Creating new pictures in Jig Saws Galore

[Post New]by tburnard on Feb 23, 13 9:54 PM
While I love all the attributes of this wonderful program I have one problem in creating new pictures. Every time I browse for a picture from My Pictures folder and save it to the program the ghost always appears on the screen much larger than the default pictures. This clutters up the screen making it harder to see the edges of the ghost without moving many of the pieces to get started. How do I configure the file size so this does not happen? Can anyone help me?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Creating new pictures in Jig Saws Galore

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 23, 13 10:37 PM
Hi there tburnard,
Welcome to The Pond.
There are some useful suggestions to help you regarding this in the game's forum, some of which are from the game developer.
Check out the post below.
<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201980.page>Need help with 'create' please</a>
Cheers

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 9:02:12 PM PST

[Post New]by tburnard on Feb 24, 13 1:43 PM
Well Well, I have found the answer to my question quite by accident!! When you first create a new picture for a jigsaw the finished screen size appears larger than the default program pictures. However if you restart your computer the program configures the screen size to match the default picture sizes. Woo Hoo!!!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 26, 13 2:02 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am just swimming by to let you know that I've made DragonLadyOz's link clickable and as this is a specific game question, I will pop it over to the Jigsaws Galore Forum.

Happy Gaming!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Feb 28, 13 1:17 AM
tburnard wrote:Well Well, I have found the answer to my question quite by accident!! When you first create a new picture for a jigsaw the finished screen size appears larger than the default program pictures. However if you restart your computer the program configures the screen size to match the default picture sizes. Woo Hoo!!!

That's not quite right, here's what happens:

When you first open a jigsaw to start solving it, the game automatically sizes the jigsaw image (the background ghost) to fit nicely into the game's current window size. The automatic sizing ensures that the image size will suit whatever size window you have (and so also any monitor size).

Once you start solving the jigsaw, you can adjust the ghost image size by clicking on the "Piece size and shape" tool on the toolbar. The piece size and the ghost image size are of course exactly related, so that pieces fit exactly onto the ghost. So, changing the piece size while playing changes the ghost size to match. Choose 100% here to match the image's original size.

The game only resizes a jigsaw to fit the game's window the first time you start that jigsaw. Thereafter, the game remembers the size for next time. This is because you might change the size while solving the jigsaw.

You can set a preference for how much space is taken by the ghost image when it first opens a jigsaw. The default is around 40% of the game's window. You can adjust this up or down by using the Choose... button on the opening screen and selecting "Picture size". The default is a pretty good compromise so only change this if you really need to. If you make the picture take up too much room, you'll have none left to put the pieces. Some people like to always have the picture take up the whole screen and then just use trays for the pieces.

To go back to your original point about the ghost picture never matching the size of the original picture, this is intentional, as the game sizes the original image to fit nicely into the game window, leaving space for pieces. You can have the game ALWAYS use the original image size, if you really want to. To do this, go into the Choose... button menu and select Picture Size, Custom, Original image and choose 100%. Now the ghost will always be exactly the same size as the original image, whatever that was. In general this will not be a comfortable size so I don't advise it.

~ David

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 1:34:21 AM PST

Go to: