Comments for Grim Facade

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Comments for Grim Facade

[Post New]by schobey on Feb 28, 13 12:46 AM
Has 7 chapters plus bonus. Has 3 sets for game play. Has Trophies, trivia game, and fans to find in HO scenes for hints. Looks good just downloaded, and now am going to enjoy to play.

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 12:59:00 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Grim Facade

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 12:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

As this Forum doesn't have a Comments thread yet, I am just swimming in to add that to the title here so y'all have a place to chat about the game!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Comments for Grim Facade

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Feb 28, 13 4:31 AM
I am an ERS fan from way back and this game does not disappoint.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 28, 13 5:13 AM
Me too grabbinbugs I find their games delightful. I am just trying to justify buying 2 CE's in less than a week, funny they are both set in Spain.

Oh I hate these decisions!!!!

Linda

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 28, 13 5:27 AM
Am I alone in this? Right from the to statues holding the stairs I felt like I have played this before. The cat bank, piano, little fox. They are all very familiar. It seems to me that I know what to do before I have to do it. Since I only purchase games here that would be impossible right?

I am going to buy this though. If for no other reason than to see if I am losing my mind

This is a fantastic game from what I have played. Great graphics, voice overs, puzzles.
I don't believe ERS has ever put one out that I didn't want I just have to wonder if they reused some items.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Feb 28, 13 5:29 AM
You just can't go wrong with ERS games. Thanks Devs and Big Fish for another great game. Hope there are more to come!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 28, 13 8:04 AM
bratzgram wrote:Am I alone in this? Right from the to statues holding the stairs I felt like I have played this before. The cat bank, piano, little fox. They are all very familiar. It seems to me that I know what to do before I have to do it. Since I only purchase games here that would be impossible right?

I am going to buy this though. If for no other reason than to see if I am losing my mind

This is a fantastic game from what I have played. Great graphics, voice overs, puzzles.
I don't believe ERS has ever put one out that I didn't want I just have to wonder if they reused some items.
i too had a de ja vu moment with this game and as a usual fan or ERS games a got to thinking is it just a feeling of " same old same old " i hope not felt like i`d already played the game before

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 28, 13 9:50 AM
I have too all ERS games, and I can assure you that there are not the same objects in each game.

It's just a matter of style!

In fashion, if you can recognize the style of Dior vs the style of Liberace - you have the artistic view. You can spot from far a handbag, or a perfume, or a suite, or dress made by any of them. They don't repeat their designs, but stick to their style...

ERS has it's own style, which force you to recognize their creation. You expect certain background, certain characters (and I love them - animals or humans). They change the plot, but not the style.

You can say that about any high-style game producer, we all know their creations and buy them almost immediately: Little Dumbo, Boom Zap, etc etc. I can spot almost in second, seeing the background, the difference among them...

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 28, 13 10:04 AM
I'm going to buy the CE, because for what I read is the same the 2nd. Grim Facade: you have to play the BC in order to understand properly the story.
Besides, thank you BF , for let me collect the credits 25% off.
Now going to play !

[Post New]by JustUsGuys on Feb 28, 13 10:23 AM
This may be the wrong thread.. but here goes, Just downloaded and purchased this.. it's too slow to even play

My system exceeds requirements, 4GB RAM, Win 8, 1TB Hard Drive with plenty of room... anyone else have this issue?

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 28, 13 10:53 AM
I was bored with this one, it just didn't keep my interest enough to finish the demo. It felt so deja vu (sp?) Moved very slow

The Good: Graphics are beautiful

Maybe later with a half off sale or PCC

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Feb 28, 13 12:41 PM
minesita wrote:I'm going to buy the CE, because for what I read is the same the 2nd. Grim Facade: you have to play the BC in order to understand properly the story.
Besides, thank you BF , for let me collect the credits 25% off.
Now going to play !

I had credits left from the sale and needed 3 more punches to complete a card so I also bought the CE!

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 12:44:48 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 28, 13 1:13 PM
JustUsGuys wrote:This may be the wrong thread.. but here goes, Just downloaded and purchased this.. it's too slow to even play

My system exceeds requirements, 4GB RAM, Win 8, 1TB Hard Drive with plenty of room... anyone else have this issue?

Hi JustUsGuys and welcome to the Pond!

I've also responded in our tech issues thread, but just in case I thought I'd reply here too.

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team about the trouble you're having. They'll be able to collect information that will really help us pinpoint where the problem is coming from and even how it might be fixed. You can read more about how to send them the details of the issue in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 28, 13 1:44 PM
This is a fantastic game... mix of different things. played the first 2 as well.
really enjoyed. My only comment is way way way too short. Finsihed the regular game and the bonus game in advanced mode in under 3 hrs.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Feb 28, 13 3:17 PM
i just finished the trial and must say that i certainly won't be buying this game as a CE and very likely not as an SE.

reasons:
1) from what i understand, the only way to get the proper ending to the game is to buy the CE. this is a very underhanded way to do business, as far as i'm concerned. that means that, since i buy very *VERY* few CEs, i will never get to see how it ends if i buy the SE.
2) i am very tired of the ERS "same old, same old". every game is cut from the same bolt of cloth. i've played all the puppetshows, all the shadow wolfs, all the rest of the series... and they are all the same. same graphics, same music, and, in many cases, even the same fonts. i'm done for a while.
3) aiden is annoying as hell(o). he keeps popping up with his comments and i just want to smack him! and i'm not a violent person by nature!
4) i played on the hardest mode available and yet the dang tutorial STILL keeps popping up, EVEN AFTER i clicked "SKIP TUTORIAL"!! i wasn't happy that it popped up in the first place, on hardest mode, but then when it popped up AGAIN after telling it NO, i was NOT happy.

all that said, i think that IF the game was tied up in the SE version, i could be tempted to buy it a ways down the road. some of the puzzles were fun, although not very hard (i like *challenging* puzzles!) and i did like the fact that on the hardest mode, there actually were NO blackbar tips! YAY!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Feb 28, 13 3:55 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:i just finished the trial and must say that i certainly won't be buying this game as a CE and very likely not as an SE.

reasons:
1) from what i understand, the only way to get the proper ending to the game is to buy the CE. this is a very underhanded way to do business, as far as i'm concerned. that means that, since i buy very *VERY* few CEs, i will never get to see how it ends if i buy the SE.
2) i am very tired of the ERS "same old, same old". every game is cut from the same bolt of cloth. i've played all the puppetshows, all the shadow wolfs, all the rest of the series... and they are all the same. same graphics, same music, and, in many cases, even the same fonts. i'm done for a while.
3) aiden is annoying as hell(o). he keeps popping up with his comments and i just want to smack him! and i'm not a violent person by nature!
4) i played on the hardest mode available and yet the dang tutorial STILL keeps popping up, EVEN AFTER i clicked "SKIP TUTORIAL"!! i wasn't happy that it popped up in the first place, on hardest mode, but then when it popped up AGAIN after telling it NO, i was NOT happy.

all that said, i think that IF the game was tied up in the SE version, i could be tempted to buy it a ways down the road. some of the puzzles were fun, although not very hard (i like *challenging* puzzles!) and i did like the fact that on the hardest mode, there actually were NO blackbar tips! YAY!

LOL, Cathy, i had the exact thought, if this idiot pops his head up one more time!!!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 28, 13 6:49 PM
I am going to use a couple of game club credits to get the game and fill my punch card. I did a beta of this game and thought that it was interesting enough to want to keep an eye out for it when it came out. At the time I did the beta, a setting in Spain and a murder mystery were not the same old, same old SL.
For some reason, did not get Sinister Obsession when it came out. Is it worth the $2.99 and a punch on a card that I won't complete and get it tonight, or should just wait?

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Feb 28, 13 8:47 PM
abarrett wrote:. . .For some reason, did not get Sinister Obsession when it came out. Is it worth the $2.99 and a punch on a card that I won't complete and get it tonight, or should just wait?
To me Sinister Obsession is definitely worth $2.99--a fairly standard ERS game, lots to do, not overrun with hos, some fun puzzles though most are on the easy side, & the story is interesting enough as well.

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 8:59:11 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 28, 13 11:59 PM
Woohoo, almost March 1 BFG date/time Batman so I can purchase this delightful addition to the Grim Facade franchise.
OK, it is the usual high quality and somewhat predictable game for those of us who are ERS-Junkies , but this one seems "fresh and new" somehow. The set-up of the journal as a case/suspect file leads a player to think they might be actually involved in an investigation - suspects, evidence, clues etc. So this Detective (you/me) seems to be a lot more personable.
I still think I know what I will need to do, but I have found this game more engaging. I think the story (and cut-scenes) are more intriguiging, the characters less wooden, and as others have stated, I really need to know the outcome.
I even changed my setting from the hardest setting to the middle one as someone (sorry, can't recall exactly) noted that some of the comments in the bars were fun - and they are.
The continual popping-in and out of the "eye-candy" assistant, is a bit of an annoyance, but still adds to the atmosphere somehow.> I am waiting on "fingering" him for the crime to get rid of him. <
I didn't think that I would resurrect my ERS comfy slippers, but my rabbit ears are perky (though not as large as the fennec's) and I am eager to continue on with my journey - in 2 minutes!! LOL
Cheers

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Mar 1, 13 9:18 AM
I normally like ERS games, but in advanced mode, I had to tell it "skip tutorial" 3 times! What part of "skip tutorial" do they not understand. Their old games would take me several hours to complete, but this one only took about 2 and a half. The trend among devs these days seems to be to dumb down these games. If they don't start having more respect for their customers, they just might find themselves without any customers. As for Aiden, I thought he was cute, even if he was annoying (eye candy). MLC60

Go to: