Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by L_Sugar on Jul 28, 11 6:52 PM

when i play the game, it shifts to the side and i can't see all of the picture

anyone know how i can fix this, i really like it and i want to get it.

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on Aug 7, 11 12:28 AM
I quite enjoyed this game. The artwork looks beautiful, and it had lovely cutscenes. All the puzzles were fun, and where to progress made sense without being too obvious. The game also had a sense of humour, which I enjoyed. The only thing I wish was that it was a little bit longer...

And I felt bad hurting the dragon. Hehe.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 5, 11 2:48 AM
Well I'm glad I waited to get this game on a sale a few months back and not pay full price...I even wish I waited till it was a DD now. I'm a total slowpoke and this game is WAAAAAY short.

I didn't think it was very humorous either.. unlike Vampireville that was hilarious! This was also a very easy game, except for the 2 times I got stuck, only because its easy to miss some items because the graphics were very dark even with my brightness adjusted. Maybe it's just me, but I was disappointed and ended up wondering what all the hype was. Story was lame, mini games unique..but very easy. H0 scenes were a breeze, only took me seconds to find all the items. I really had to force myself to finish it (thank goodness it was short) and kept wondering when the "funny" "good" parts were.. then BAM The End.

And why even give us the option to dress him? You can't go further without doing so..its totally pointless! Should just be find the clothing and go on.

Oh well. Just not my cup of tea. Glad some enjoyed it, but as a lover of more difficult, less cartoonish/childish and darker games..this is definitely not mine! A regrettable buy for me.

2 s and a ..I gave it 2 s because, at least it wasn't an HdO game!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 5, 11 7:24 PM
This is the most amazing game I have played on BF for a long time. Had a beginning and a very enjoyable ending. The puzzles are very difficult. The storyline is consistant and engaging. The music is not irratable. There are many lands to explore and many places in each land to find and solve riddles. I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THIS GAME AND WOULD LOVE MORE LIKE IT. I'm very glad I bought it. Thank you BF

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Sep 13, 11 1:50 PM
I had so much fun playing this game! Light hearted, and still challenging, and so funny!!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 28, 11 8:04 PM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:

And why even give us the option to dress him? You can't go further without doing so..its totally pointless! Should just be find the clothing and go on.

I think the idea was that since you have an option to dress or not dress, if you don't dress him in the armor, when you get to the two soldiers on the way to the dragon, they won't let you pass. They tell you that you have to be dressed as a knight. Just a quirk by the devs, I guess.

I love the graphics, the HOG scenes and puzzles (I'm not the sharpest tack when it comes to puzzles), the only complaint about the HOGs is I had a hard time finding an accordian--who would have expected a white one? And a Moon Battery. Okay, it had "moon" in the name, but still, if it had simply said "moon" I probably would have found it on my own. I had to use a hint. Yes, it was moon-shaped, but there wasn't anything "battery" looking about it!

I'll probably wait on this one although I'll keep it on my buy list. I enjoyed it, but some people say it's very short, others say 5-6 hours. I'll probably read more reviews about the length. The walkthrough looked pretty long, and I never play in hard mode. Casual mode takes me long enough!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Oct 2, 11 11:58 AM
What a Surprise ! I was expecting a childish cartoon type of game. I soon discovered this is definitely NOT CHILD'S PLAY. I think others have said all that I can say ... everything is top-notch. I particularly liked the puzzles ... a lot of new slants that are really challenging. (Thank goodness for walkthroughs).

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 12:01:27 PM PST

[Post New]by gram43 on Oct 6, 11 7:36 PM
I've just started this game but I'm sure I'll buy it. I have found it challenging but more than anything the humor. It's not dark and ghoulish but still a mystery. Can't wait to see the dragon........

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Nov 15, 11 11:35 PM
Loved it! This is a great, fun, fast-moving game with plenty of humor and great art and locations. Very clever in-jokes if you look for them, too. I enjoyed the mini-games and would like to play some of them again, like the game with Bobo the Sage. I'll be looking for more games from this maker.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Dec 30, 11 11:06 PM
I did the trial on this one yesterday, since it made the top 60 for art. After that I did 3 more trials, and played two and a half very engrossing full length games. When I had the "game is over let down" feeling, I realized I'd been actually thinking about The Fool all day. That's pretty good for someone with short term memory loss, as the game reviews tend to run together in my memory. This one really does have something different, and of course, incredible graphics!

I give it five starfish

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 2, 12 10:40 AM
Bought this game as it was a prize winner.. Oh yes the graphics were superb.. As a working artist I am so jealous and appreciative of the graphic art..
I really loved this game I laughed often and really enjoyed the minigames and not overloaded with HOS... reminded me of Drawn and dream chronicles PLease more like this .. going to check developers to see what else they have to offer. Happy new year to all pond dwellers

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 2, 12 10:55 AM
Bought this game as it was a prize winner.. Oh yes the graphics were superb.. As a working artist I am so jealous and appreciative of the graphic art..
I really loved this game I laughed often and really enjoyed the minigames and not overloaded with HOS... reminded me of Drawn and dream chronicles PLease more like this .. going to check developers to see what else they have to offer. Happy new year to all pond dwellers

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 2:46 PM
This game is a cute littler parody of your typical Princess dragon story fantasy, quite good to tell the truth, I like the graphics, mini games and is very funny.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Feb 12, 12 7:57 PM
Good game. The graphics were well done and the story had a wit to it that kept it interesting. The puzzles were challenging, but not too hard. It was a good length...I am in bed with the flu today so I played pretty much straight through and it took me about 3 to 4 hours total playtime. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Apr 1, 12 9:24 AM
Oh my gosh! What a GREAT game! Absolutely love this one, . Thanks! This is only the second game I've ever played twice back to back at one sitting. Way cool!

The story was just too cute. Loved the ending.
The graphics, while comic book style, were clear and nice to look at.
The HO scenes weren't too junky, and the interactive parts were very well done. Much better than average.

Absolutely NO downsides at all for me.

MORE like this, please!!!

Kat

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Apr 1, 12 12:51 PM
Already own "The Fool" and loved it.... a tried and true adventure.

Perfect game to start our April gaming on April Fool's day, anyway.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Apr 1, 12 1:37 PM
What a perfect game to buy on April Fools Day! Thanks everyone for your comments ... I know that I won't be foolish to buy the game without a test drive.

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Apr 8, 12 5:07 AM
VERY GOOD GAME!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 15, 12 11:09 PM
Finally after a year, I finally finished playing it, and I must say it was a dissappointment.
I don't have widescreen but it still had black bars (and I have games auto set to stretch which didn't even work).

I liked the premise and the story but by half way through I got bored. The saving bit in the game was some of the puzzles, they weren't the usual really really easy offering.
I just felt I had done it all before, the interactions, the adventure side.

I didn't really like the graphics either, even the hidden object scenes were boring. If it played on fullscreen maybe I would have gotten into it more. I know I am jaded by playing nearly every SE HOPA that comes out, so if you aren't as jaded as me maybe it will please.

overall a and a half out of 5

Edited on 04/15/2012 at 11:45:01 PM PST

[Post New]by saltygirl72 on May 10, 12 9:48 PM
Cute, cute, cute game

I was getting a little burned out on HOGS and this is just what I needed. Different, light, funny and the mini games were fun. I really loved moving the stars around to make a picture.

Some may say it is short and dated but I paid 2.99 for it and was very happy with my purchase.

Go to: