[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 27, 13 2:15 AM
Any comments fishes?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Todays DD February 27 2013

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 27, 13 4:04 AM
I played 20 minutes of the demo and ran into 4 HO scenes. I had no trouble finding any of the items in the HO scenes. The story is about King Henry II and ghosts and interesting tidbits pop in on you. It will be a buy for me at the 2.99 price.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 27, 13 4:34 AM
I had noted this as "Buy if ever a DD". So, buy, I did!

(The great reviews reinforced my decision to buy.)

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 27, 13 5:37 AM
Having seen the game had been updated, I hopefully downloaded it . But I still get the same error after about a minute of play - igxpdx32.dll.
I did google it and find that if you boot up in safe mode, uninstall your graphics driver then install an earlier version that it sometimes helps.
But as this is the only game to give me that error, I hesitate to try in case that upsets some of my other games. Pity as I liked the look of this one when it first came out.

Plucked up courage and tried , making sure I also have a set up folder in case I need to revert the change. And it works, the game plays perfectly !!! So I will now buy it and fill my punchcard at the same time.

Edited on 02/27/2013 at 7:26:28 AM PST

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Feb 27, 13 9:53 AM
This is a great deal at 2.99.

There are 2 modes of play: easy and difficult. There are large amounts of sparkles for HOS in easy mode, and little twinkles for items that will be needed for inventory. Difficult mode does not have any sparkles at all.

There are voiceovers.

There is no map.

There is a journal with the story and the history of the main characters.

HOS: There are approximately 44 "find items on a list" HOS.
There are 7 "find x number of y" e.g find 10 feathers.

Hints: Recharge in 45 secs in easy mode, and 90 secs in difficult mode. Hints work outside of HOS.

Puzzles: There are approximately 28 puzzles. They can be skipped in 45 secs in easy mode and 90 secs in hard mode.

I enjoyed this game so much that I couldn't stop playing. It took me about 4 hours to complete in easy mode, skipping 3 puzzles. (They involved perfect timing and speed - I am much too slow). For those with phobias, there are a few scenes with creepy crawlies, but they didn't last very long. I would definitely recommend this game. It is a bargain at $2.99.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 27, 13 10:33 AM
Interesting. Having restored my graphics card drivers back to an earlier version, I can not only play this game but others that would not run on this computer. (I do not remember now what errors they threw up or if they just froze.) This includes the Azada series and the Drawn series. So latest version is not always the best option.

Go to: