Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 21, 13 9:17 AM
Is this a known issue?

Most days, when I log in, there are no new gamecenter friends to invite. This occurs even though I accept several new friends on gamecenter every day. Then, every once in a while, like today, I have a list that seems endless, probably at least 30 or so, and am offered the chance to collect silver for 10 or so, which I take instant advantage.

Odd thing is, many of the "new" people are already ones I recognize from my neighbor list.

These things need an organization scheme of some kind - if we are really expected to have 200 neighbors, we can't blindly be scrolling through a list all the time !

Also, I seem to be neighbors with a lot of people who aren't friend - ie, don't show up on my gamecenter friend list. Is this because of the real life vs gamecenter vs manor name vs Facebook name vs big fish name conflicts?

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 11:59:34 AM PST

TxRox83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by TxRox83 on Jul 21, 13 11:05 AM
Hallelujah!! It's BAAaaack! After 2 weeks I can once again play on my iPad mini. So happy to get to play on a screen where I can actually SEE the objects. Thanks to the BG staff for working so diligently & for always responding promptly to my pleas! Come visit me at Chateau Verrett Tx Rox

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 21, 13 12:31 PM
I see that minimising the game while it's loading a H0S (on an iPad 2) causes you to crash out of the game and loose the energy you spent. Is that the common experience?

[Post New]by Toughkitty07 on Jul 21, 13 2:54 PM
I play on an iPad mostly but also on my iPhone (linked through Facebook). I have completed the given troubleshooting steps provided on the site at least 5 times as well as deleting/reinstalling app 3 times.

The last 3 days the game has been taking away Juju in 3,000 increments. I have now lost about 50,000 Juju. It started with visiting friends, then playing within the Chapters, and now when I get kicked out because it froze or just entering the game. If I do anything but stay on my home page it costs me Juju. I didn't notice this was happening until it deleted about 15,000 Juju when I was visiting neighbors. Then it progressed to everything but home page. It also didn't count the roughly 15,000 Juju from the items I purchased prior (hadn't summoned yet) and during this time.

It also removes items (specifically the ice cream truck) and either puts it in the inventory or deletes it completely every time I leave the home page.

Before all of these issues it kept deleting either most to all of the items I purchased/earned. At times in conjunction it would regress me in all areas by at least 50%.

I have sent 4 emails/complaints through the site. They say to expect a response between 24-72 hours.

Love the game and would like to keep playing but can't because there's no benefit, only further damaging my progress.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 21, 13 3:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into problems with the game. While our team has been able to fix many of the issues that were occurring, there may still be some problems that come up when playing. Because troubleshooting mobile game problems is a bit tougher, we recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Support Team so they can look into any problems you're experiencing.

As a general precaution, it's always good to close all other applications before playing, then try restarting the game. It can also help to restart your device after closing all applications as well.

Hopefully that helps so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by woosprintfan11 on Jul 21, 13 5:57 PM
While playing on my iPad I cannot scroll through my neighbors. It stops at a certain point every time. I can see part of the next neighbors box. If I try to move it up it jumps back up and then will only scroll down to one certain neighbor.

[Post New]by FreddiedaFish on Jul 22, 13 9:25 AM
I have also had several thousand juju disappear over the last couple of days. Every time I open the game, more is missing. I play on an iPad.

ProfeSarah
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by ProfeSarah on Jul 22, 13 9:43 AM
I lost over 30,000 ju ju points today. every time I leave my mansion it drops. of course today is the day my circus will finally finish loading and I won't summon it because of the ju ju problem. i did submit a ticket with the mobile support team and thankfully I have a screen shot that is close to the ju ju points I should have.

ProfeSarah
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by ProfeSarah on Jul 22, 13 9:46 AM
I forgot to add that I also have attractions that keep returning to my inventory or rearranging randomly on my grounds too.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 22, 13 10:07 AM
I lost juju for the first time too today.

When I snoozed the game it was 103,611.
When I came back to it, some time later, after collecting juju from my 15 walkers, the total was 101,855.

The only changes today are that I received an award for 10 scores >1 million points and the additional gold allowed me to buy the Steam Punk Eye.

I am at level 22 and did not level up today.

Hope you find out what is causing this. Will try to remember to take screen shots going forward.

*iPad2 running 6.1.3

[Post New]by AprilRainbows on Jul 22, 13 4:27 PM
Has anyone stopped receiving new missions despite unlocking new scenes? This is different from earlier where the game was playing the same mission over again. I'm submitting a ticket to BF.

[Post New]by Marley5 on Jul 22, 13 6:02 PM
I am really enjoying this game but have recently run Ito a problem. I have 2 achievements to collect but nothing happens when I tap the collect button.
I have tried turning off my game and restarting, have even left it overnight and still can't collect,
Also can't seem to add neighbors. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I can't seem t figure out how to search for a particular manor. What do I need to do?

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 22, 13 7:33 PM
H Marley5 - when you get 3 skulls, you are suppose to get what ever the reward goes with that achievement. The skull will start to flash when you have completed an acheiement. After you tap on collect, a very faint gold bar and either juju/XP will slightly jump and then fade away. What ever the reward is should be added to your totals. And the achievement will say complete. I will say that I had 3 achievements where I collected, but did not receive the rewards. If you have 3 skull and cannot collect, I would take a photo and submit a ticket to BF. the photo will show that you completed the achievement, but cannot collect.

As for searching for a particular manor, that option isn't available in the game right now. To add neighbor - there is at least 2 ways. You can add random neighbors from the list that BF provides. Or, if you want to add neighbors from this forum, L_Amour wrote:

Invite proces works this way:
1) people invite eachother via gamecenter (you invite me, or I invite you), you have to tell your GC(nick)name to be able to do that.
2) after the invited accepted the invite in GC, our GC names show up in Dark Manor in our GC friendlist
3) people have to invite eachother via the GC friendlist in Dark Manor (you invite me, or I invite you)
4) the invited receives a pending invite in that section in Dark Manor
5) once that last pending invite is accepted, we are neighbors

HTH's

Happy Gaming.

Kevi1
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Kevi1 on Jul 22, 13 10:13 PM
Hi, Just lost over eight thousand silver coins after I went to visit two neighbours. Not happy about this but I am lucky that this is the first fault with the game (other than the scrolling that we all have). I have reported this but just having a whinge about it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 23, 13 6:19 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that so many of you are losing your JuJu!

Our Mobile Support Team is currently still looking into some issues that you are experiencing with the game, including the loss of items, JuJu and silver. It would be great if you could get in touch with them via the green envelope so we can look into this further.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 23, 13 8:36 AM
Today I collected enough juju to do chapter six part two, two souls to the bayou. After completing the initial part two quest, part three,memoir of the geisha ghost popped up but no quests under part two. Should there have been quests under part two?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 23, 13 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to swing by and let you know that we'll be taking Dark Manor down briefly to work on fixing some bugs and to do general maintenance on the game starting at roughly 10:30am PST today. The downtime shouldn't last too long, but I'll be sure to let you know when it's finished and you can get back to gaming.

Thanks for your patience, and if you'd like to read a bit more about the maintenance, you can check that out on the announcement here.

bfgSeine

Txhlfan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Txhlfan on Jul 23, 13 10:59 AM
I just lost all of my points. Everything looked fine and then they were gone juju,energy,gold Xperia and silver are all at zero. What happened?

Vicki8590
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vicki8590 on Jul 23, 13 11:58 AM
Was getting worried thought we were having another glitch. Glad to hear though things are getting fixed! Thank you!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 23, 13 12:51 PM
Hello Txhlfan,

There's no need to worry! As Seine mentioned, Dark Manor is down for maintenance at the moment, so this is why all of your content zeroed out. Everything should be back to normal shortly!

bfgDeveron

Go to: