big44
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Costume Chaos

[Post New]by big44 on Feb 22, 09 8:41 AM
I purchased this game yesterday and am having a lot of problems with it. It keeps freezing up to the point I can't play it anymore. Iunstalled and then re-installed it but it's the same. Too bad, I really like this game. Anyone else having this problem?

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Costume Chaos

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Feb 22, 09 8:31 PM
Yes i am it freezes sometimes as I play that I have to bang on the right mouse button to get it to move....Its slow and nobody say its my computer I never have problem with games from Big fish the only two I have is this and at one point DQ Tycoon when that first came out.Now dq tycoon is fine and works but Costume Chaos is sometimes slower than a damn snaiI

I don't wanna uninstall it I am already up to dubai and I don't wanna start all over so hopefully BFG fixes this problem.

Edited on 02/22/2009 at 8:33:45 PM PST

[Post New]by oskiemommabear on Feb 25, 09 3:52 PM
I really enjoy this game also, but besides going slow, I get a blue screen restart. I can't get through 2 levels without it happening. I have several games from big fish and this is the only one that this happens on. Can anyone help? I feel like I've wasted my money. It's a shame too, cuz it's really fun.

[Post New]by beskrajnost on Feb 26, 09 6:42 PM
me to
too bad it's so

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Feb 26, 09 7:14 PM
I hear you all....They keep saying it could be my computer....But if they come to this forum they will see that there are 4 other people talking about this same problem....I doubt its all our computers...I still think its the game.

[Post New]by Oreogeekgirl on Feb 28, 09 11:35 AM
Well at least you all are getting it to open for you. I get this error message:

" Executable path is not writable. If you launched directly from the CD please run the installer to install the application."

I've never seen this before with any of the games I've got and there's quite a few. I've done a defrag on the computer, ran a disc clean up and now I'm running a scan. I can't imagine what could be causing this issue, but if anything helps I'll let you know.

Oreo

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 28, 09 12:13 PM
I hope you'll all notify customer service since it sounds like such a good game!

[Post New]by Oreogeekgirl on Feb 28, 09 3:38 PM
I have, and I'll let everyone know what they say when I get a reply.

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 3:39:15 PM PST

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Mar 1, 09 10:15 AM
I emailed cutomer service and they insisted and insisted it was my computer....I got an email back today from somebody who does not insist its my computer telling me the problem was resolved....It still a bit slow but not as bad as it was I can play now....It was so bad prior to today I stopped playing it it was freezing my computer bad.....I am up to The Caribbean board now there is two more after and I will be done with the game...

It is a fun game when it works right.........

Tinker44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Tinker44 on Mar 4, 09 3:09 PM
I am quite enjoying this game... even though I actually bought it for my 8yo!! Runs just fine, plays just fine, and its something we can actually work on together. I LOVE the fact that it has a child-version so the TM part of the game can be shut off and my kid can just enjoy herself and the costumes!

jieqi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jieqi on Mar 7, 09 9:08 AM
i just completed the trial version and found this game fun and interesting.
Just wondering how many levels there are in total, to help me decide if its worth buying.

Melissa1978_01
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Melissa1978_01 on Mar 9, 09 11:51 AM
jieqi wrote:i just completed the trial version and found this game fun and interesting.
Just wondering how many levels there are in total, to help me decide if its worth buying.

The game has 9 cities to play.

Edited on 03/09/2009 at 11:52:29 AM PST

[Post New]by hobbky2 on Mar 23, 09 11:18 PM
I love Costume Chaos and have not experienced any problems installing or playing this addictively fun game. I just wish the developers made each day longer so you could make more money quicker. Once you get all your upgrades, the game is almost over. Such potential for future versions!

I can relate to others that have had problems downloading or playing a game, as this has also happened to me. My gaming experience has been better since I have taken these steps after I finish playing for a long period of time:

1. Do a Disk Cleanup. My settings are set up to remove Temporary internet files. I am always surprised at how large this file is after I've played my games for a long time. I do this when I'm through playing for the day, every day.
2. When my computer runs slow, I defragment.
3. My computer is set to automatically install any/all updates which keeps your Direct X the most up to date version available.
4. Do a virus scan with whatever security program you have EVERY DAY. I had a virus on my computer recently that came in through spyware which really interferred with the performance of my games. I went through serious Big Fish withdrawals before I finally fixed it!
5. Clean up your computer. Look at your programs. Do you use all of them? If not get rid of the ones you don't use, but BE CAREFUL. DON'T REMOVE SOMETHING THAT IS PART OF YOUR COMPUTER'S OPERATING SYSTEM. When in doubt, do without!
6. Gremlins........sometimes the only answer.

rawbiesgrl
Marlin
Marlin
8,929 Posts

[Post New]by rawbiesgrl on Apr 3, 09 10:07 PM
I've never had the problem, you ought to contact customer support, or BGF's tech support.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 7, 10 8:40 PM
Tinker44 wrote:I am quite enjoying this game... even though I actually bought it for my 8yo!! Runs just fine, plays just fine, and its something we can actually work on together. I LOVE the fact that it has a child-version so the TM part of the game can be shut off and my kid can just enjoy herself and the costumes!
Actually, time management is NOT turned off, it's just set so that while you don't have to beat the clock in order to reach the next level, you DO get a score, and it DOES affect the upgrades you can buy.

So I found the Kids Mode plenty challenging for me.

[Post New]by Sweetie2007 on Oct 28, 11 7:58 PM
I just played the whole game today, and I noticed that the dummies you dress up in the window display will not match up to what your customers bought at the end of the day- I think its a glitch with the game. Your supposed to get bonuses if the items in your display were purchased by those customers. At the end of your level, you will get credit but the bonus items do not match up to your decorated dummies. I even went back and made sure I got gold on all my levels; however when you go back NONE of your bonus items will get counted at the end of that day.

Go to: