Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Deegb on Nov 16, 13 1:06 AM
Spewgle wrote:Lost around 18 gold bars from my game tonight - can anyone tell me how to contact support? I can find hidden objects but not a direct link to support....Thanks for any help

You're close - at the bottom of this page there's a link in small blue letters, and then their page will have a link to contact them. They may take a few days to get back to you but they're very good.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Nov 17, 13 11:41 AM
I have noticed in the last few days that my saloons are not all giving out their coin.
Only two or three, and this morning only one. Anything I can do for this? I am using an HP desktop PC.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 17, 13 12:11 PM
Sometimes things seem to go "dormant" and there is one thing usually guaranteed to wake them back up, and that is moving them in and out of inventory. Sometimes just changing the direction of the item can work.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Nov 17, 13 2:30 PM
am getting a strange error message. seems like since the last update I can no longer play. Error after error. Not sure what is going on. I have tried it about 30 times since last update and windows says its an error.

I start the game click enter and am stuck. It never opens, the next thing I know windows pops up a message saying there is an error. I think its a great game when we can play it, however with this new error, I think I will delete it and just stick with my other games. Not worth my time to mess with all the error messages lately.

[Post New]by GrumpyRPGReviews on Nov 17, 13 6:42 PM
Hello-

For almost a week the game "Dark Manor" will not start properly.

When the file opens it proceeds past the Big Fish logo to the Dark Manor logo ("Dark Manor" in black text over fog on a black screen) and then stops and it will not load further, even if given an hour or two. The computer think the game is running and there are never any kind of error messages appearing.

The game has been uninstalled and reinstalled through the Big Fish Games manager, with the same result. The computer has been rebooted, has a system scan and repair run, and the result is the same.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Nov 17, 13 9:10 PM
I'm getting a weird glitch with my ??? machines. After it has the question mark and I click it, it goes to a question mark again. It ends up being the same thing I was rewarded (but doesn't actually double/readd the energy/silver/gold) rather than the start icon. It doesn't happen all the time, just about once every 10-15 times (I have all 6 machines) and it happens on ALL the machines.

1313 Energy HellCat Way

Screens freeze

[Post New]by Corky2u on Nov 17, 13 9:45 PM
Each time I exit a HOS the game quits and I cannot play again, or go to my mansion.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Nov 18, 13 10:08 AM
I've gotten this several times this week. Just now, it was twice in a row.

Error: Access violation at 0x1311AG1(or9)D (tried to write to 0x00000007), program terminated.

Horla13
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Horla13 on Nov 18, 13 10:13 AM
***CANNOT LOG ON ANYMORE***

Hi All,

Since the last hour, I keep getting the same error as you Cyssir1768. All was working perfect this morning though when I started playing. But I cannot get through it anymore ((
It does not pass the loading screen anymore, I have no idea why. I always execute the game as Administrator and stick with all the advice to usually avoid those problems. I also restarted the computer, closed the antispywares and so on...

Anyone has an idea of what can cause this today?

Thank you so much in advance for your kind help!

Oneqwah

[Post New]by crazy_dame on Nov 18, 13 10:17 AM
I'm having the same problem as Horla13. Frustrating.

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Nov 18, 13 10:18 AM
I am also not able to get into the game. It freezes at the Enter screen then I get an error message and then Windows tries to find the problem, can't find the problem and the window closes and sends me back to the game manager.

[Post New]by TheOldWife on Nov 18, 13 10:19 AM
I was playing this morning without any problems, went back around 1:00 eastern time, and tried 6 times to run game. It freezes before allowing you to ENTER. When I control alt delete, I get an access error.

[Post New]by Ruddred0 on Nov 18, 13 10:25 AM
Not Working - can't get past the loading screen.

Ctrl,Alt,Delete :-(

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Nov 18, 13 10:26 AM
Last couple of days, Dark Manor has been freezing, locking up &/or just straight up crashing. It's driving me batty. It works for a bit and then splat!
Freeze!
Stall!
Crash!

I hope it gets fixed soon. I like the game but I'm losing faith in it with all the glitches that have been periodically popping up recently.

[Post New]by Ruddred0 on Nov 18, 13 10:29 AM
Maybe due to the glitch we will all get a few free gold to ease the suffering

ShIn3oo6o
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ShIn3oo6o on Nov 18, 13 10:52 AM
Maybe it's an unannounced update but after an uneventful morning, the game stopped working. I cannot get back in. Hope the item I was moving isn't lost in transition when I get back in.

"Error: Access violation at 0x77153AC3 (tried to read from 0x6F477975). program terminated."

Horla13
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Horla13 on Nov 18, 13 10:56 AM
I really just hope to get all back as it was before the crash, as I would not like to have lost all that I built ....

Let's all cross our fingers, toes, hair, eyes and whatever useful!!

Oneqwah

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 10:57:16 AM PST

[Post New]by krjrae on Nov 18, 13 11:05 AM
Can't get into the game. Repeatedly booting me out.

[Post New]by edogawaranpo on Nov 18, 13 11:06 AM
Title screen starts to load, wolf howls, then game freezes. No error message, no easy fixes apparent. Hope this is corrected soon. Need my Dark Manor fix.

Memento Mori

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Nov 18, 13 11:17 AM
ShIn3oo6o wrote:"Error: Access violation at 0x77153AC3 (tried to read from 0x6F477975). program terminated."

This is the message I've been getting for two or three hours now. Sigh.

Go to: