Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by theimortal1974 on Jan 23, 11 10:47 AM
this game is amazing last night i started playing around 7 oclock and didn't stop until i finished the game and the extra stuff at around 1am. i have never sat down and finished a game in one sitting. this is the game i wish the latest mystery casefiles was like.

the only thing i can knock this game on is the concentration chess board puzzle. the symbols look so similar they run together and made it very hard to figure it out. and then it's repeated again in the extra part. other than that the puzzles were interesting and made me want to pass them without skipping, even the complete the circuit puzzle and i suck at those.

the hidden object scenes were not too hard and not too easy. the story was a lot of the reason why i kept playing until i was done. and the soundtrack was beautiful.

kiciak77
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kiciak77 on Jan 24, 11 5:38 AM
Yes it's a buy for me !!! The game is great and scaaaaryyyyy. A lot of puzzles, things to find, items to interact so after 10 minutes of play I bought it and I know that it was goood decision.

And I am so proud that this game is POLISH PRODUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by MeauxJeaux on Jan 24, 11 1:09 PM
I have been reading through the posts so far, while the demo is dl'ing. I can't wait to dip my toes in the water!

I have a few demo's that I have been playing with a few mins at a time, hoping to be able to decide which one to purchase. Money is a bit tight, and as much as I would like to buy them all, I have to limit myself to just a few games a month.

I was about to get 13 Skulls, but then started reading all the wonderful comments on Phantasmat, so now I have to try to decide! Off to demo-land all you fishies, I hope this one is as much fun as everyone has been saying!

(ps as you can all tell I am new here! I can't believe how helpful all the comments are, and the walk-throughs ect I have been seeing. Wonderful site, wish I would have found it sooner!)

[Post New]by MeauxJeaux on Jan 24, 11 2:06 PM
Wow! 4o mins went by like a blink, I was enjoying myself so much! I think I will have to buy this one and wait till next month for 13 Skulls. I for one hardly EVER go back and replay games after I have gone through them, but I can tell right now, that I will replay this one again and again! My two favorite games are **** and match 3, so this is like having my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one! Awesome job!

[Post New]by susieworld on Jan 24, 11 10:30 PM
Three words: BEST GAME EVER!!!

The Collector's Edition is SO worth the price and the built in strategy guide is the best I've seen. So user friendly!

Don't bother testing this one - BUY BUY BUY!

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Jan 25, 11 1:19 PM
I loved this game had no tec problems playing which was nice for a change. the graphics were lovely and loved the creepy cast.

[Post New]by sandimae1214 on Jan 25, 11 2:01 PM
This is my favorite game thus far. It is the first game that I've been able to get all the way through with no errors or "hang ups" . . . and there was a story that I liked and thus wanted to know all there was to know. Simply put: Great Game BF! Many thanks!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 27, 11 5:26 AM
I am starting to regret the purchase of this game one hidden object after the other what is it you like about this game?I am hoping it gets better I have just found the tape

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 27, 11 1:14 PM
Hi Miniatures,
You do realize that this is a Hidden Object game, right?
m

rob6ert
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by rob6ert on Jan 27, 11 1:36 PM
don't know if this is right place question where is the sol key for the piano or am i crazy bout the hint in the walkthru

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 27, 11 1:49 PM
rob6ert wrote:don't know if this is right place question where is the sol key for the piano or am i crazy bout the hint in the walkthru

What do you mean crazy bout the hint in the walkthru? I don't have my game accessible right now. Where did the strategy guide tell you to look for the sol note? I remember the notes are:
SPOILER: highlight to read
mayor's grave
bench
tombstones on left
grave on right as entering
memorial and lighted candle
"la" is on piano

Don't exactly understand your question.
m

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 27, 11 5:37 PM
I have finished this game today. It took me appr. 7 hours plus 30 minutes for the bonusgames. I highly recommend it to all hog-lovers. I would say this is one of the best ihogs I have ever played. Maybe better as the mcf-series

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Jan 27, 11 9:40 PM
just had to comment after finally deciding to take the plunge and buy this game... GLAD I DID! Beautiful graphics, wonderful music that got more and more creepy all the way til the end. Great story. Worth every penny. Now its off to play the extra content...!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 28, 11 8:16 AM
I know it is a hidden object but every other scene?

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jan 28, 11 2:58 PM
This is a terrific game. Absolutely beautiful graphics with neat places to go, and I really like the voice-over presentation [my fav] to move the story forward. Sound effects were realistic, and the dam action in the end made me want to get out of there pronto . Puzzles were varied while staying consistent with the theme of the game, and a great touch was giving us the choice of finding the items in the HOG scenes [and there were lots and lots...thanks ] or playing Match-3 [the effects in this mode were explosive and fun] to solve. Of course, buying the CE gave me the "can't-do-without" strategy guide which helped me more than once! This is a very well done adventure/HOG that I spent many fun hours on, and that I highly recommend ........... ....... .......*smack

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Jan 29, 11 3:15 PM
This is my first "collector's edition," the only game I have found (so far) worth the additional cost. I am very impressed with the demo, the graphics, the overall feel... style of the game, but I will let you know my final... honest review once I have completed it. I would like to ask... what other games has this designer created? I want to check them out as well...

Michelle

[Post New]by blanca257 on Jan 30, 11 6:27 AM
wow wow!!!!! what an awesome game kept me up all night! I couldn't stop!lol.Big fish hit a homerun with this one. The story was awesome. The interactions brilliant. It was a lot of fun. With this ecconomy I don't get to say this too often but here goes "It was money well spent!"

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Jan 30, 11 6:43 AM
Well I beat the game... that was fast... I know. I have mixed feelings about this game, but overall positive. Basic ratings...

Graphics - 4 out of 5, beautiful, but limited number of characters, environments, interaction etc.

Story - 3 out of 5, I got a little bored after awhile, the story lost its original appeal because the game became monotonous. SPOILER ALERT!!!!! BEGIN - I wasn't surprised by the ending at all, I predicted a lot of it early on. I am a little tired of the car accident, ghostly woman scorned theme. -END OF SPOILER!!!!!

Music - 3 out of 5, not bad, but not worth the collector edition extra either... the music is a little more irritating, disruptive, rather than soothing and subtle... it is noticeable... but not always in a good way.

Voices - 4 out of 5, good. It was decent voice acting, but the limited number of interactive characters made them a little annoying and boring after awhile. I also didn't find it scary like a lot of people, it was pretty mild.

Challenge - 3 out of 5, not bad. It became repetitive and I thought it was too easy. I don't want a game that is so hard I give up... but then again I don't want something that is so easy that I stop caring.

The overall appeal to this game was the graphics, but that was lost in a dull story with limited characters, environments, and uninteresting interaction. Overall I give this game a 3 out of 5, it is worth playing, but I don't think it was worth the price. I would make this game available for 6.99, you don't need the strategy guide... it is easy; you don't need all the bells and whistles because the story isn't that great. Sorry... just being honest...

Michelle

refrezherator
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by refrezherator on Jan 30, 11 12:10 PM
Good atmosphere, but too many HOS

[Post New]by sarkis on Feb 1, 11 12:19 PM
gmac1007 wrote:WOW !!!!! Creepy and scary never looked so good this game jumps off the screen and grabs you ! It pulls you all the way in!!! What a AWESOME game ! Beautiful graphics freaking scary atmosphere just has it all what more can I say ! This game is just WOW ! Bought it and loving every minute of it. The old dude even looks like the guy from the movie Phantasm I couldn't believe the resemblance. Voice over's are wonderful everything is so crisp and clear and easy to see and if you don't feel like looking for stuff you can switch it to a match 3 which I thought was a really cool touch and something that is very new. I can't say enough good things about this game it is just great if you don't play anymore games this year you have to try this one you want be disappointed. It is great from the get go it is one that pulls you in from the beginning and takes you for a ride. This game is simply CREEPYLICIOUS! Thanks so much Big Fish for this scary jewel. Love it !

Go to: