sm100554
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by sm100554 on Mar 19, 11 7:58 PM
Loading and loading and loading!!! What is going on with this game.??? It is so clunky and strange. I am very disappointed, sorry I bought it. It looked promising but it is just so slow.

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Mar 21, 11 6:59 AM
I definitely enjoyed this game. I didn't have any loading issues, like others have mentioned. Except for the very last cut scene, which was super slow. The rest of the game behaved very well and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Not too many **** scenes, which I appreciated. Those get annoying after awhile. Graphics were good. Storyline was great. I liked it! Looking forward to the next chapter.

[Post New]by jetersh on Mar 24, 11 12:03 AM
I loved the game! Even though it left you in the middle of the plot, I had so much fun playing it I didn't care. And I can't wait for the next one. I loved the way the hidden object games were placed within the plot, along with other fun puzzles. And the humor in the main character was great! I have to admit....if it wasn't for the hint jar, I would have gotten stuck a few times. Loved that jar too!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 26, 11 10:28 PM
OK, I have now finished the game.

I have to say, I never thought it would be that good. I would put this game way up there. It's probably one of the best HOGs I've ever played, and I've played many. BF is the recipient of hundreds of dollars from me. Five Stars. Bravo.

I didn't want to like it. The music seemed trite when it first came on, and I hate vampire games. The vampire thing seems trite and overhyped now. When I grew up, vampires were mean and evil and symbolized spiritual warfare, so the very beginning scene, when Dahlia complains she can't get to Tiffanys - with that affected voice - I knew I would hate it. How silly.

But I gave it 5 minutes - and it sucked me in bigtime. I loved the graphics, the puzzles were the right difficulty, the story was strangely intriging and -wonder of wonders - there were no tiny, dark objects to find in the HOG scenes. I also like the sharp cursor - I don't see people complain about it - but a cursor is such an important thing in a game! Clear HOGs and a sharp cursor that doesn't do gymnastics when you overclick is great.

Oh, the game length was very good. Took me quite a while without hints. So I don't mind that the games only half over. Each character was so interesting - I looked forward to finding each one and also anticipate finding the last group in part 2.

The one downer (besides the entrance song - country? for a Tiffany shopping vampire? - was seeing so many deaths. Not only creepy types, but heroic types like the pig farmer. Didn't really like that.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 10:30:59 PM PST

[Post New]by LadySatel on Apr 15, 11 9:17 PM
Well I was enjoying playing this game and then ran right into a part where I can not figure out what to do next. The hints are of no help. the book has a couple of clues, but nothing to help a gamer move forward.

Not really happy about this situation.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 19, 11 12:05 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I thought it was great! Since I read the reviews, I already knew that this was part 1 of a 2 part game, so I wasn't furious when I hit the end.

I don't think I skipped any of the mini-games! Even the ones that were similar to mini-games I've played before had a new twist that made it worth playing towards the end. There weren't any dull sliding-tiles or jigsaw puzzles at all.

SPOILER ALERT
For instance, the pig puzzle was a standard music puzzle that's featured in many games. The fact that they used well-known songs rather than atonal random notes and that the music was played on pigs instead of picked out on a piano made it interesting enough for me to struggle through it. I also thought that the challenge of having to get the timing of the music right as well as picking the proper notes made it more interesting.

I hate whack-a-mole, but the change in the "enemy of the people" each time you played made it more fun and interesting somehow. I beat it both times instead of just thinking "Oh, whack-a-mole" and quitting in disgust like I usually do.

I also really enjoyed the use and re-use of the clothing shopping machine throughout the game. The first time I used it, I thought it was going to be a dumb girly dress-up extra frill that other people would enjoy toying with (but not me) and instead it was important to the plot and was used in a practical way many times.

Hopefully the game designers are reading this thread, so I thought I'd offer some constructive criticism. Some of the objects in the hidden object scenes are re-used, which takes all the fun out of hidden object sequences. I always remember exactly where they were! Boooo. Since we only got the first half of the game, and there were plenty of objects that weren't used at all in the scenes, it seems like it wouldn't have been too terribly expensive to change out the hidden objects if the scenes are to be used a second time.

The instructions could have been a little clearer. I wandered around with nothing to do for quite a while before I realized that I could go back to previous locations in order to find objects that I needed. I also was looking around for the "vampire sense" button for a while before I realized that there is no button, you just can't use it unless the game calls for you to use it. For some reason I thought it was like the magnifying glass tool that's available in many other games.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 19, 11 12:07 AM
Why do I have to confirm my email again and again every time I want to post on the forums? It's seriously making me not want to post at all

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Apr 26, 11 12:07 AM
Finished playing this game a week or so ago and really enjoyed it. The graphics were excellent, and the voiceovers were well done. The puzzles were integrated into the story extremely well, and hint system helped throughout the whole game and not just during the hidden object scenes. Definitely a game worth playing. :o)

PhyllisLG
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisLG on May 3, 11 5:52 AM
Any idea when the second part of the game will be coming out? Can't wait!

[Post New]by new_bellydancer on May 14, 11 8:37 AM
I enjoyed this game a lot, but it was not worth 6.99 because it was a super short game. I beat it like a few hours and using only 1 hint. I would recommend buying it if its on sale. Other then that great graphics and story.

[Post New]by WickdGrrl on May 29, 11 8:10 AM
My 1st game purchase in a long time - loved the humor/sass. Easy to play(which is a good/bad imho) - I miss the snark (here) in the other **** games - which can get a bit, ahuh, next, boring puzzle.... A bit short. More in this vein (haha) soon, please!

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Jun 5, 11 6:49 PM
I found the game very entertaining. I was worried after reading previous reviews about game length and this game being part I of II, but it broke in a natural place and the length of the game was appropriate.
I loved the attitude of the game. Daliah's sarcasm was refreshing and kept the game from being too dark like other horror games. Sure, they're lovely too, this was appropriate.

Others before me gave plenty of commentary on the actual mechanics of the game play and I don't have anything to add there.

I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

[Post New]by stelpa on Jun 13, 11 3:33 AM
I really enjoyed this game. The humor, varied gameplay and fun characters, along with a great atmosphere and music. I'm curious as to the sequel though - any news? I'd love to play it ^^

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Jun 20, 11 2:10 AM
I've got a feeling that I am still the little girl when I was playing this game! the characters are so cartoonish if I am allowed to say that word, but still I loved it!
and the Charlaine is super cool!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jun 27, 11 10:53 AM
I've never read anything by Charlaine Harris but I found this game incredibly good. And then I saw that Jane Jensen worked on the game and it all made sense. The artwork was amazing and all of the locations were really interesting. The story was interesting with actual good lines of dialogue and great voice acting, especially by Dahlia, whose lines were delivered perfectly.

I absolutely loved the consistent world vision. You really got the sense that this is a living (and undead?), breathing world where vampires are integrated into human society and there's lots of little details to contribute to this. I'm not sure whether they come from the novels or from the game designers but I really appreciate this. There was so much great humour (a rarity in casual games) and all of the characters had so much personality.

Probably the biggest compliment I can give is that it felt like playing a game from 15 years ago in terms of quality and story. Will definitely be getting Part 2 whenever that comes out.

(BTW, this was an average length game for a HOG. Don't understand why people are complaining about getting "ripped off" or something similar just because this is part 1 of 2. I understand getting pissed off because the story isn't resolved at the end, but the quality of this game is much higher than almost every game in this genre and it's not any shorter, so saying "ripped off" is misleading.)

Ayija
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Ayija on Jul 4, 11 6:13 PM
I loved this game.
And I am usually not that big a fan, of hidden objects game.
But with the point and click adventure, the story, the characters and the whole feeling of the game.
Gosh, I got sucked in.

I am dying to play the sequel. If anyone, hears anything about a release date.
Please, for the love of god, speak up!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 23, 11 1:18 AM
Forgot to review this game since it released. This is another great great HOG, great story, beautiful graphics, gripping gameplay, fun puzzles and good HOG scenes. Maybe it can make you feel a bit confuse but overall this game is GREAT!!!! I love the music of the game, maybe the game with the best music i've ever played, voice overs are also fantastic!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Music: A*
Story: A
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

[Post New]by malibu728 on Jul 26, 11 2:32 PM
I am still waiting for Part 2 of the Dying for Daylight game. Does anyone have any idea when this will be released. My daughter and I loved part 1 and are very anxious to play part 2.

[Post New]by Demetrya on Aug 7, 11 10:39 AM
Loved the game, loved the music, loved Tinderbelle! But hated that the game is so short. Does anyone knows if there is some updates about episodes 5-8?

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Aug 14, 11 2:30 PM
This game was intriguing, creative, and even humorous in a vampire sort of way! I was not ready for the game to end. There was a lot of interaction between scenes, people, animals, and cities. When using the hint button, you were given choices about which task you needed help in solving. The answer was then written in the book. I found that very helpful. The puzzles were not difficult, just had to think about the options. I look forward to purchasing the sequel after it is developed. I'm becoming more and more impressed with the I-PLAY developers. Thanks to everyone!

Go to: