usually I never demo them. I've never even bought any of the Dark Parables games.

Go to: