UNWELL MEL ??

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

UNWELL MEL ??

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Feb 22, 09 6:51 AM
What's with putting out a "Community Game" as a new game ??
Booorrrrring !!

What's with Word Whomp ??
This has been out in Pogo games for ages !

Continental Cafe is awful to put it mildly.

Pretty poor new game choices all around lately. They are either old, boring, kids games or just plain bad. Have loved this site but am wondering what is going on - has it changed it's commitment to great gaming ? Let's hope next weeks choices are much better.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

Re:UNWELL MEL ??

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Feb 22, 09 7:12 AM
To each their own. I love Unwell Mel. BFG can not get games as soon as they are released if another company has an exclusive. If you are not happy with the choices wait another day. They offer 365 new games a year. If you can find a better deal than that, along with the price, elsewhere, go for it. I for one will continue to stay here where I know my games are virus free and I am given a huge variety to choose from.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 22, 09 7:56 AM
Brilliant game love it

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Feb 22, 09 7:59 AM
Yes, it is a game community game...but soooo much better in large screen
I hope they make the new Dianna whatever fortune hunter into one..I love t and would buy it in an instant!
Then again...I have old eyes and bad hands..LOL

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 22, 09 8:19 AM
The download rules are slightly different, and best of all there's an UNTIMED option! Before I gave up on online Unwell Mel entirely, I was just playing the Daily Dose, because it was untimed.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Feb 22, 09 8:56 AM
The new Word Whomp download is not the same as the standard Word Whomp or Word Whomp Whackdown. It is a totally new game. It has 6 locations, bonus game, drill puzzles, and other extras. Since I love word games...and Word Whomp is one of my favorites, I'll be downloading the demo to give it a trial. Happy Gaming everyone.

talkgirl7
Salmon
Salmon
2,541 Posts

[Post New]by talkgirl7 on Feb 22, 09 9:20 AM
i love unwell mel i used my game credit on it lol...and once i beat it i will play it over again lol

rainroosty
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rainroosty on Feb 22, 09 9:50 AM
We used a game credit to buy Unwell Mel. It is absolutely superb and we love it just as much (or more) than Fishdom.
Now I'm going to download the new Word Whomp and buy it, too.
These games are a wonderful surprise for us and we are thrilled to see them this week since we don't care for hidden object games.
Thankyou (!!!) BigFish for these games!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 22, 09 12:52 PM
lordkalvan wrote:The download rules are slightly different, and best of all there's an UNTIMED option! Before I gave up on online Unwell Mel entirely, I was just playing the Daily Dose, because it was untimed.

I agree with lordkalvan!

I LOVE this game....Just got out of the hospital SOOOOOO I love it even better.

PEN

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 22, 09 12:53 PM
OH I forgot to ask.....................

How to you find the other games the write up talks about? OR AM I reading wrong?

PEN

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Feb 22, 09 1:18 PM
I love Unwell Mel. I played all day yesterday. Much more fun than the online game.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Feb 22, 09 1:22 PM
More fun then online, ok...
But not much more!

It´s still boring for me.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 22, 09 2:19 PM
Hi all,

I know that this thread is partially in regards to the most recent set of downloadable games that have been released, but since this is discussion is primarily about the new downloadable version of Unwell Mel I'm going to go ahead and move this one to the official Unwell Mel forum.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 22, 09 10:51 PM
I like unwell mel! I find the idea of making this nasty sick person healed a good source of entertainment, I say

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Feb 23, 09 12:35 AM
Unwell Mel in the game community and Unwell Mel that you can buy are not the same. I bought the game and am loving it and had stopped playing match 3 a long time ago excepting daily dose on the game community UM. The downloadable version is much more challenging. Been playing since it came out and haven't finished yet. LOVE IT!

[Post New]by the1queenofmean on Feb 23, 09 5:22 PM
I thought I was going to go nutso waiting for it to be a download! I was lucky enough to Beta test it.. and then it seemed forever before it got released. I've finished the online game a couple of times and had to start over...... so glad this is out!

dashlee
Marlin
Marlin
8,770 Posts

[Post New]by dashlee on Feb 23, 09 10:28 PM
the game itself is not hard ,,i like mel [typical male hypocondriac],,probably spelt wrong.but you know what i mean

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 23, 09 10:36 PM
I really appreciate the untimed mode. most of the time I don't pay much attention to the score at the end, but I've noticed several of them where I had 0 seconds left. It also helps my nerves a lot knowing that if enough of those green bugs explode, eventually they will stop spawning and I can clean up after them. I think it was the green bugs that caused me to stop playing online unwell mel, even on the daily dose.

tedddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tedddy on Mar 14, 09 4:47 AM
I've just finished it..and I LOVE this game

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Mar 26, 09 9:22 PM
rainroosty wrote: We used a game credit to buy Unwell Mel. It is absolutely superb and we love it just as much (or more) than Fishdom.

Ohhh! Im so jealous of you! I LOVE and am extremely addicted to FISHDOM! However, I can only play it when I visit mom because it's a PC game only and Im on a MAC at home. Is there any hope (and how do you do it) in convincing someone/anyone to turn Fishdom into a MAC version too??? Im DLing Unwell Mel right now just for kicks since it is the latest Mac game to come out. But, I know I would rather have FISHDOM to buy... for my MAC!!!

Anyone know how to get the right persons' attention to ask them if they will put a PC only game into MAC format?

Thanks and happy gaming!

Go to: