bfgTokoro
1,111 Posts

Post any Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 2, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/14/2013 at 4:28:48 PM PST

Re:Post any Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 2, 13 5:19 AM
not sure if this is a technical issue, but this game is fairly narrow on my screen with big black side bands. This is unusual for my computer. I tried the different options and no change. Anyone else get this?
kris

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 2, 13 5:35 AM
For display issues, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help articles kris_cross48 as these will both give you tips on how to improve the way your game and computer communicate with one another:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Screen Resolution

If you would like some more help with this we are happy to provide it, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

sweet4grease
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Mar 2, 13 6:30 AM
I had no problems with the Demo and enjoyed it, so used a game credit and bought the game. No problems until I reached the Dark Forest and the outside scene for the Dark Temple. Now outside the dark temple the screen is black. The sound is working normally and there is the occaisional sparkle for points of interest, but the rest of the screen is black. I can see the hidden object scenes there so I made it past that point, but the scene outside the temple is still a black screen.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 2, 13 6:48 AM
sweet4grease - You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully?

The advice in the following help article here will help you to do that.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling as this will ensure the game files are not damaged in any way.

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 2, 13 7:52 AM
sweet4grease wrote:I had no problems with the Demo and enjoyed it, so used a game credit and bought the game. No problems until I reached the Dark Forest and the outside scene for the Dark Temple. Now outside the dark temple the screen is black. The sound is working normally and there is the occaisional sparkle for points of interest, but the rest of the screen is black. I can see the hidden object scenes there so I made it past that point, but the scene outside the temple is still a black screen.

I'm having the same exact issue. The dark temple screen is black. I've been running around thinking I needed a candle or some sort of light but I can't find anything.

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Mar 2, 13 8:55 AM
I have the same issue when I first went into the Dark Temple scene it was fine but when I tried to go back in the screen was and is black you can not see anything except an occasional sparkle. This is very rare for me my games run perfect I hardly ever have any problems. Everything on my computer is up to date so will I have to unistall and install again?

geniegal
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Mar 2, 13 9:02 AM
Same issue - black screen when you return to the dark temple. First visit, see it fine; second and third visits all I see is a black screen with an occasional sparkle.

Tried exiting the program and restarting it. Same result.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem either.

I am running Win7 with all the updates and service packs. NVidia GeForce graphics card, Driver 314.07 up to date.

Edited on 03/02/2013 at 3:37:38 PM PST

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 2, 13 9:34 AM
geniegal wrote:Same issue - black screen when you return to the dark temple. First visit, see it fine; second and third visits all I see is a black screen with an occasional sparkle.

Tried exiting the program and restarting it. Same result.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem either.

Awwe Man, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it for nothing!! Grrrrr

sweet4grease
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Mar 2, 13 9:57 AM
Everything is up to date, it's a glitch in the game. It seems that all games just don't play the same on different computers, so some will have trouble with an issue and some will not. Maybe it's because there are so many different people with so many different configurations of components on their machines, but it never fails, there's always a glitch in a game somewhere, but not for everyone.

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 2, 13 10:11 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about those black screen issues in the dark temple. Really helpful to know that uninstalling and reinstalling didn't resolve those issues.

If you haven't already, checking and making sure that the video card driver is up-to-date may help to get the game displaying correctly there.

Also Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Mar 2, 13 11:11 AM
Yes uninstall and reinstall doesn't help and changing your profile doesn't help either. I hope there will be an update to fix this problem I was really enjoying this game.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 2, 13 12:47 PM
Okay.. i don't know if the Dark Temple is suppose to be black or not but I was able to do what I needed to do in the dark, you just really need to do some searching. I eventually found the cart and gargoyle, but it took some doing.

Happy Gaming..

Edited on 03/02/2013 at 1:27:48 PM PST

Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Mar 2, 13 1:43 PM
Wish you guys would say what system you are using when reporting these issues as others might be able to help you if you say Vista, windows 7 or 8, Mac exct.

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on Mar 2, 13 5:03 PM
Same issue here. Played demo, no problems, purchased and all went well until I got to the dark temple (it is truly dark). I'm running Vista. This has to be a glitch.

ruadhan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Mar 2, 13 5:50 PM
It's definitely the game and not all of our computers crashing at once. I'm running Windows 7, I installed the updated drivers, and it's just the part where you're outside the Dark Temple.

If you manage to fumble around in the dark and perform the tasks to get inside, the game runs perfectly well once again.

It is a glitch where the graphics for that one part just are not working.

bfgBiwa
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 3, 13 2:14 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to hear about the temple appearing black for some of you .

If you haven't tried the steps that my fellow mods have posted here just yet, updating your video card or uninstalling and reinstalling the game could help to solve these problems.

We're definitely looking into this as well so if you find that these steps don't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so they can investigate this.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 03/03/2013 at 2:14:46 AM PST

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Mar 3, 13 7:29 AM
I'm having the same problem with the black screen. Everything was working fine until I came to the black forest. My computer is up to date with everything and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game....did work. Is there going to be a fix for this???

bfgBiwa
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 3:09 AM
Heya anabel1566,

It's too bad that the steps that were posted here couldn't solve the problem for you.

We are currently still investigating this issue. To do this, however, we require as much information as possible so we can forward the issue to the developer and get a fix for all our Fishies.

Therefore it would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. This way they can have a closer look at everything and our investigation can proceed more smoothly.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by beveng on Mar 4, 13 8:54 AM
I have made it to the secret chamber and I have the statues to place on the columns but I cannot get them on to the column to open the portal??? I have tried repeatedly clicking different areas around the columns but nothing seems to work. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it did not help.

Go to: