Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by frankiecat on Feb 19, 11 6:16 PM
The ladder in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy will not lean against the elevator. Mac Game...help?

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on Mar 3, 11 7:32 PM
I greatly enjoyed this game. Beautiful art, nice voice acting and interesting characters. The story was good, and I really wanted to keep playing to find out what was going on/ who was doing what/ where people were etc. etc.

This game had a lot of charm, puzzles were fun, liked being able to go back and forth to find items in order to solve puzzles. Had a good balance of puzzles and hidden object scenes, and the hidden objects weren't annoying to find - nothing ridiculously small etc. Also liked how each scene changed a bit when you went back to it - added to the suspense a bit (like someone is moving things around, messing around behind your back. O: )

The hints recharged in a good amount of time. And I liked being able to refer to her book for a list of tasks that I had to complete, as well as the map. The casette tapes were also a nice touch. Really added to the story - very creepy.

Would definitely recommend this game. : D

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 30, 11 5:09 AM
Just finished the demo. Definite buy for me! The Hidden Object scenes are just right. Being able to listen to the recordings while playing is a great idea. It's fast paced and a bit spooky yet compelling story. The voice overs are done very well.
The only downfall I could see that may bother some is that at times you have to play the same areas over and find the same objects. That was fine with me.
This game flows great. Some games of this type I seem to lose what the story line is. This one keeps you involved all along.
DOWNLOADING NOW! THANKS FOR ANOTHER GREAT ONE BIG FISH!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 6:43 PM
Hi all, Don't usually do Adventure games and didn't realise the HOG included Adventure when I bought this game last year, but after playing it I found it was very atmospheric and intriguing to say the very least. I had to use my grey matter more than usual but actually quite got a kick out of it. I'm back to play again now as the old memory is slipping and I can't recall the conclusion, so it will seem all new to me.
At least that's what I'm hoping.
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 4, 11 6:57 AM
Just wanted to swim in and say that I just played this game and it is a pretty good one! I would elaborate more but if you read all the others, they have it all summed up. As a semi-new member (since Jan 11') I hesitate to buy some that are over a year old as they are not up to the newest technology used to make a good game. I hope I am making sense Anyway, well worth playing! Off to play Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera now.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 5:36 PM
Good gameplay, creepy atmosphere and intriguing storyline... fun, fun, fun.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 9, 11 4:55 PM
Great game. Lot's of fun. long playing time. Ends in a way you know a sequel will be coming.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on Jul 16, 11 11:58 AM
My review :

Nice game. Good story. You should buy the game.

My note : 16/20.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jul 17, 11 7:53 PM
It's a good HOG especially if you want a lot of H0 scenes. There were only a small amount of puzzles in the game. The story was only okay if not a bit weird. I got the game as a DD so I'm pleased.
I'm confused which Nightfall game is supposed to come first. This one or the opera.

Highlight possible spoiler
The opera one was released first but then end of this one mentions something about the opera.

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 7:54:03 PM PST

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Jul 19, 11 3:37 AM
This was a fun game for me.

There a lot of so called "scary games" that just aren't, and then there are some that scare you so bad you don't want to play them any further. This one fell nicely in between. I actually found myself jumping and being spooked by a few things. I even found some subtle humor here and there that made me chuckle enough to dissipate the anxiety of having to look at creepy dolls and deal with the characters popping up out of nowhere.

Good story line, good clear graphics, interesting characters, decent game time. I enjoyed it so much, I even made my son step away from his Xbox to give it a try.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:46 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Aug 17, 11 10:13 PM
Bought this game because I'd played the first in the series (Curse of the Opera) and really enjoyed it. This game is actually a prequel, although this isn't obvious at first.

Pros:
- Nice, although not amazing, graphics for both locations and hidden object scenes
- Fun, varied puzzles; several of them were original
- Interesting stories and characters that I got invested in; good voice acting and dialogue
- "Junkpile" style hidden object scenes that were fun to play
- Spooky, suspenseful atmosphere; entered each new location with a sense of trepidation

Cons:
- (Story spoiler, highlight to read) Some of the characters seemed suspicious and it seemed like one of them was going to be revealed as not what they appeared at the end; there was a twist, but it was something else.

The Bottom Line:
A slightly older game, but very high quality. Hidden object scenes, puzzles and story were all good!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Aug 23, 11 10:19 AM
For a creepy game this one was alot of fun. There was even one bit that gave me a start (I nearly jumped out of my chair). I played this one first then went to play Curse of the Opera, still not sure which one is first or second. At any rate both games are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone who loves hidden object games.

foghatdw
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by foghatdw on Sep 18, 11 11:50 AM
Reading all the previous reviews it seems as folks are talking about a different game than I played. Or rather, tried to play.
I've played so many great games that may have made this one too easy and the game play boring.
IMO, the HOG's spoiled the flow of the game and I found myself rolling my eyes at their simplicity. Only puzzle was a challenge and it was more tedious than complex.
I'm beginning to get the feeling that I've exhausted all the good games.
I'm glad so many players enjoyed the game. It just missed me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 29, 11 7:33 PM
grabbinbugs wrote:One spooky game...lot's of creepy stuff that goes bump in the night. Very nice graphics and eerie music. Well done voice overs. An IHOG with objects that are fairly easy to find...there are some hiding in the dark though. Good story, kinda creepy but good. The dolls alone would give anyone the heebie jeebies. Definitely a buy here.

Just finished...this is a great game!!! one of the best I have played.

I'm quoting grabbinbugs because I really agree. Definite buy for me, too.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 29, 11 7:38 PM
vicalana wrote:Reminded me of RTR too. Very creepy. Wonderful stuff - and I particularly liked the help with navigation. Fantastic idea. Real response to those who (like me) have a poor sense of direction (actually I have none) and get a bit fed up wandering around.

What is RTR?

DeeBeth
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by DeeBeth on Oct 29, 11 7:42 PM
roaming wrote:
vicalana wrote:Reminded me of RTR too. Very creepy. Wonderful stuff - and I particularly liked the help with navigation. Fantastic idea. Real response to those who (like me) have a poor sense of direction (actually I have none) and get a bit fed up wandering around.

What is RTR?

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. It's often abbreviated as RTR in the forums.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 30, 11 2:39 AM
Ah, thank you!

Smilebug32
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Smilebug32 on Dec 25, 11 4:54 PM
Loved the game spent about two hours and forty-five minutes to play, and fully enjoyed the story line. The characters were great and made the game more fun to play. It got confusing a few times but looking at the walkthrough explained it.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 7:42 AM
I bough this game on a sale and I got my money worth, this game story line is one of my favorite, beside ghost, vampire, this crazy asylum, hospital type of story is right there in my favorite ones.

Nice graphics, it gives you an creepy feeling and the challenge is great.

Go to: