Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by carole081668 on Oct 10, 13 6:39 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

We've been hard at work trying to get to the bottom of why some users are not seeing their progress saving after the update.

Our testing has found that this may be related to how the game, the save file and the system are interacting.

If you're having this issue, we'd like for you to restart the computer before trying to play the game again. This will alter how the system and the save data interact with each other and should get everything saving as expected again.

If you find that you're still having trouble, please reach out to <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Customer Support </a> so that we can work with you to gather some more information to help our teams investigate further.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Hi Good day to you

Thanks for replying but... how about for those people who have been missing our daily bonus??? It's part of the fun to play the game and also one of the reasons to play the game everyday.

Sorry but I didn't see you helping with this problem, and yes, I did restart the game like three times already. I live in Asia, and that makes me missing the bonus three days already

Can you help? Please?

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 10, 13 7:01 PM
Save your profile,,,,,http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/254078.page....

[Post New]by babytatts on Oct 11, 13 1:51 AM
I am also experiancing this annoying problem, although I am getting daily bonus (day one) it has robbed me of the diamonds I had built up over the past few days, please fix this

What on earth did you do?

[Post New]by wishnot on Oct 11, 13 4:36 AM
I rue the day I installed the new update.
If I ever do play this game again, I don't think I'll be updating again.
Got so frustrated after repeating the same part about a hundred times, getting same results after repeatedly bebooting, plus getting no response from Tech Team that I deleted the whole game file to start over.
Now I'm stuck with playing the tutorial over and over again....
Was enjoying this game so much before the update that I was seriously considering buying diamonds, but now am tremendously relieved that I didn't.
Don't know if I'll enjoy this game again.

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 4:38:11 AM PST

[Post New]by skidnscram on Oct 11, 13 7:38 AM
I am sad, I didn't remember to follow Sandyfish's advice and save the folder. I hadn't had the problem with the game saving after the update as others. Then today.....reset . In thinking back I think that I had the game on thru midnight the first night which is over the game reset time period for the daily games and such. Maybe someone else can try and see if they can keep their game that way. Oh well back to opening the new island and SAVING the folder every day.

JerseyRon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JerseyRon on Oct 11, 13 1:40 PM
Here we go again. Tried to activate the new update, however, due to the glitch I had with the game manager (long story covered in the forum in Aug), I was totally unable to activate the update. So, I went in and deleted the game manager. Things went worse from there. Tried to get a new copy of the game manager from Big Fish, nope, keep getting an error message (no number or code) directing me to the help portion for help. Tried all and nothing worked. Now I can't even download ANYTHING from BF games! I sent an email fo Customer Support and received the standard email from them about it will take 24-72 to get a response. This is SOOOO frustrating!

JudyB1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JudyB1 on Oct 11, 13 2:17 PM
All the other updates were fine, this one downloaded and applied its self so fast I was surprised. But now I have no daily bonus.

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Oct 11, 13 7:17 PM
I only started playing this game at the beginning of the week. This afternoon I was mid way through level 11 and this evening when I went back in to play I am back to level 4. I can't think I went through any time issues - I am on E coast.

I am loath to keep playing back at level 4 in case there is something someone can do.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled in case that fixed it but to no avail.

Of course, going back to level 4 means none of my collections are there any more, or all the collectibles, quests, dragons, food etc that I had in my suitcase.

This sucks - it was just becoming addictive.

[Post New]by silvershade on Oct 12, 13 1:17 AM
SandyFish55 wrote:Well fellow fishies, I yet again are with you in the pond of sorrow..with the game not saving and reverting back to the lovely lock disapating and welcoming me to the new island. It appears there is a glitch in the code...most obvious. I'll explain, I play in the morning, save my profile...then when I play at night, save my profile. So when I logged on this evening viewed the lovely lock inviting me to the new island. And all was back to the beginning. So I loaded my last saved profle, game picked up where it was. And FYI, before I did so, I rebooted my pc...and it was still back to the opening of the new island screen. So its not you, but the program...and I sound like a broken record...save your profile!!!

Same problem here and boy, am I glad I saved my profile before updating.

[Post New]by Skrotramel on Oct 12, 13 3:33 AM
The game was working fine until I updated it. I went back to previous version still getting black screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times now I can't even start the game. I just get error message and it closes.

[Post New]by dmelissa1962 on Oct 12, 13 4:31 AM
I have been playing Found since it came out. I love this game, but I am having some issues. I was on level 110 going into 111, but this morning when I turned it on I am back to level 109 and I have to unlock the new island all over again. Why? The timed quests are start all over the next day as well. Some of the characters that are supposed to appear throughout the game do not appear so some of the quests can not be finished.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Oct 12, 13 10:28 AM
Have you addressed the daily bonus issue? It appears that many of us have not received this feature since the latest update. This is very annoying.

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Oct 12, 13 12:35 PM
I am rather upset too, I am not getting daily bonus, or "Alter Ego's" of many of the floaters !!! I closed down at lunch time today and reopened a few hours later to find ------- ALL the areas I had opened on the new island was back to LOCKED , (I had opened all available) I was on Level 173 NOW BACK to level 169 --so this means the 2 lots of 120+ diamonds I have purchased since the update have been LOST too. !!! So upsetting to say the least !!

[Post New]by ms_lildreamer on Oct 12, 13 2:23 PM
I was so excited to download the new update. Played a lot yesterday and this morning. Had all but one new site open. Quit ofr a few hours, and when I come back, All my new sites are locked again, and I am back to level 87. I had gotten to 88 or 89, not sure which. I was going so good, too!

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 12, 13 6:24 PM
silvershade wrote:
SandyFish55 wrote:Well fellow fishies, I yet again are with you in the pond of sorrow..with the game not saving and reverting back to the lovely lock disapating and welcoming me to the new island. It appears there is a glitch in the code...most obvious. I'll explain, I play in the morning, save my profile...then when I play at night, save my profile. So when I logged on this evening viewed the lovely lock inviting me to the new island. And all was back to the beginning. So I loaded my last saved profle, game picked up where it was. And FYI, before I did so, I rebooted my pc...and it was still back to the opening of the new island screen. So its not you, but the program...and I sound like a broken record...save your profile!!!

Same problem here and boy, am I glad I saved my profile before updating.

Recommend to save your profile after every play to save current progress, it is easy to do. Saves the time and frustration...just sayin" take it from us that have been there done that!

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 6:26:27 PM PST

nekonyu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nekonyu on Oct 12, 13 7:31 PM
While I appreciate the advice, it's too little and too late. It also shouldn't be an issue since WE as the gameplayer shouldn't have to save our games. This isn't a regular console game like an old school rpg where the rule was save and save often. That we knew was our responsibility but games like this should be able to save on their own. And why bother putting out a supposed update when all it did was screw the majority of players over? Are they even going to compensate us in anyway for this HUGE inconvenience? I'm guessing not unfortunately. -end rant-

[Post New]by chrimarsh on Oct 12, 13 7:43 PM
Unfortunately, saving my profile worked for all last night and today... until this last time. I even had two save locations that I saved alternately to so that I could have a slightly earlier backup if my latest save didn't work. It seemed like overkill when I did it but tonight neither backup brought me back to my saved profile. So I am back at the beginning again. Time to take a break from this again. I quit spending money on this game in July, and I'm glad I did!

Katia123
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Katia123 on Oct 12, 13 10:37 PM
nekonyu wrote:While I appreciate the advice, it's too little and too late. It also shouldn't be an issue since WE as the gameplayer shouldn't have to save our games. This isn't a regular console game like an old school rpg where the rule was save and save often. That we knew was our responsibility but games like this should be able to save on their own. And why bother putting out a supposed update when all it did was screw the majority of players over? Are they even going to compensate us in anyway for this HUGE inconvenience? I'm guessing not unfortunately. -end rant-

I totally agree. I have spent a lot of time and money on this game. I know I shouldn't but this is getting ridiculous. I was so looking forward to this update. I had the Pirates Ghost problem. I was told I could start over and lose all the stuff I worked for, even the diamonds I paid for. Or just wait for the new update when everything would be better. So I waited. I played every day and built up a lot more diamonds and collections. And a lot more coin. And now? I waited a few days and updated and was totally enjoying the new update. Then this morning most all of the new island is closed again. I was so disgusted I didn't check to see what else was missing or wrong. I just wish they would wait till it was really done before they released the updates. I can wait, I was fine waiting.

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Oct 13, 13 12:15 AM
I'm not getting my daily bonus - and I need the extra coins as that dolphin just will NOT give me the tridents I need to get into the Coliseum ...

cthomas451
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by cthomas451 on Oct 13, 13 12:58 AM
so sad to hear of all the daily bonus issues but has anyone else noticed that the alter-ego "super floaters" still do not drop such as ghost pirate, warrior lemute and the cook? these were issues promised to be repaired with this update and yet they are not why?

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 12:59:50 AM PST

Go to: