bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 21, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 21, 13 12:52 AM
Very slow DL again.

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Feb 21, 13 1:11 AM
DL is so slooooow!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 21, 13 1:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Collector's Edition games will always take longer to download and if you are among the first in your region to install the game, this will always add time to your download as well.

Some Fishies have found that stopping the download and then restarting it helps matters!

Of course, if you feel like your download speed is not where it should be, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Finally, it is also worth noting that checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds as well, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. They can let you know of the best times to download games as there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 1:20:10 AM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 21, 13 2:11 AM
My DL took only a few minutes, but I did have the "floaty" cursor all the way through the demo. That wouldn't stop me from buying a terrific game like this with extras to be spotted in various scenes and the fun rune feature. Just have to decide between the CE now, or SE later.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Feb 21, 13 2:13 AM
So far I have been downloading for 2 hours now and only got to 9%!
I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.8.2.

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 2:14:10 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 21, 13 2:30 AM
my download was very quick even though my computer is on a very , go slow this morning i run XP the cursor is very floaty and the game stutters a bit

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 21, 13 2:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most update to date drivers to perform at their best, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 21, 13 4:28 AM
A tip from another player some days ago has really helped me with slow downloads (which have been many).

Once I click to try the demo, I go to the download queue rather than just leaving the download on the original GM screen. After I do that, I click the red X ("not interested") on each of the games that come up as BF recommendations. Once that is done, the game begins to download much faster (for me). Today's game downloaded in about 1/4 of the time most games of this size usually take for me.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Feb 21, 13 6:24 AM
tj1147 - Interesting and great suggestion. I wonder if it is the Game Manager that is slowing things down for so many people. I still use the old Game Manager and I have always wondered why people complain about download time. I have NEVER had that problem, no matter if I download a game minutes after it is released or hours later. I have always blamed it on the users DL speed. Just because it is fast at times, doesn't mean their ISP doesn't throttle down their speed at times. Now I'm starting to wonder. Thanks for sharing tj1147.

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Feb 21, 13 7:11 AM
when I reach 87% game download freezes then error number 4 which doesn't correspond to anything on help page

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 21, 13 8:21 AM
I had the :"floaty" cursor...until I disabled the "special effects". The cursor worked fine the, but I wonder about the special effects and what I am missing...

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on Feb 21, 13 9:22 AM
this is the fifth time trying to install the demo. I keep getting error code 3. This has never happened to me before. I guess it's a no go for me. I'm not going to mess up my machine or jump through hoops just to get a demo to work. For those who had no problems, I hope you enjoy the game.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 21, 13 9:56 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

judith12: That's definitely odd! Since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game if you'd like one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to take a closer look!

tj1147: Happy to hear that disabling the special effects helped to get the cursor working! I'm not sure what special effects are in the game, but if you'd like you could also check for any video card driver updates to help with that cursor issue. It may help for those special effects to work!

suze14: That specific error message is associated with ESET security, which has been accidentally flagging some of the necessary files. If you go ahead and update your anti virus program to the latest edition, it should help to solve those issues!

If you have any further questions or would prefer specific steps and instructions please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. Our Reps will help in any way they can!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on Feb 21, 13 10:32 AM
I uninstalled & reinstalled the game manager & still cannot download the demo. I find this odd, seeing that I was able to buy, install & play(for a few minutes) the daily deal with absolutely so problems. I'll wait until the se version comes out & give it a try then. I know for a fact that it's not my machine. Happy gaming everyone.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Feb 21, 13 11:38 AM
I am installing now and got a warning from Norton saying that this file is rated as slightly unstable, meaning that with 'regular use' it crashes about once or twice a month. Just thought I would pass this on.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 21, 13 12:22 PM
Hey there Oldgamer99,

Thanks for letting us know about that message from Norton. Our games are guaranteed virus free, so it's possible Norton may be accidentally flagging one of the game files. For some helpful tips and tricks on making sure the game plays properly, feel free to take a look at the following help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

To make sure there are not further issues I would definitely contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help get that sorted out!

judith12: Thanks for trying out those steps! Each game is designed a little differently, so sometimes one game can work while another one has issues. You're welcome to wait, but if at anytime you'd like to try some other steps feel free to contact Tech Support!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by leonamcboner on Feb 21, 13 1:05 PM
Hi. I'm having trouble with one of the mini games. The one with the mechanic related puzzle pieces. They don't seem to slide in order. I checked with the strategy guide and they don't match up. I don't want to skip cos trying to get my achievements!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 21, 13 9:52 PM
I am having this same issue but only after reset. The pieces don't move properly and I just get a kind of "clang" sound when I try to hit the reset button again. This also happened with the connect the fuse puzzle - after resetting the puzzle it did not act properly and reset made clang noise. It went back to behaving after I exited the game and re-started. I'm going to try this now with the mechanics puzzle (fingers crossed) but came her first to see if others were having this issue. Nice(?) to see I'm not alone...

Oh, and I'm running Windows 7 custom gaming system abt. 3 years old w/ video drivers up to date.

Update: Indeed leaving the game and restarting cleared the issue. Clearly there is something glitchy here. It's nice I could work around it but worries me there will be something more broken along the way. LOVE the game though.

leonamcboner wrote:Hi. I'm having trouble with one of the mini games. The one with the mechanic related puzzle pieces. They don't seem to slide in order. I checked with the strategy guide and they don't match up. I don't want to skip cos trying to get my achievements!

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 10:05:51 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 22, 13 12:57 AM
tj1147 wrote:A tip from another player some days ago has really helped me with slow downloads (which have been many).

Once I click to try the demo, I go to the download queue rather than just leaving the download on the original GM screen. After I do that, I click the red X ("not interested") on each of the games that come up as BF recommendations. Once that is done, the game begins to download much faster (for me). Today's game downloaded in about 1/4 of the time most games of this size usually take for me.

I never get those annoying 'games you'll love' recommendations (if I loved those games I'd already have them). I found out a while ago that if you open the GM before connecting to the internet they don't appear; they only show up if you're already connected and then open the GM.

Go to: