bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Strangestone technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Strangestone technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Feb 27, 13 4:12 AM
Same slow download problems as last week (2 hours d/l today)

Game and computer froze just as the jellyfish opened the hatch requiring full reboot but then game restarted (bit further back) and next time hatch opened ok

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Feb 27, 13 4:33 AM
Yes, mine keeps freezing too, and I have to come out via task manager. Have just updated my drivers, with the help of BF customer support on chat after running DxDiag

What's the difference between Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 5:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

Sorry to see you had the game freeze up on you.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most up to date drivers to perform correctly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

spenny1 - Flash and Shockwave are pretty similar, they are companion programs that help to animate your games but having the latest version of both is definitely something you can look at, since you have updated your drivers recently.

You can find some advice on checking for updates to those programs here, under the heading, Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave

I really hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 3:02:55 AM PST

chrishenri
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by chrishenri on Feb 27, 13 8:02 AM
On the very first hidden object scene when I was finished I brought up the map and to do list and could not get them to go away, is there a secret to closing them out? Or is there a problem with game?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 27, 13 8:12 AM
coule of issues..in the first scene the first hog was fine, then a bit later the same area was all sparkled up and nothing to search. Thankfully the game went on.

But the most concerning, is when closing the game, I had a black screen with the games pointer on it. Could not cntr/alt/del out. Had to hard boot out and back up.

I'm a little sqimish about getting back into the game..and heck, I just used a coupon on it.
kris

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 27, 13 9:52 AM
...also placing an item finally, after getting all the right parts and my screen goes BLACK! Ugh! Wasn't having enough fun to contact CS anyway

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 27, 13 10:41 AM

I like the game and bought it but when I've left the game once it didn't save my all my progress (had to restart in the jelly fish room).

Then when I tried to leave the game again later (from the basement sequence) it froze and I had to come out via task manager.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Feb 27, 13 10:56 AM
game froze on the big fish emblem at the start of the game then went black. Had to ctl./alt/delete to return. Tried again, same problem. Demo only Thank goodness.

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Feb 27, 13 11:00 AM
This game froze on me when I clicked on the diary/notebook and it jammed up my new computer which is quite capable of handling any of these games. I finally had to call Dell and they worked it out for me because every time I shut down my computer and booted it back up it went straight to the frozen game.

mysharona1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mysharona1 on Feb 27, 13 11:59 AM
game froze on me as well. I just did an update and everything is up to date on my computer so there is no reason for this.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 27, 13 12:11 PM
Was going to buy this game but decided not too untill allthe bugs are fixed since it isn't the customer from what I can read.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 27, 13 12:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see so many are you are having trouble with the game freezing that way!

If you tried updating things (as we suggest in our help article here ) and that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can start investigating this issue.

Please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to them through the Contact Us page. You can read more info about how to do that in our post over here.

Thanks so much and we'll be sure to let you know when we have more info about this!

bfgMonongahela

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Feb 27, 13 12:59 PM
I was doing just great in the demo (except for frequent irritating bouts of cursor freezing) and had just decided to quit and use a coupon credit when I fed the fish and the whole game froze. Not a buy for me, even free.

Edited on 02/27/2013 at 1:01:12 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 28, 13 1:39 AM
Heya kinget,

I'm sorry to hear about the freezing issues and problems with your cursor!

It sounds like your computer is having some problems to process and display the game properly. These kind of problems often appear when the software that is necessary to display your game could do with an update. You can easily do this by following the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 28, 13 3:07 AM
Had an access error yesterday after clicking on the word yes when I tried to leave the game ...

Access Violation at 0x00537A83 (tried to read from 0x000002DC) program terminated.

and so I had to use the Task Manager to get back to my desktop.

Today everything was working well and I was merrily collecting my 13 pieces of photograph and had already collected 10 of them when I got the dreaded ...

Blue screen

so I have just run Dr Felix and I will be sending the report to CS post haste.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 4:26 AM
Sorry to see you had so many issues cherbtoo - you definitely did the right thing in contacting Support about this though.

I am sure those folks will have some suggestions and fins crossed, you get to play this great game soon.

bfgBaikal

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on Mar 1, 13 3:06 AM
the clock pendulum disappeared from inventory after falling into basement - is needed for book insert

demo - have not purchased game

[Post New]by mebennui326 on Mar 1, 13 1:22 PM
When in the playroom areas, doing the globe puzzles caused the game cursor to disappear completely. I tried to exit to Main Menu-could do this by guessing where the cursor was and watching for the Menu word to light up. Could still not exit to desktop-had to use the Program Manager...Response from CS recommended a driver update, which I did, but this did nothing to fix the bug.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 1, 13 1:36 PM
Hi Nissiah, I'm sorry to hear that happened. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might get that item back. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

mebennui326, those kinds of issues can be tough to figure out, but emailing our Tech Support Team back by replying to that email is the best way to get additional help. Letting them know what didn't work will give them ideas on what to suggest next.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: