bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Age of Mahjong

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Age of Mahjong? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Age of Mahjong page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Age of Mahjong

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 27, 13 8:59 PM
I've tried quite a few mahjongg games over the years, and
have bought a couple as well. I like them for relaxing game play.

This one, I demoed last night, and thoroughly enjoyed. I like how
the story unfolds bit by bit, and how playing a match actually has
a purpose - such as building a well, or a briquette factory.

The music is lovely, and the graphics are nice and clear. Apparently there are 63 levels, so this game could certainly take a long time to finish, lol. For hints, there is a Buddha to click on, once he turns gold, and there is an option for re-shuffling the tiles, which can be used more than once - yay!

I could definitely do without all the 'hand holding' hints though.
I thought they would stop once I got past the first match, but they are still there, though perhaps not as often. I don't remember seeing if there was the option of turning them off, but I will look when I re-start the game, after I purchase it

Anyhoo, give the game a try - it isn't difficult, and the music makes it a very relaxing game - something we all need at times

Did I tell you how much I enjoyed the music?

Jen

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Mar 20, 13 11:26 PM
I like the combination of building and Mahjong.

My only regret is not having an option to change the tile set. Some of the automatic sets are very dark and you can't see the images that clearly. I really would like to be able to change the tiles to prevent eye strain!

Firefox7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Firefox7 on Mar 25, 14 12:11 PM
One of the nicest Mahjong games I've seen. Very clear, beautiful tile sets, graphics are smooth and fast, music is pleasant without being intrusive.

Some challenging levels, pitched just about right to keep you coming back.

Very nice game. Well worth the price.

Go to: