bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Invisible Man technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 7:06 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

Re:Post any The Invisible Man technical issues here only

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 22, 13 1:06 PM
Hi bfgBaikal,
I waited until there was an update available. Was busy with other games so this is the first chance I had to play. The update did allow me to go further in the physics lab, but then I accidentally clicked on the HOS causing all the issues. From that point on the list of items were frozen in place at the bottom of my screen. I could travel around to other rooms, but all that would happen is a frame of green and lightning after I clicked so many times, I am guessing it was the click penalty. I did play the mini game of uninstall/reinstall five times. It was not much fun. I have a feeling the profile is corrupted. I will shelf this for now and maybe try at a later date. Maybe by then there will be another fix.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 22, 13 1:12 PM
Hi MrsBruce32,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into that problem after updating. In some cases, updates require you to start with a new player profile to make sure that the data from the previous save file isn't causing any compatibility problems. If that's not helping, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to take a closer look at the issue for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 22, 13 1:40 PM
Thank you for the quick response bfgSeine! I will try again tomorrow with a new profile and hopefully that fixes the issue.

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Feb 25, 13 3:39 PM
MrsBruce32 wrote:Hi bfgBaikal,
I waited until there was an update available. Was busy with other games so this is the first chance I had to play. The update did allow me to go further in the physics lab, but then I accidentally clicked on the HOS causing all the issues. From that point on the list of items were frozen in place at the bottom of my screen. I could travel around to other rooms, but all that would happen is a frame of green and lightning after I clicked so many times, I am guessing it was the click penalty. I did play the mini game of uninstall/reinstall five times. It was not much fun. I have a feeling the profile is corrupted. I will shelf this for now and maybe try at a later date. Maybe by then there will be another fix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrsBruce32....did you ever get yours fixed? B/C I am having the Same Exact Problem at the Same Exact Place in the game.
Difference is, I am so frustrated with this game already...my eyes are killing me from trying to find just about anything, my face was practically up against the screen-and I wear Glasses-lol.
So needless to say I'm not sold on the "creating a new player & starting game over" idea.
Let me know, if you would please, what ever happened for you or if you had to start over-that way I'll know just to shelve this game & take my losses.
TY MrsB & have a gamie day!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 26, 13 6:01 AM
Thanks for reporting this to us godschild1955 and MrsBruce32.

If the suggestions offered by bfgSeine don't work for you, please contact Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and offer support specific to your machine.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Feb 26, 13 4:32 PM
I'm having the same problem at the same place in the game. I get a box telling me that there is something missing but I'm not sure what it is or how to fix it. It has to be a programming error. Hopefully BFG will get this fixed as I want to finish the game

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Feb 26, 13 10:25 PM
Hi all, In order to get the updated fixed game, you have to uninstall from computer then reload from the "my account, purchase history" page. Then you have to start with whole new profile. I finished the game today but this was the only way to do so. Really glad I got it for PCC on sale.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 2:17 AM
Hi ellen941,

It definitely sounds to me like the game is a little confused as to how you have been progressing and not logging that information correctly.

Hence, my best suggestion would be to creating a new player profile, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Feb 27, 13 4:48 PM
Well I really don't want to start over. This is what is going on with my game. When I click on the hidden object area in the lab the game freezes. I than do " Ctrl, alt, delete" and bring up my control panel but I just close it. On my screen is a box with the following in the gray bar at the top

Panic.file:luaman. ccp line: 245

in the box itself is the following

[String"module ("g", package.seeall)...]:817:
object.CObjectLibImpl::preloadResources failed: object not found

I can't finish the game with out the missing file or what ever it is asking for. I hope this info helps with fixing the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 27, 13 5:25 PM
Hi ellen941,

That is definitely an unusual error message! I think it would be best if you sent that information in to our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to investigate what's going on and then will work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!!

bfgMonongahela

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Feb 28, 13 12:18 PM
I thought this was where we post that stuff?? I really don't want to have to type that all over again. Is there a way to sent the post to them? I hope

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 1, 13 3:42 AM
Hi ellen941,

I understand that it would be tedious to write all that information again but I have a suggestion that you could try instead. You can take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to the message you send to our Tech Support Team.

Just to clarify, the game technical issues thread allows us to gater information and to work with our Tech Support Team; generally people start posting on the Forum and then get in touch with the Tech Team because we need to collect as many information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups. So each of your email sent to our Tech Support Team counts.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and add it to your message.

Thank you very much!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 3:44:49 AM PST

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Mar 4, 13 10:25 AM
I could build a new computer from scratch but when it comes to the software part I have no idea what to do. How do I get a screen shot of a small box on my desk top?
Who is Dr. Felix and how do I run this software?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 4, 13 1:09 PM
Hi ellen941,

We have a great help article that goes over how to take a screenshot. You can check it out by clicking right here.

Dr. Felix is the name we give to the report that is generated by a little program that looks at how our software is running on your system. This other help article here explains that whole process. It also has a link that you can click that will start the program automatically. When it is finished, a report file will be saved to your computer's desktop. You can attach that - along with any screenshots - to your message on the Contact Us page.

Our Tech Support Team will also be happy to walk you through this whole process, so you can definitely send them a message first and then work on the Dr. Felix or screenshots with them.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Mar 5, 13 4:43 PM
I sent tech support the error massage and I ran Dr. Felix but I can't get the file to attach to an email. This is so frustrating, I tried several time and read all the instructions but it will not let me attach the file to an email.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 6, 13 9:55 AM
Thanks for your persistence and patience with this ellen941.

If you haven't done so already please be sure to contact the Tech Support Team and they'll work with you directly both on helping to correct those game issues, and with getting the Dr. Felix report, our diagnostic tool, to attach properly.

If you've already written in then a Rep will email you back shortly!

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on May 23, 13 1:00 AM
I'm at Griffin's lab and the hint keeps sending me into the biochemistry lab (the room where the mouse is). But there's nothing in there for me to do; the only thing to interact with is the mouse in the cage. If I click on the hint again, it tells me to go out into the hall, only to be told to go back into the room. Am I going to have to reinstall and start all over again? Can I just get my credit back instead?

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jun 24, 13 6:21 PM
Mac 10.6.8, hour demo: got as far as the RubeGoldbergesque experiment. Found a coin and a lens elsewhere in the room. But when I returned to the experiment setup, my inventory was empty. Couldn't retrieve it in any way. Went to exit, and screen asked whether I wanted to exit "to Windows"--well, no, since I'm on a Mac. But I did get to exit anyway, after a wait.
It's too bad this has gotten hung up. I'd really like to continue playing the game!

Go to: