Can I download the song, Once Upon a Midnight Dreary sung by the Organ Grinder somehow?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Feb 18, 13 12:57 PM
Is there anywhere I can download the Once Upon a Midnight Dreary song with the organ grinder singing it, like he does at the Menu Screen?

It is so sad, eerie and beautiful at the same time. I went into the Music hoping it would be in there, but it was all just music and that song wasnt even in there anyway.

I would love to be able to download this to listen to anytime, instead of having to load the game up at the Menu Screen and listen to the whole thing. I wish I could put it on my laptop and MP3 player so I can do other things on my computer while I listen to it, instead of having to have my game loaded and on the Menu Screen to hear it.

Anyone know if I can somehow download this version? Not just the song by someone else but the version that is on this game, sung by the Organ Grinder.

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 10:40:05 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

Re:Can I download the song, Once Upon a Midnight Dreary sung by the Organ Grinder somehow?

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 22, 13 7:42 AM
you need tro find the artist, then look it up..............

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Can I download the song, Once Upon a Midnight Dreary sung by the Organ Grinder somehow?

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 23, 13 4:54 AM
Hi dylansmom1979,

I just wanted to swim in on this to help if I can.

This game was developed by Elephant games and so contacting them is one route you can take.

Another tip is to have a look at the game credits, as these will list those responsible for providing the soundtrack and you could contact those folks as well to see what they can do for you.

I hope this helps - good luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 4:55:41 AM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Mar 1, 13 9:27 PM
Does anyone know the name of the voice actor of The Organ Grinder?

[Post New]by StillConfused on Mar 24, 13 10:51 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:Does anyone know the name of the voice actor of The Organ Grinder?

Dylansmom1979-I just completed this game (great game by the way) and noted these names. Voice of the organ grinder is Tim Simmons. Music: Vadim Kaipov.
Hope this information helps.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Apr 17, 13 8:02 AM
Just FYI - that's not a song, it's a poem (a song is sung; the organ grinder merely recites the poem to background music).

And the *poem* isn't tltled "Once Upon a Midnight Dreary" - it's "The Raven", by Edgar Allen Poe; published in the 1840s and one of the most famous poems of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raven

Edited on 04/17/2013 at 8:04:34 AM PST

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

Re:Can I download the song, Once Upon a Midnight Dreary sung by the Organ Grinder somehow

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Apr 17, 13 8:07 AM
Oh, and a PS: I'm from Baltimore, where Poe lived, and our football team is named after the poem. :-)

Re:Can I download the song, Once Upon a Midnight Dreary sung by the Organ Grinder somehow

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 13, 13 11:01 AM
sionnach_dhu wrote:Just FYI - that's not a song, it's a poem (a song is sung; the organ grinder merely recites the poem to background music).

And the *poem* isn't tltled "Once Upon a Midnight Dreary" - it's "The Raven", by Edgar Allen Poe; published in the 1840s and one of the most famous poems of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raven

I know its a poem, but since it is put to music, its done more like a song in the game. Thats why I said song cause I want a download, MP3 or some way to listen to the poem in the song form that is in the game.

bur2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bur2000 on Aug 1, 13 5:20 AM
You can just have the game play it and then record it at the same time.

To do that you need software that is able to record sound, for example Audacity (free, just google for download).

Then you need to enable recording "what you hear". Microsoft was so kind to disable it so that none of us evil users might record copyrighted work... Anyway, go to Control Panel -> Sound. There right-click and check "show diabled/disconnected devices".

An item Stereomix should pop up. Right-click it and chose "activate". It should have a little green checkmark now.

Now start the game in windowed mode, open Audacity and press the Record button. If all went well you should be recording the song. Afterwards, save as MP3 and you're done.

If you encounter some problems, just ask, I'm using german language Windows so I'm not sure I translated everything properly.

Go to: