bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Feb 16, 13 1:12 AM
Black screen where skip scene should be? Can hear dialogue as though something is happening but screen is black. If I click 'skip scene' I get the picture back. If I look in journal it shows stills of what was happening and the girl telling story of what was happening.
I'm sure I should be seeing these scenes.
I'm playing on PC and everything is up to date.

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 1:13:31 AM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Feb 16, 13 1:14 AM
One hour six minutes and only 35% download on windows seven, pathetic!
I'm one of the few who remember the old system, download in a trice no problem.
I am buying fewer and fewer games as time goes on, NOTHING WRONG WITH MY SYSTEM! Big fish let us down when they moved to this system.
Loosing faith fast and am seriously considering leaving as I notice a lot of others who have been members for years have done.
Don't expect to see this in print but I am sure others feel the same way.
Before you start I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BIG FISH HAS SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THEIR PROBLEM!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 1:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that you are both having issues with this game - although they are not similar problems, I know that each much be pretty frustrating for you.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums, especially when basic troubleshooting has been exhausted.

Hence, the best way for us to get a real sense of your issue and provide some support that will tackle the root cause of the problem, is to have you contact our friendly Tech Support Team.

When contacting Support, if you have the time it would be really great if you could run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 16, 13 1:27 AM
I got the first page where the game is loading. Then the screen went black and it not only kicked me out it kicked me all the way to reboot. This is a new one for me. I have never had that happen. Usually I an error code or something.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 1:39 AM
Hi Robilyn,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open correctly, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 16, 13 2:51 AM
I too get black screen with voices during the cut scenes. LOL thought someone turned the lights off during the first scene but problem continued. Other than that, game runs smoothly if you skip the cut scenes but then what is the point? So guess will wait until there is a fix.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 3:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

Sorry to see that there are a few reports of the game performing poorly.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most up to date drivers to perform correctly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help with this process, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 3:51:20 AM PST

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Feb 16, 13 3:45 AM
0161 wrote:One hour six minutes and only 35% download on windows seven, pathetic!
I'm one of the few who remember the old system, download in a trice no problem.
I am buying fewer and fewer games as time goes on, NOTHING WRONG WITH MY SYSTEM! Big fish let us down when they moved to this system.
Loosing faith fast and am seriously considering leaving as I notice a lot of others who have been members for years have done.
Don't expect to see this in print but I am sure others feel the same way.
Before you start I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BIG FISH SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THEIR PROBLEM!

And now I go to play and when it tells me' you've found something'..the said objects just disappear..they don't go into the inventory aaaarrrggghhh I know it' a Halloween theme but come on..any ideas please
I'm just un-installing and re-installing so should be ready to try again in a few hours and it looks such a good game too

Just to up-date..that has seemed to solve my problem..how weird must really be a spooky happening...anyway the game looks very promising..thank-you to whoever the little gremlin was..

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 4:05:35 AM PST

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Feb 16, 13 3:47 AM
Robilyn wrote:I got the first page where the game is loading. Then the screen went black and it not only kicked me out it kicked me all the way to reboot. This is a new one for me. I have never had that happen. Usually I an error code or something.

Me too!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Feb 16, 13 3:58 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Black screen where skip scene should be? Can hear dialogue as though something is happening but screen is black. If I click 'skip scene' I get the picture back. If I look in journal it shows stills of what was happening and the girl telling story of what was happening.
I'm sure I should be seeing these scenes.
I'm playing on PC and everything is up to date.

I had exactly the same problem in this cut scene - apart from that, all seems to be running smoothly, for now. By not seeing the cut scene, I don't know how the other guests disappeared. I think I will wait for a fix for this as it could happen on all cut scenes which will spoil the progress of the game

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Feb 16, 13 4:47 AM
Black screen here as well. Too busy today to try to figure this one out. Too bad... was considering purchasing. To "buggy" for me. I'll check back in a week or so....

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 16, 13 5:55 AM
Hey, so those back out screens (twice so far) are not suppose to be happening?

The first one was when you first get to the party, the second a little bit later. Both times there was dialog with the skip button showing in the upper right corner.

I guess I will wait on this game until I get an answer.

(I did find it wierd. but thought maybe it was a programming thing since it went back into normal game play.)

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 6:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the issue and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can get to resolving the problem.

I know it can be frustrating to wait but I assure you that we do appreciate your help with these types of issues and this really is the best way of arriving at a conclusive resolution.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Feb 16, 13 6:09 AM
I can't even get any game time in at all. When I try to get into the game I get the blue screen of death and my computer turns itself off. And yes I turned off my firewall and my virus protector after the first time and it still shut my computer off.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Feb 16, 13 6:39 AM
Well I do not know where all the items I have picked up have gone, but they certainly are NOT in my Inventory. ughh

[Post New]by bonnieboo123 on Feb 16, 13 6:48 AM
I too have a black screen during cut scenes. I have only had a problem with 1 other game in about 5 years. Too bad I hope this can be resolved soon, it looks good

[Post New]by qtipnanny on Feb 16, 13 7:27 AM
Game would not even open.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 16, 13 7:57 AM
downloaded the demo and came up with trial expired. won't buy a game i can't check out.

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 16, 13 8:04 AM
I got the blank cut screen too. I think it is supposed to be that way because
SPOILER **later in the game you view a camera that has what happened during the blank cut sceen.**

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 8:05:28 AM PST

Go to: