nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 8, 10 5:39 AM
I finished this game the other day and I waited to comment because I found it at times easy to follow and at other times difficult. I used the walkthrough then and it was a help. I thought it was drawn well and the items were easy to find for the most part. However it wasn't always clear on where to go. I could have used a map. I finished the game but had items left in my inventory. I completely missed a whole room! I don't know how but I did! So I guess I can replay it. I suppose I could have let the walk through hold my hand but I try not to...so I was completely surprised when it had ended! LOL...anyway..it was a long play for me and interesting.
Nana

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 8, 10 12:35 PM
This one is a definate buy for me as well. Very intriguing game play. Well worth the full price.

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Aug 9, 10 10:35 AM
A great game. Challenging and fun . Need more like this. Thanks BF games.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 9, 10 3:05 PM
really good game

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Aug 11, 10 11:25 AM
Loved the game. Just finished it. It's the right mix of difficult and easy. I didn' thave to use many hints, but sometimes I did have to use the magnifying glass to light up all the interactive spots in the room, and when the beach area first opened up (find the magician), I didn't notice the open gate so I wandered around for AGES trying to figure out what to do next.

Overall, a great game that I'd recommend!

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Aug 11, 10 6:21 PM
Loved this game!!!!!!!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Aug 12, 10 9:41 PM
My screen froze up TWICE on the very first puzzle, with the matching the two halves of the key, even though the second time I had the right pieces fit together.

I'd like to have gone further as the graphics were great but I can't play if my screen freezes up. I'd closed everything else on my laptop, too.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Rowan

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Aug 13, 10 7:57 AM
This game is one of the best buys I have made on BFG. Long satisfying gameplay, interesting story, excellent puzzles and a nice sense of mystery.

I highly recommend this game, it's a great game and a great value in game time.

[Post New]by sadie1253 on Aug 15, 10 10:20 AM
I loved it until I got stuck on the light for the plant. I even looked at the walkthrough, but I still can't get it. Help!!!!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 16, 10 8:23 AM
Loved this game! What a difference the sound makes! Thanks, BF for fixing that as quickly as you did. It was good length, lovely graphics, fairly challenging but not frustrating. The story was enjoyable and the games fun. Only ran into one problem while playing. I got through the demo (sans sound) and downloaded the new version to purchase. When I first restarted the game, after putting in my access code, it brought me to the point where I stopped but as soon as I click on the screen a couple of times, it kicked me out of the game completely. Restarted the game and had no problems from there on out.

[Post New]by Ms_Downs on Aug 21, 10 2:58 PM
I just finished the game today....I didn't want it to end. Interesting story, good graphics, unintrusive music. I'm not real good with most games but I didn't need to check the walk through, figured out everything myself. Some of the hidden objects were very well hidden so I used the hints to speed up the game. I had no problems at all with the game itself. This is a "buy." Four and a half out of five stars.

Sophira
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Sophira on Aug 28, 10 3:37 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was a good length and the puzzles and storyline were interesting. The hidden objects were cleverly blended into the scenes. Very classy.

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Sep 6, 10 6:06 AM
What a great game. Long and a wonderful story. Thanks to all who created this game. Keep it up.....

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Sep 6, 10 11:42 AM
Loved it loved it and loved it. Excellent story and graphics and not too handholding if you do not read the tasks list all the time. Good job people.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Sep 6, 10 1:33 PM
What a wonderful game!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had such a good time playing it .I have 3 games in my desktop ,and I started this one because I thought it would be the one I would like the least ,but what a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!,now I am hopping the others are as good as this one Thanks BFand I since I still have the formula I guess I'll be going back to the island ............Hope it is soon.

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Sep 6, 10 8:55 PM
Game type: iHog with easy puzzles interspersed, though it often feels like one HOG scene after another in rapid succession.

Game length: Average (2-4 hours.)

Difficulty: Easy.

Graphics: Fairly good, but heavy-handed use of ambient light. (I hate that.)

Narration: Well-written text.
:
Game mode: Options are casual/advanced. Casual gives plenty of hints, lots of sparkles to indicate interactive areas. Advanced gives less of both.

Tutorial? Yes.

Hint system: Unlimited. Wait for refill.

Other comments: The inventory, at the bottom of the screen, pops up when you're trying to exit rooms. The diary often mentions having been to places or talked to characters you haven't yet encountered, but that's sometimes helpful. Lots of walking back and forth. Lots. Plenty of anachronisms (something else I'm picky about) in what's otherwise a mideval castle setting.

Fun factor: It's a fun game, but I wouldn't miss sleep for this one.

[Post New]by poorme58 on Sep 9, 10 10:30 PM
I loved this game!! It was well worth the money!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 12, 10 11:07 AM
I finished this game last weekend and highly recommend it! The length is awesome: I have played over 6 hours till I reached the end. The storyline is great, graphic really superb, gameplay also great. I hope we will get a sequel from this game.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 13, 10 7:23 PM
Hey everyone!! Love, LOVE the game! Many Hidden object scenes with "interactive" adventure. Pretty decent storyline as well. No probems while playing the game...everthing was smooth sailing...the games length was pretty good as well...so all around 5 out of 5 Enjoy it! I know you will! Well worth 6.99

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 21, 10 10:41 PM
I loved this game! Gorgeous graphics that varied quite a bit - some areas are spooky and dark, some areas are bright and green - so it never got old. The storyline kept me on my toes and gave several surprises. I enjoyed the puzzles too, which were challenging and unique without being frustrating. It took a reasonable amount of time to finish, relative to some of the games on here (I've found several disappointingly short HOGs that were beatable in 2 hours). Progression through the game was pretty logical, and I didn't find myself lost running around. Overall I'm really pleased, and will look for more games from this developer on BFG.

Go to: