bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 21, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Torpedo1 on Feb 21, 13 10:38 AM
Hi

I just played the full 60 minutes of the demo. I have not seen anyone else post yet why the map does not show where activity is. There in the bottom left hand corner of the map it show what Icons to look for and then the maps photos never display the activity icon. The hint button was more help. Then also the city sign and another area gave a noise along with ghost faces which was a little confusing, but then found I was suppose to use the book on it??? But when I tried to use the book it would not open at all. The book was just part of my structure near my menu button and I never could get it to open up to be used. What was I missing??

Thank you.

TorpedoLynn

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 22, 13 2:19 PM
The polaroid photos on the map will be in color if you have something to do in that area. I'm not sure about the ghostly faces, I haven't figured that out myself.

ETA: Turns out the ghostly faces just mark locations that are not currently active, but will be in the future. While the ghostly faces are there, there is nothing you can do - no book will work. Just wait, they'll become active later.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 9:18:03 PM PST

pru58
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by pru58 on Feb 24, 13 5:54 PM
How do you use the numbers on the cash register ?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 25, 13 1:37 AM
pru58 wrote:How do you use the numbers on the cash register ?
Count the number of rows and columns. If, for example, it says red 4, blue 5, count down to the 4th row and then across to the 5th column. Then click on the square that's on the intersection of that row and column.

[Post New]by Heglan on Mar 5, 13 9:25 PM
Why can't I pick up the lipstick in the hidden object game in the side room of the souvenir shop? I've tried with the barber in all positions but I click and click and I can't get it....I need that lipstick!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 6, 13 5:29 PM
Heglan wrote:Why can't I pick up the lipstick in the hidden object game in the side room of the souvenir shop? I've tried with the barber in all positions but I click and click and I can't get it....I need that lipstick!!!

Hi Heglan! Welcome to the forum!! Check the thread "can't get lipstick", or you can just copy and paste it's URL:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/239117.page

[Post New]by Heglan on Mar 9, 13 5:14 AM
Thanks WilJul! Cool. Good to know I'm not alone on this one.

s_sgs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Jump Map & Picking up items in HOS

[Post New]by s_sgs on Mar 9, 13 8:38 AM
Hidy,
I read a couple of comments saying that the jump map did not show active areas. When a photo in the map shows in color it means there is activity for that scene. -Otherwise the photo shows in black and white.

What I didn't get was why one area kept showing on the map covered in ice. To get there from the jump map I had to select the Chapel, then exit the side door.

With regard to HOS, I ran into trouble picking some items up as well. This is a pet peeve for me as I like to try having no extra clicks and it is maddening to get a click penalty to boot! What worked for me was picking up everything else on the list then tackling the item that refused to budge. Grrr.

The other annoyance was items were not always correctly named. In one HOS we are told to pick up a "comb". I COULD NOT FIND THE COMB. -That's because the item was a standard hair brush. Double Grr.

olgamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by olgamc on Mar 9, 13 9:59 AM
I can't get the lipstick or find the funnel. Please help me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 12, 13 4:33 AM
Hi olgamc,

I haven't played this game yet hence, I am not too sure where those items are!

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide though to see if there is any indication of their whereabouts included in that guide.

You could also try the hint button, even if it doesn't lead you to them directly, it will put you on the right path!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Go to: