Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kmsim15 on Oct 31, 10 9:38 PM
Awesome game, but scary as hell! I am a big Phantom of the Opera buff and I think I have read every Phantom of the Opera book and watched every movie version. I thought this game had amazingly beautiful graphics a really neat storyline (even if it is really creepy). And I thought the extras were great and really worth it, though I would have appreciated it if they had skipped including the original novel and added another long extra seek and find screen and resolved the storyline. I think that there should definitely be a sequel because I really wanted to know how the story ended. My only two complaints are that I thought the game was too scary and that they made the Phantom into too much of a horrific person with hardly any margin for the player to make any connection to his character. And I really the three words: To Be Continued, I think that for how much Big Fish Games charged for the game that there would have been an ending to the story. So, make a sequel, make it less scary and resolve the story!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 31, 10 9:40 PM
grammybeach wrote:How do you get to the different levels? I don't know how to enter the basement or upper levels.

To enter the basement you must first give the Phantom a black rose in the powder room mirror. After you give him the rose the mirror will shatter and you may enter the basement through the Spy Room behind the mirror. If you look on your map, you will see a few rooms that have different colored arrows on them. Those rooms are your access points to other levels.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Nov 1, 10 7:33 AM

I played the free hour on sat and absolutely loved it, but as I only had 1 stamp on my card it seemed a waste, so will be buying it this week.

But what I played it was great, and Im also one of those people that tend to trot around out of sequence, cant wait to get back into it.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 1, 10 7:45 AM
kmsim15 wrote:Awesome game, but scary as hell! I am a big Phantom of the Opera buff and I think I have read every Phantom of the Opera book and watched every movie version. I thought this game had amazingly beautiful graphics a really neat storyline (even if it is really creepy). And I thought the extras were great and really worth it, though I would have appreciated it if they had skipped including the original novel and added another long extra seek and find screen and resolved the storyline. I think that there should definitely be a sequel because I really wanted to know how the story ended. My only two complaints are that I thought the game was too scary and that they made the Phantom into too much of a horrific person with hardly any margin for the player to make any connection to his character. And I really the three words: To Be Continued, I think that for how much Big Fish Games charged for the game that there would have been an ending to the story. So, make a sequel, make it less scary and resolve the story!

Welcome to the pond

I'm currently playing the game and I don't find it to scary so far....may be it will be getting worth but I prefer not to know and I'm ok with scary games.

I don't know the story very well but reading your post, I would like knowing more about this character !

I love this game, the graphics, the music and...of course the fact that it happened in France.... What a beautiful Eiffel Tower at the beginning !!!!

I think I'll read your post a second time when I finish the game and see if I agree with you

marie

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 1, 10 7:47 AM
marie1931...

Once you finish the game, the extras will be available to you.

Besides the bonus game, there is the complete novel by Gaston LeRoux that you can read.

pipsplace
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pipsplace on Nov 1, 10 3:14 PM
What a fantastic game. Its taken me nearly two weeks to get to the bonus game. My free trial ran out too soon so I had to buy CE, but it was money well spent. I love Hidden Object games, but this one was so different from the norm.

Will there be a follow up game? I hope so.
I Loved this game and hope others will enjoy it as much as I have.
Many thanks.

[Post New]by PeggyZ on Nov 2, 10 3:19 PM
One word - AWESOME. All the details across the board were so well balanced. Anything more I would say here is repeating the other reviews. If for some unknown reason, there is anyone out there that hasn't already gotten this....GO, RUN, BUY.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Nov 2, 10 10:01 PM
What a fantastic game, I loved it! This is the 2nd CE I've gotten, and it was absolutely worth it to me. I have never read The Phantom of the Opera, and I am looking forward to reading it to learn more about the story. I haven't tried the bonus game yet. I hope there is a sequel. I did not find this too scary or The Phantom horrific, by the way, a little creepy at times, but I never felt like I had to play the game in the full light of day! The strategy guide and map were very helpful, and when I felt really stuck, I did resort to consulting a walkthrough a couple of times that I found by searching online. I had the page up before I started the game, and when I need to go online to see the walkthrough for the next step, I clicked on "alt", pressing it down, then "tab" at the same time, and there was the webpage, without having to exit the game. Just a helpful tip. I would love to see more games like this, what a beautiful and compelling game, the story really drew me in.

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Nov 4, 10 6:15 AM
Being a Phantom of the Opera phan, I purchased this game sight-unseen and never regretted it. The graphics are lovely and spooky and all-together very fitting. Erik is portrayed very well, creepy/obsessed with Christine, more than a little insane, and definitely very Leroux. So much awesome contained in one little game and both my teen and I loved the atmosphere and voice actor for Erik. Wonderful job!

If there is to be a sequel, I would love to see more of the tunnels beneath the Garnier, especially the mirrored torture chamber (now that would make an interesting room in the game!|), and perhaps the graveyard at Perros-Guirec.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Nov 4, 10 8:52 AM
This was the first CE I ever bought. Wanted to wait for the regular version but my DS didn't know what to get me for my B-Day so I told him to let me buy this game. It is a fantastic game and I will definately replay it some time. However, one thing that drove me slightly mad: Towards the end I found myself running about like a blue-bottomed fly and I found that a bit exhausting. It took me about five and half hours to complete, which is a good length, needed to take advise from the built-in guide a few times though.
I totally loved the puzzles, very well done , not to difficult and not to easy and apart from opening some doors with the same system there was a really good selection of them.
The only thing I didn't get at all is the end . Perhaps somebody who did get it could PM me, as I don't want to spoilt things for anybody.

confused365
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by confused365 on Nov 4, 10 12:36 PM
Play this game with a 3-D GPU! While the graphics are great in 2-D, in 3-D they pop out at you! Can't tell you how many times the Phantom made me jump & the depth of the falling snow - - spent more time looking around than playing.

Very well done for those of us who like the 'darker' games.....

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Nov 4, 10 1:25 PM
The story was totally lame, the graphics adequate -nothing more than that, the mini games were absolutely laughable! All in all, a great disapointment!

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Nov 5, 10 6:17 AM
Thanks for posting all the great reviews. Can't wait to try this game. My first game was Return to Ravenhurst and it is hard to find games that live up to that standard!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 5, 10 6:25 AM
Georgieflip... welcome!

While there are some who weren't overly impressed, it's just my own humble opinion that this game is right up there with Return to Ravenhearst!! If you decide to buy this, I hope you will enjoy this as much as you did RTR.

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Nov 5, 10 1:39 PM
I Love everything POTO including this game. it was so creepy and raw. The only thing that i didnt like was that the map was so spreed out that it took so long to get from one end to the other. There were no short cuts at all. But other than that I really hope they make a sequal to this game. Please dont leave us hanging with that ending! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Nov 5, 10 2:23 PM
This is one of the best games I have played. It is worth the money... I haven't finished it yet. I kind of wish it would go on and on and on. I recommend it.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Nov 6, 10 4:01 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:

While there are some who weren't overly impressed, it's just my own humble opinion that this game is right up there with Return to Ravenhearst!! If you decide to buy this, I hope you will enjoy this as much as you did RTR.

I certainly enjoyed this games as much as RTR It is the first ever CE I have bought and well worth the money in my opinion. I loved it! I played it on my own laptop and then downloaded again onto my son's PC and played through a bit further and was unable to resist any longer; Loved the graphics, the music, the hidden object scenes... and thank goodness for such a brilliant SG because I got stuck a few times. I think it's got replay value too (RTR is the only iHOG type game I have ever played more than once) which is saying something for me. Glad I gave into my whim and bought this one.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Nov 6, 10 9:47 AM
Absolutely loved it from start to finish. Requires alot of back and forth thru the rooms and levels so noting down things to do for each room helps alot.

The bonus game was fun too but the ending was not as expected (not spoiling it for others).

mompea
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by mompea on Nov 6, 10 11:41 PM
I am thoroughly enjoy this rather challenging game-for me it's challenging. I am wandering around, aimlessly at times, but ultimately I seem to find my way. Thanks for the info that a map is bust behind the journal. It was 3-4 hours into this game and I never noticed the little "map" tag. If I hadn't come to this forum I still might be wandering around aimlessly trying to remember ways back to rooms I had found so easily earlier on in the game.

The art work deserves special kudos, but a few lashes with a wet noodle over whoever thought up of hiding bleu cheese in a blue and white room. I nearly went mad, but it was a good maddening frustration.

Definitely worth the money. At the rate I'm going I might finish by Christmas. But it will be a Happy Christmas!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Nov 7, 10 1:52 AM
Absolutely Fantastic Game, with Fanastic Graphics and awesome sounds. I really Love this one! Well worth $13.99. The story is kinda sad though ... if I was her I would stay with him ... now that kind of "passionate all-consuming love" is not something you find every day!

Go to: