bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Continental Cafe - Released on February 22, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 21, 09 11:00 PM
Laura's life is turned upside-down when she hits the big lottery jackpot. With her newfound fortune she decides to fulfill her dream of starting a new restaurant. But first she must travel the world solving culinary puzzles in order to learn the cooking secrets of accomplished master chefs. Once armed with this knowledge, she`s ready to start her career. The only thing Laura hasn't prepared for is a hidden rival who`ll do anything possible to ruin her shot at success!

Edited on 03/04/2009 at 9:06:30 AM PST

Re:Continental Cafe - Released on February 22, 2009

[Post New]by Suzannah_Tonks on Feb 22, 09 12:58 PM
I don't understand how the makers of this game expect it to sell. I completed the whole thing within 45 minutes using the 60 minute free trial. It seems a waste of time to make a game that only has 45 minutes of play time! Obviously I won't be buying a game that I have already managed to complete for free...

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Feb 22, 09 2:11 PM
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this game, and uninstalled it before finishing the demo. Oh well, at least I could try before buying.

[Post New]by eiramss on Feb 23, 09 12:01 AM
This game was not fun at ALL. I downloaded and installed it, with high hopes as I tend to really like cooking and food games, and it was a big disappointment. I quit after 10 minutes. I even went back and retried it a few times throughout the day, but it was sadly still a bore.

[Post New]by bluebluecow on Feb 23, 09 3:28 AM
thanks for letting me know abou the shortnes of this game, played for the demo, and got to what I presume is last level now, so wont buy it. been bitten before by short games so check out on here now

bbc

[Post New]by samforgham on Feb 23, 09 12:55 PM
Complete waste of money - felt ripped off with this game!
Save yourself time and money and skip this one

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Feb 23, 09 1:01 PM
I did not enjoy this game at all. I rarely complain about a game but I found this game frustrating and boring. Sorry

vlilly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vlilly on Mar 8, 09 1:30 PM
I agree with everyone. I can't believe I wasted my game credit on this!!! I kept thinking something good was coming. Boy, was I wrong!

[Post New]by GinaEmacs on Mar 8, 09 2:05 PM
I've played 40 of the 60 minute demo and there's NO cooking related gameplay yet. There are 5 minigames you HAVE to complete to get to whatever comes next, this includes a slide puzzle, a word game, a math strategy game using footpaths, a math grid "game" (I got this for homework when I was in school, assigned to make a grid based on numbers of points along the x and y axis), a logic game, and there's a grayed hidden objects game which I assume you get to after you complete the other 5 - STILL no recipe/cooking related stuff. I don't enjoy math as a game, especially when I expect to be playing a cooking game. By the time you get through these required minigames, your demo is expired so you never get to check out the recipe and scrapbook sections of the game.

[Post New]by sheshe1960 on Nov 7, 09 6:36 PM
Ok I feel totally ripped off! I love to cook and thought this would be a fun game..The instructions are confusing and then when you can understand them the game is lame!!! I want my game credit back!! I am so disappointed!! I expect more from BFG!

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Nov 7, 09 6:40 PM
sheshe1960 wrote:Ok I feel totally ripped off! I love to cook and thought this would be a fun game..The instructions are confusing and then when you can understand them the game is lame!!! I want my game credit back!! I am so disappointed!! I expect more from BFG!

sorry to hear you did not like the game.. But if bigfish gave back everyone game credits just because we did not like a game.. then we would not a Bf anymore

But try you luck.. contact them and see what they will do for you good luck

[Post New]by SassyTeffie on Mar 2, 11 5:45 AM
I'm adding my 2 cents to the pool...everyone above me is correct! I finished the game before my trial was over. Plus, it's nothing more than a series of mini games. I don't mind a few mini games sprinkled into the actual game, but to have that be the entire game make this a giant waste of time!

Go to: