bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 15, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 15, 13 6:06 AM
I could not get the game to open. Black screen and I waited about 6 whole minutes. So, well, can't buy a game that will not work!

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Feb 15, 13 9:24 AM
That happened to me, too; it was very slow to start opening and then it hung there with the black screen and a large custom cursor. I did a ctrl/alt/del and restarted my computer and after that it opened quickly. No further problems through the demo.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 15, 13 10:22 AM
Hey there heatherington,

I'm sorry to hear about those issues getting the game to open!

This can happen for a few different reasons, but often updating the video card driver helps the game to display correctly.

Please also be sure to reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can take a closer look and help figure out what may be causing those issues!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

unknitter: Happy to hear that the game opened OK for you after closing out!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by creichman on Feb 17, 13 5:12 AM
There is a hidden object scene close to the end of the game where you have to find 3 knives, I can see the last one on the walkthrough screen and when I use the hint button it circles where it's supposed to be but I can't see it and I've clicked everywhere inside the hint circle and it's not showing up, it's in the light house.

[Post New]by staragree on Feb 17, 13 6:43 AM
I had the same problem of a black then white with logo screen. I remembered I had disabled my shockwave add-on because downloading flash ads takes too much time and RAM. I enabled it again and Voila! It works. To take a look to see if this add-on, or any other that might be a problem, go to the Tools section of the top of your Internet explorer, click on it, then go to manage add-ons. Be sure and click on the link that says "All add-ons",not just those that are loaded. Check to see what's enabled and/or disabled. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by gekkegerritje on Feb 17, 13 11:57 AM
creichman wrote:There is a hidden object scene close to the end of the game where you have to find 3 knives, I can see the last one on the walkthrough screen and when I use the hint button it circles where it's supposed to be but I can't see it and I've clicked everywhere inside the hint circle and it's not showing up, it's in the light house.

I have the same problem; can't find the third knife.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 18, 13 3:30 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that for some of you the knife doesn't want to appear.

We found that in these cases it often helps to uninstall and reinstall the game as this will make sure that all the files are back in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 3:30:52 AM PST

[Post New]by Flossie1964 on Mar 9, 13 5:51 AM
I am currently outside the church in a hidden object scene. I am trying to pick up the third bracelet. I pushed the hint button and clicked where it told me. With no success. Then I went to the walkthrough. I was in the right spot. I just can;t go any further in this game without picking up the bracelet.

Edited on 03/09/2013 at 5:53:56 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 9, 13 11:05 AM
Hey there Flossie1964,

Thanks so much for checking the Walkthrough and trying that hint button.

Since that bracelet is being a little stubborn please go ahead and get in touch with Tech Support and one of our Reps will be happy to help with some steps to try and get the game working properly.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Keeping my fins crossed that this gets resolved quickly for you!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Melanie1968 on Mar 9, 13 2:42 PM
This is more of an FYI in case anyone else is having issues with the cursor not being very responsive:

I was playing the demo (and enjoying it!) but noticed how sluggish the cursor was. I had it on the custom cursor that was the largest and switched to the smaller custom cursor. There was some improvement so I updated my video card driver(NVIDIA GeForce 9100) with little improvement. Once I switched to the regular, smallest cursor, it's running fine. The custom cursor doesn't work well with my computer. But I'm happy to be able to play the game without the lagging.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 9, 13 3:18 PM
Hi Melanie1968,

That's great to hear that your cursor is working normally! Disabling the custom cursor is a great way to alleviate any lag that might be occurring, and the driver updates can also improve game and computer performance overall. Thanks for the tips for other Fishies who might be running into those issues!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 30, 13 2:25 PM
Getting a lot of Access Violations as I play. I have to keep restarting the game. Errors tend to occur when there is a voice over. Frustrating.

Go to: