NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

DD - 3/3/2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 3, 13 4:08 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and believe it to be a fantastic deal at $2.99..

There are 2 modes of play: regular and expert.

There are voiceovers and live actors.

There is a journal with story and clues. As you move throughout the game, you will collect pieces of journal pages. When a page is complete, an animated girl waves at you from the journal cover to indicate that a new page is available. When you open the journal, a short cartoon video plays on the page to update the story and provide clues.

If you hover over the "goals" bar that is above the journal, you will be given a current task.

There is no map. However, the hint button does indicate directions that you need to go and does not deplete after doing so.

HOS: There are approximately 23 iHOS.

Hints: Recharge in about 1 min in regular mode, and 2 mins in expert mode. Hints work outside of HOS.

Puzzles: There are approximately 14 puzzles. Puzzles can be skipped in 1 min in regular mode and 2 mins in expert mode.

Once I began this game, I couldn't stop playing. There is lots of running about, so I was thankful for the hint to help me when I got lost. There are a lot of interactions throughout. I played for 4 hours in regular mode. I played one chapter in expert mode, and items in the HOS were exactly the same. So, I will wait a month or so and replay in expert mode. I would highly recommend this game.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

Re:DD - 3/3/2013

[Post New]by Tailteann on Apr 2, 13 7:19 AM
Thanks for the great review NIMHURCHU and for the info on the bonus content Seawave (love your username). That helps a lot in deciding between SE & CE. Surprised I haven't picked this one up already, I think it's been a DD before.

Go to: