bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 17, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 17, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 17, 13 1:01 AM
Played 30 minutes, casual

- Integrated SG which shows 6 chapters + bonus play. Only 2 chapters available during the demo time

- 2 modes, casual, expert

- Notebook

- Shortly after starting the game you get an interactive map which shows areas of interest

- Voice overs

- Good music, a bit loud but fits well the game

- Throughout the game you have to find 34 morphing objects

- Hint refills in 30 seconds, casual mode

- Skip button

- H0, you interact, some objects are really small

- Mini games fairly easy up to what I played

- Beautiful graphics

- Direction arrows are not always easy, especially when you try to exit a scene and it gets near your inventory

While waiting for you, your fiance opens a magic book, a succubus appears and kidnap him, up to you to rescue him. This looks like a very good game, the evil part might scare some people, still the succubus is soooo sexy
A straight buy for me.

I just wanted to add a little bit to my review now that I have finished the game. This is a grand game, a real CE, the bonus play is not just a little bit added to make it look like a CE. The bonus play is long and good. This second edition is even better than the first one, thank you devs for a beautiful game

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 1:21:43 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 17, 13 1:07 AM
Morning, all...

This game has 6 chapters plus the Bonus chapter.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is widescreen.

Your Journal is at the left. Just below the journal is the Menu button.

The HINT button is at the right. It takes 30 seconds to refill inside and out of the HOS (hidden object scenes) when playing in Casual mode.

The SG (strategy guide) is just beneath the Hint button, and stays open where you last left it open.

Your MAP is also at the right - just above the Hint button. It shows you where you are, where actions are needed, and it shows you where you can find the 34 Beyond objects.
However, if you want more of a challenge, you can declick both where actions are needed and where Beyond objects can be found on the map itself.

The HOS, which don't come one screen after another, are interactive.

Puzzles can be skipped. It takes about a minute for the SKIP button to fill in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

This is the second "Sacra Terra" game. The graphics are clear and clean, and gameplay is interesting and fun.
I very much enjoyed playing the first one (Sacra Terra: Angelic Night), and I will get this game when the SE comes out (don't buy CEs anymore, and already have 2 CEs on my list to buy in this weekend's sale). Although I really like this game, I don't like it quite enough to want to buy the CE.

PS: I haven't moved yet (will do at the end of the month), but because I started packing so early, I find myself with some time on my hand now).

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 17, 13 1:25 AM
I don't know how I feel about this game so far. On the one hand, I am having fun. On the other hand, the story is kind of weird. Your idiot boyfriend opens a book and summons a succubus who looks like a "lady of the evening." I guess succubi should look like that, but sheesh! Plus I didn't even want to rescue the guy. The whole premise of the game is entirely his fault! LoL

Pros:
- Really, really clear, beautiful graphics. Well, minus the skulls everywhere. Seriously. Everywhere. Hopefully the scenery will change throughout the game, because I'm already sick of them, as beautifully done as the game is.
- Music isn't obnoxious.
- There are morphing objects to find.
- The map allows you to jump from place to place.
- Hard mode has no sparkles, but still has hints and skips (they just take longer to fill up).

Cons:
- Puzzles aren't terribly hard or challenging (so far).
- Voiceovers aren't great. They main character sounds like she's trying (and failing) to sexy-whisper.
- The button for the map is teeny tiny!

All in all, this is a very nice looking game. I'm not sure it's CE worthy, but it's fun and since there's a sale on at the time of writing this, eh, why not!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 17, 13 1:54 AM
A nice game here that tells the story of a young lady's search for her boyfriend on the foreboding island of Sacra Terra.

The game opens with crystal clear and beautiful graphics that are presented in whatever screen resolution you choose in the option screen. And then you have a choice to use aspect correction to enhance the view a bit more. All in the option screen. Hmmm, now let's see----what would you call that?? Oh, I know, PROGRAMMING----and yet there are still those who think an adjustment needs to be made to individual computers when the black bars or "artwork on the sides" is there. A careful look at this option screen ought to put that notion to bed once and for all. And kudos to this dev team for including these choices. You know, their previous game did not have this option, yet this one does. Now that's really improving your product and responding to your fan base. (So unlike certain other devs.)

The HOS are interactive and nicely done. The interactive bits are a little different with each scene so that adds to the fun. The puzzles are interesting and different and not overly challenging at all----yet.

I thought the voiceovers were good, the music is quietly spooky, and although the story is one we've seen many times before, it is presented well and moves along at a very nice pace. And it's fun to play----and that's really the most important thing, right?

So this game is a big step up from their last one, the story is fun, beautifully presented, and with the excellent sale going on (thanks ) it's an absolute buy for me. Well done!!

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Feb 17, 13 2:11 AM
Won't repeat everything Valdy mentioned. Just a couple of more details: Sound/Volume levels are adjustable. No Sparkles on Expert. Exc. VO. 34 'Beyond' Morphs. 3D Graphics.
Just 2 days ago I wrote a positive review for Enchantia Wrath of the Phoenix Queen because I was so excited to see alot of new visual, sound and story things that I hadn't seen in any previous game that I played. I'm still in the middle of it.

This is more of an observation than a review for Kiss of Death.
We're back to the blue-turquoise-aqua glowing ghosts and another fiance (male) is whisked away for us to find, because the bozo opened a book. I just played 2 games w. same storyline with blue haze swirling around and glowing turquoise eyes: Living Legends: Ice Rose CE and another CE before that (forgot the title already).....and the desktop icon looks soclosetotheIceRoseheart.

Just a couple of days ago Enchantia came out....I thought the flames and fire coming from the Phoenix Queen's hands and body was done very well and was really (still do) enjoying the new effect and different story.......
Looks like there's a new trend on the horizon.... dressing the female characters in fire and flames. LOL
Do game devs employ 'mystery employees" or use hidden spy cameras w. sound to see what the competition is up to and if it's something new, "let's use it, too?!?!?!!?"
The music is really interesting in a good way for Sacra II. Have to play a little more of the demo .., ......not feeling the excitement of having to have this one right now, but then again there's a sale going on this weekend.

edit:spelling
Update: Bought the game during the sale. Was pretty disgruntled about 2 other games/was really enjoying Enchantia and later decided I needed an easy game to play following Enchantia.

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 6:04:30 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 17, 13 2:15 AM
This game is a definite 10/10. The voiceovers are done beautifully and the game mechanics run smooth as silk. This game was a straight buy for me.

Story: You start off having a nice dinner with your boyfriend who is about to propose when the phone rings and ruins that moment. Whilst she is on the phone, Mark gets curious about this book and starts reading it saying the magic words are fake. So he reads them and the next thing they see is the demon lady appear and whisks Mark off to Sacra Terra Island. And so the story goes.

Graphics: Gorgeous. The awesome art team does it again.

Music: These guys have one of the best music team. I always love their music on all their games they put out. Fits the game beautifully.

Mini games: I only played one so far, and yes it was easy, I can't say about the ones yet to come.

Hint System: I haven't used it yet. But going by this team's hint system in the past, it always takes you where you need to go, and tells you what to do.

The map is awesome too. I love when it tells you the objective cause that way I go on my own and use the guide if I absolutely get stuck.

Kudos to this team for a game extremely well done!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 17, 13 3:40 AM
I probably will be the most unpopular reviewer here by saying that I personally think the game is just good, not great, and definitely not worth a CE price tag and I for one will wait for the SE

A story that is way too familiar: Girl loses fiance, girl goes after fiance, girl battles with supernatural forces and rescues fiance. We have seen this so many times, why bother with it again?

I agree that the graphics are good, not outstanding but clear with 3D annimations that give the game a slightly dated look.

Game features a map that does allow you to travel, a journal and yes, there are morphing objects which were just too easy to spot.

I suppose I still yearn for games that have that WOW factor, games that offered you not only great storylines but game mechanics that had you glued to the computor for hours and sometimes even days. Sacra Terra , while still relatively a good game, it is unfortuantely highly FORGETABLE. I would rather go back and play my favorite oldies than spend double the money on this one. I forone cannot just say BUY this when I know that there are SE games that were way more interesting and fun to play. Seriously, I use to drool over the MCF games and so wish developers could up the ante a bit and do away with cookie cutter games thatall look so familiar, that sometimes, when I play them, I feel that I have played them before.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 17, 13 4:14 AM
I agree with you Nilosh. Not only are there the same old tasks but they are being done in a similar order. Again there's ivy needing cutting This is a beautiful looking game but all too familiar for me. Maybe as a DD.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Feb 17, 13 4:34 AM

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 3:09:45 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 17, 13 5:54 AM
Good morning everyone Wouldn't you know it girlfriend cooks romantic dinner for boyfriend out on the terrace and steps away for less than one minute and the boyfriend turns a romantic dinner into a feast with a she beast ! I knew this dude was trouble from the get go, first because you never ever pick up a book and start spitting out spells if you don't know what your doing nope not a good idea because nine times out of ten your gonna conjure up something you have no business messing with just leave it alone but noooooooo not Romeo here he goes conjuring the she beast. First of all if I had been the girlfriend and saw what he done I'd tell him sorry babe your on your own with this one because clearly your not gonna have a good future with a man like this. Second he reminded me of a guy I use to date and guess what happened no he didn't conjure a she beast but I did kick him to the curb ! So to all you single ladies out there take a little advice from somebody who has been there done that if you have a boyfriend that randomly picks up books and starts spatting out spells kick him to the curb or else he is gonna make your life a living hell !

Nice game here I really like the graphics except for the characters the realistic look of the characters just never work well for me but it doesn't mean I don't like or will play the game because I will that I can overlook. Overall the graphics are nicely done. The story works well and flows well. The game is really cool so far the puzzles have been good nothing really hard or frustrating that works for me I'm not big on puzzles anyway but I do like to be able to do them without pulling out my hair.

The hos are interactive and as some things disappear off the list another will pop up on the list. The voice overs are done very well even the she beast she's not over the top in fact she's very believable I like that and you know this woman means business. So far I'm really enjoying the game although the past few games I've gotten from this developer have not been up to par this one seems to be on track and flowing really good no tech issues no sticky cursor no lagging between scenes.

You are able to travel by the map and it even shows you if the area your in has morphing objects pretty cool touch there. This was a buy for me so give the demo a try it's worth it. Thank you developers for wickedly cool game and thank you Big Fish ! Have fun everybody !

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 17, 13 6:09 AM
Sorry but I found this game dull and uninspiring; endless locked doors, gloomy surroundings, same old tasks (and even though you have something suitable in your inventory you can't use it), silly story (when your man is just about to propose he decides to read a book?), cluttered and dark HOS and the puzzles I came across were easy.

Having played Enchantia for most of yesterday evening, this game pales by comparison. There was nothing about it that said 'buy me'. I might get the SE but I certainly don't think this is CE-worthy.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 17, 13 9:06 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

Gameplay was really smooth.

Graphics very clear and bright.

Puzzles okay - nothing I haven't seen before but played in full screen and bright so made them a joy to play.

HO scenes - find by word list - interactive.

Map - yes, transportable and shows active areas.

Tasks - no.

Any hidden extras i.e. morphing - Yes.

Achievements - no.

Voiceovers - very very well done.

Inventory - doesn't lock in place.

Journal - yes.

Can't comment on hint or skip times as I don't use them.

My verdict - a buy for me.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 17, 13 10:14 AM
This second game in the Sacra Terra series is even better than the first. It seems that in the past two years games have just become better with so many of the advanced techniques that are now available to game developers.

Although this game is right up my alley and I love it, I would suggest that parents play the game first to see if the content is suitable for their teens/children. The story theme deals with good vs. evil and it looks like some rituals may be involved. That being said, this game is really good. We have a young woman who is out to rescue her fiancé soon after he is captured by a beautiful succubus.

There is a helpful map included and we are challenged to find 33 morphing objects throughout the game. Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death has excellent graphics and we can choose the screen size/resolution. On my laptop when the game opened it automatically almost filled my screen. When I ticked the widescreen button in options, the game then filled the entire screen. Sacra Terra runs very smoothly for me with no sluggish cursors or long scene-change delays. Along with excellent graphics we are given very credible voice overs that IMHO can either make or break a game. Another thing I like about this game is that even in casual mode, there does not seem to be an overabundance of sparkles.

The game has a mix of adventure, IHOS and puzzles. The puzzles are good and not too easy but also not frustratingly difficult. In the IHOS some items that are marked as available are slightly hidden but no interaction is required to complete the objects. It took me a few minutes in my first IHOS to catch on. Very cleverly done!

I’ve not yet finished the game but did purchase it. Because of the story and early game play, I have no doubt that this will be a great game that will hold my attention until the very end. I like this developer’s games and I don’t think they have ever presented a game I didn’t like or love. This game promises to live up to the standard that I have come to expect from the “A” team.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 17, 13 11:13 AM
i bought this game the other day from the developers site and was really pleased with it until my computer fans ( video and heat sink) failed. Wow! So, Now I'm on my husbands laptop and playing the game with fingers crossed.
What a different experience it is on a lap top. How the heck do you all see the hidden objects? There is also that weird loss of colour if I lean left or right...I was really spoiled.
But the game, beautifull graphic arts. Lots of drama with wind and fire ( no earth).
I agree that the intended sure didn't waste anytime from proposing to heading for a book with just a phone call. Must have ADD.
Whatever, this game really is a goood one, not worth paying full cost like I did ( yes, I'm an idiot sometimes), but BFG prices, sure.
I'm in the bonus section now..so for me its lengthy, a wee redundant in plot line, butgood fun on a cold, wintry day as it is here in Maine.
kris

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 17, 13 12:46 PM
This is a good game, in all respects. Graphics, gameplay, HO scenes and puzzles. Music is good too and not repitious enough to be annoying. So far, the puzzles are enjoyable, not too hard and the hidden object scenes are interesting and interactive.

But I have not purchased a CE in a while and not sure if I want to buy two now. Still, this is a very good sale and I am tempted. I just promised myself not to buy but two CE's a month as I am watching my hard earned money depleted enough by the economy.

All said, it is a game worth buying.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 17, 13 1:13 PM
I really liked this game. I like the developer too, think it's the same one "The Lake House Children of Silence. Like the graphics and the map you can click on to where you need to go. Hints reload fast and HOG's and puzzles are fun too. How can you go wrong when it's buy one get one free.. Give this 4 out of 5 stars.. Just wanted to add.. the bonus is very long.. and I enjoyed the game, even if I really don't like demons..

Edited on 02/20/2013 at 3:14:29 PM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 17, 13 1:35 PM
This review is based on the full one-hour trial period.

PROS:
1. Well drawn, many scenes, good sound effects, not much music.
2. Mini-games are not too difficult.
3. Morphing objects to collect.
4. Interactive map with active areas, jump to scene.
5. Hidden object scenes are interactive.

CONS:
1. Opening scene begins with the wrong perspective. Based on the cutscene, the woman should have been inside, not on the patio.
2. There are a large number of times that objects are used strangely. For example you use a (spoiler alert) machete to clear cobwebs.
3. I have never seen sparkles so overdone in any other game. It appears to be a mini-snowstorm at times (and normally I don't mind them).
4. Like Enchantia, the storyline appeals more to the XX population, not so muchfor the guys. I thought it kind of silly. The "succubus" was a little over-the-top.
5. I did not play the first Sacra Terra, so I have no idea why she has a spell book lying around.

Still seems like a good game. Too bad there were so many hiccups, it could have been a lot better.

Three stars out of five

Edited on 02/17/2013 at 1:35:34 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 17, 13 4:12 PM
I agree with Twinsonicrab

She made it pretty clear what she wanted the guy for! Maybe this game needs a "not for kids" rating!

To the me the games are getting more bizarre on this site . We had a game recently which stated it was not for children and I feel this one should be rated the same. I am not certain about engagements in Europe, but in the US this ring would not be an engagement ring but a wedding ring. Also, who leaves a spellbook on the couch so your boyfriend can read it? To most men this would be a real deal breaker. Unless the guy is into the occult, most men would think this very creepy in my neck of the world. Very strange game. I must admit, however, the graphics are very clear and crisp. Do to an excessive workload, I will probably pass on this one and wait until it comes out on SE. Hoping to see BF locate better games in the future.

Go to: