bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 18, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 18, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 13 12:56 AM
Wow, what a lovely and fun game.

Gameplay is similar to Royal Envoy play, instead of building houses/collect rent, you have to manage production, for example- wheat to flour, flour to pies which you sell at the market.
Your goal is to collect artifacts along the way.

There is a timer but you can play after it runs out, you just don't get a throne room upgrade if you run out of time.

Graphics bright and cheery, great game for TM/Building Strategy players.

Look forward to seeing what else is ahead

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 1:07:54 AM PST

[Post New]by gentlegranny on Feb 18, 13 1:24 AM
I normally strongly dislike time management games but this one is fun and sweet. Except... there are no instructions! I am truly in the dark with most of the game so far. Can't get off second level ie. I have no idea how to get the windmill. I will soldier on as I hope the rest of the game becomes easier to understand, The game just makes me smile and we need more of that in our world, indeed.
Bright cartoon graphics with nice colors. Certainly not sophisticated but fun.. A definite buy. Most of the grandkiddos from 5 to 27 will like it.

Grins to you all on this beautiful Presidents Day!

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Feb 18, 13 4:08 AM
I just started and through the toutorial levels (1-8). Looks so much like Royal Envoy. Thank goodness for a new TM Building game, finally. Appears to be a good game so far.

[Post New]by Lenchik_V on Feb 18, 13 4:45 AM
I really liked the game overall - It was fun and I LOVED the donkeys building things and waiting for you to finish with them while wagging their tales - LOL - Very cute and it's definitaly buy for me!!! I also liked that I could still play each level if the one before was not gold. Thank you so much for this GREAT game!

NatalyWho
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by NatalyWho on Feb 18, 13 5:01 AM
I love this game - I'm guessing you are the same developers as Royal Envoy??? Reminded me a little of that game crossed with a little Farm Frenzy where you are making and processing products.
There is replay value in replaying levels to improve your score or to get all golds but still wish there were more levels or bonus levels!! I'm LOVING this game! Thank you for a great game! This is an immediate "buy" for me!!

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

[Post New]by ebec on Feb 18, 13 5:57 AM
Finally - a new builder - AND - one that allows you to continue w/o gold!! I'll tell you, some of these developers are listening and responding!! How wonderfully refreshing is that? You guys keep 'em coming and I will be very happy to line your pockets. I did not even bother with the trial on this game - simply bought it, downloaded, and am loving it! Once again THANK YOU DEVELOPERS!!!!!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 18, 13 6:08 AM
Well this is a nice President's Day. I got 70+ dollars worth of games for 30+ thank you for the buy one get one free BF. Plus finally a new TM worth playing through from beginning to end. I didn't want to stop.

This is an adorable little game the makers of Royal Envoy had to have been involved with somehow. I made it through 8 levels in the allotted trial period. No problems getting the little sunshine at all. I am not a click frenzy person in the least. I would suggest that levels 6 through 8 you follow the tutorial, then restart the level and skip the tutorial it was tight there a couple of times and I definitely had to follow my own advice on level 8. You don't have to double click on everything. One click you're done, other than once you're done selling at the market you have to click on the money and wood you make from the sawmill. I really, really like that! The workers and donkeys don't cost an arm and a leg...it's just a really cute game you can relax and enjoy. If you don't make the sunshine you don't make the sunshine no big deal, you're just prettying up the throne room mostly with new coats of paint or wallpaper. If you just have to have that upgrade you can go back and do it again, but you can still continue on after the timer and in the game...I'd say if you really enjoyed Royal Envoy, My Kingdom for the Princess or any of those type of games give it a try.

One thing I did have it closed the Game Manager before it started the game which surprised me.

Edit to add: Don't forget to upgrade your castles to a stronghold after level 8 you'll need those extra donkeys and workers you can get with it.

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 6:26:00 AM PST

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Feb 18, 13 6:33 AM
So excited - I did the beta on this and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival - here is my review from the beta test:

"Just did a beta on Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess. I LOVE this game - played fine for me, loved the graphics and sound. Reminded me a little of Royal Envoy in appearance but was also a liitle farm frenzyish in that you make and sell products (IE wheat farm gives you wheat, you turn it into flour, then turn flour into pie crust.) The more produced the items, the more money you make when you sell it. In order to do that you have to build a wheat farm, mill and bakery to make the goods, then a market to sell them. Goals were very clear, first few levels were fairly easy but by the time I got to the end of the test (level 10) it was getting harder to get gold. You can continue after gold time, you just don't get the reward of decorating your throne room. I can see good replayability - as well as redoing levels for gold, it also shows your best time so you can replay to improve that. GREAT game - can't wait to buy it, wonder how long it will take to release. Hope they add bonus levels and release it as a collector's edition - I would buy it as soon as it was released!!

Also, for levels where you need wood you have to build a sawmill - some people were confused about that. I had no problems with this game at all - found the tutorial very clear and helpful and you can turn it off each level - found that useful some levels when doing things in the tutuorial order did not suit my strategy for the level BUT I always read them the first time so I don't miss anything I need to know."

Have just purchased and it's downloaing now....what a nice treat for a dreary Monday morning!

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 8:29 AM
I love building type games where you can advance to the next level without getting gold.
this game was a lot of fun. Everything in this game is great. It is addictive and hard to stop playing. If you are a fan of Time Management games, you should definitely try this one.

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 8:33:41 AM PST

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Feb 18, 13 11:24 AM
I also beta tested this game and thought it was a lovely game. As others have mentioned it is quite similiar to Royal Envoy series,you build,sell/exchange, and negotiate to improve the different towns. As mentioned, you can go for the gold or go at a more 'relaxed' pace. Great to see there is a choice. The bright and cheerful graphics are fun and quite humorous too.
The story is helping out of a Princess, not too original some may say but fine by me, it's in keeping with the general 'fun' feel of the game. I'd recommend anyone who is interested in a builder/Strategy game to try this out. I've been waiting since beta testing it so it's a buy for me. Happy to see this lovely game on a grey and dreary monday.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 18, 13 1:12 PM
I was surprised to get an invite to beta this game since I play mostly HOGs, and don't care much for the frenzied pace of TM and Building games. This game was lovely and fun to play. I would have used a PCC for this game, but I am going to find another SE game so I can take advantage of the BOGO sale.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 18, 13 1:32 PM
Good afternoon everyone Give it up builders we got a SWEET builder here so break out the hammer and nails pack your lunch and grab your hard hat's, tell hubby not to look for you until he see's the whites of your eye's and Mickey D's and Burger King are cooking dinner tonight cause we got some building to do can I get a Amen! This one is gonna be fun and they definitely got the name dead on because it is so SWEEEEEEET ! ! I am loving this one and what a cute twist on the building. I think I may have played one level of the demo before I hit the buy button. There was no way I was gonna let this slide by.

If you like Royal Envoy your gonna love this one. It's set up the same way that Envoy is only instead of workers doing the running, clearing, building and negotiating it's Donkey's how cute is that but that's not all you do have regular workers they run around and collect rent which isn't money it's wheat, flour, pie and bread crust now how's that for a cute and yummy twist. All the buildings you build except for the sawmill produce food products instead of money but you do have the markets that you take those products to to get gold to spend for stuff.

Also with this one your trying to free the princess who has been turned to stone and as long as you finish your goals before night fall you can repair some of the throne room and there are artifacts you have to collect to help free the princess from the stone. Don't worry if you don't complete the level before night fall you can go back and replay it. You don't get the three stars like most of the other builders with this one it's repairing the throne room. To me the timer is very generous it's not a fast timer like some I've seen and as long as you finish before night fall your good to go.

The graphics are adorable the buildings are so cute and the bakery's look like gingerbread house's and the donkey's are too cute. I can tell this one is gonna be fun because I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from it the more I play the more I like and the cuter it gets. You have the villain's to deal with trolls and goblins you have to make deals with them to pass to certain areas. This is a new developer to me and let me tell you if this is their first game they have done a bang up awesome job so kudo's to you dev's and I look forward to more games from you. Give the demo a try it's most definitely worth it. Thank you dev's and Big Fish ! Have fun everybody !

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Feb 19, 13 4:57 AM
This is kinda of mish-mash a la Royal Envoy, Pyramid Rising. Its just as fun and 1hr trial just flew off and I was still hooked to it! Similar to Royal Envoy, there are a few tasks u need to complete. Similar to Pyramid rising, instead of tax collectors or self-collected (in RE 2), u have donkeys (Pyramid rising, u got elephants, crocs to help u)

Cute characters, good graphics, ok tasks to complete in Gold medal time

RECOMMENDED to buy

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 19, 13 4:59 AM
i of course bought it,,,very good game,,and a complete surprise...love the donkeys, can continue after timer, no clue how many levels yet,,,,its playing flawlessly, as long as you medal (which i have missed on a few), you still get to improve the throne room...like that touch, that it doesnt have to be gold..very solid builder...

trish999
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trish999 on Feb 19, 13 9:10 AM
This is one of those games where you lose a lot of sleep because you keep saying just one more level and then I am going to bed.

It is very addicting and fun to play. The levels get harder down the line but not impossible to beat. I had to play a few of the levels more than once to stragegize and get done before nightfall. Trying hard to get the princess out of that stone spell she is in.

If you love time managment games, I would definitely recommend this one.

Have fun!!!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 19, 13 1:15 PM

Sweet fun!

Sold!

Angel

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 20, 13 1:35 PM
I wish there was a walkthrough for this game. There are levels I just can't get through before the sun goes down. Like Royal Envoy 2 there must be tricks that my poor feeble brain is unable to figure out.

HobGoblin2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by HobGoblin2 on Feb 20, 13 1:53 PM
mtvoyager just use this forum or youtube.

Go to: