bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Ball-Buster Collection

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 1:01 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Ball-Buster Collection? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Ball-Buster Collection page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ball-Buster Collection

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 28, 13 1:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 1, 13 9:12 AM
This is a typical break-up / busting game like the smash frenzy games.

It has all the usual - power-ups - things that fall down etc. However, all the power ups here are the same colour - so it would take some time to get used to what they all do before catching the wrong ones. I actually think this adds a bit of a challenge in getting to know them rather that going by colour.

The graphics are typical for this type of game and works well.

I found the angle of the board a bit odd - could be because I'm playing on my laptop and the board started very close to the shooter which always makes it more difficult to control.

It's a shame this type of game is not popular at Big Fish Games - so if it isn't getting any reviews I don't think it's the game but rather the target market.

Would I buy yet? Not for my laptop computer - it's struggling to handle this game but on a proper full size monitor and pc - yes I would - there seems to be lots of different levels and certainly the game play is challenging and I enjoy this type of game.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Mar 2, 13 7:42 AM
In my opinion, the best Brickbuster game out there would have to be Boom Voyage. All others pale in comparison especially this weak rendition, which is about as boring as watching an ant moving a one-ton pile of dirt for no particular reason whatsoever.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 6, 13 1:07 PM
I normally love these ball breaker/arkanoid types of games but this one is a snooze-fest.

The graphics are dull and greyish much of the time. The music is about 8 bars being repeated over and over again until your ears bleed. You can, and I did, turn it off but still. Part of the fun of these types of games is usually music propelling you on and pumping up the excitement. Definitely not the case here.

The powerups are nothing special. Nothing we all haven't seen a hundred times before. But here they all have a short life span. There doesn't seem to be the opportunity to combine them, either. For instance, in other games you can have a fire ball and a big ball combined to create huge breaking power. In this game, it's one or the other.

The paddle is a dull rectangular box and even the guns that show up (laser, canon, etc) are boring.

There are stars to catch for bonus points but all they seem to do is add 100 points to your score. There is no opportunity (at least that I saw) to purchase upgrades of any kind.

As you get near the end of each level, a checkmark drops down to let you skip hitting those last few blocks. A bonus for some, especially beginners, but really annoying for someone like me who wants to clear the whole screen. And you can't stop them. They just keep on coming every few seconds. Having a way to set the difficulty level might help this - keep this option on beginners, remove it for experts.

One real annoyance was the Menu button at the bottom right hand of the screen. Often as I was moving the paddle on that side, the Menu box would pop up. Also, the system cursor rode around on my screen as I played, providing another distraction and offering a clear indication of the flaws in coding on this game.

I hate to say it but honestly, even if this game was offered free I wouldn't download it.

Just my humble opinion, of course. YMMV

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Jun 25, 13 11:22 AM
I have to say I am surprised by how much I like it. It's got so many to choose from, or you can play radomly selected games, I've played for several hours total and am nowhere near tired of it. The one complaint I have is that there is no "replay" button. If you want to replay one you have to go back and choose it. Not a BIG deal, but it breaks up the flow of play, and choosing from a small picture it's easy to choose the wrong one since there are similar ones.

Go to: