jrnedraw
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by jrnedraw on Nov 17, 15 9:20 AM
What???? I have not even reached the dark tower yet or unlocked Druid's Hut, Moonfell Chamber, Goblin Mines or Dreamless Pond.

Are you telling me I cant complete these? Or just that they are not updating the game anymore?

Why would they do this? Was any reason give? I missed the announcement.

Can they make a download to pc game that we can buy and complete?

This is terrible news.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Nov 19, 15 4:18 PM
Hi fishes, has anything changed since I was here the last time a few month ago?

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Nov 27, 15 9:45 PM
No. Nothing has changed. The game is no longer being updated.

spidy5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by spidy5 on Nov 30, 15 4:46 PM
This game will not be updated or acknowledged. No one has responded from big fish since July so I don't think they are listening anymore.

Rishenda
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Rishenda on Nov 30, 15 5:02 PM
I wrote a review on the game page warning people that don't come onto the forum that the game was not being updated anymore and not to buy items etc.

I am sure you can guess that this review was not allowed, for which I was not surprised.

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Nocturne on Dec 6, 15 3:33 PM
It's not BFG--they do not develop these games. BoomZap who created AK decided to go back to the type of games they originally organized to make, which isn't hidden object games. BoomZap abandoned this game, decided they would not put any further time, money or effort into creating upgrades for AK. There's nothing BFG can do, and I'm sure BFG let BoomZap know (as have others on BoomZap's AK forum) that we'd really like this game to continue but BoomZap has cut this game loose and will not be doing anything further with it. Unfortunately.

[Post New]by Maeve_Turin on Dec 7, 15 9:55 AM
jrnedraw,
You have quite a bit of game left to go, but there is a point where the quests will run out and there will be areas that will never open. All the areas you listed will open and play, the game still plays but doesn't conclude.
Try Antique Road Trip by the same devs; it has less of a feel that a story doesn't end even though that one also ended adding new areas last May.
Both can be played free with patience; if you're in a hurry they both still offer in-game purchases, but that doesn't get you more game levels, just faster to the accomplishments.

polcross
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by polcross on Apr 24, 16 4:50 AM
I too would like to add my name to the list of players who have spent much time as have friends of mine on Awakening Kingdoms.
I understand when something has to go due to decisions of finance or business or whatever, but I have spent money and time on this game only on the understanding that there was a satisfactory conclusion to come.
If I knew the basilisk couldn't be conquered, if the dark chest was a waste of my time and money, if the books would remain missing, I would have stopped playing ages ago. But you presented us with updates again and again and kept us hooked
PLEASE at least provide tidy ends to the huge mysteries above ...it would be more honourable to BF customers.
AND put a notice on the game for now to warn other customers they will not get to the end of this game...otherwise it is possibly a trade description issue .......( unless you change your minds)
I cannot spend anymore money in this site or play any 'free' games like this ..I feel I have been conned big time.

gamegirl8
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by gamegirl8 on Apr 29, 16 10:21 PM
I thought I'd weigh in again, even though I don't think it will matter. I still regularly check this thread just in case they might have changed their minds & decided to at least provide one more update to bring the game to a satisfactory conclusion. I thought it would be worth mentioning, since I have not played probably for more than a year, but again, I keep coming back over & over just in case.

I'd love to see at least one final update & I will again say that I'd be willing to spend money (like the normal 6.99 or even collector's edition price) to get the final items tied up (dragon egg, bookcase, basilisk, etc.).

Thanks!

[Post New]by striver56 on May 1, 16 7:52 AM
Yes gamegirl, like you I keep checking this thread in case there has been a change of heart but nothing doing I'm afraid.

I would have thought one update to tidy up loose ends isn't so much to ask.

:-(

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on May 8, 16 4:27 PM
What I don't understand is if Big Fish is worried they're not going to make money back finishing off the game why not release it as a retail game? That way they can spend some money finishing off the game and get profit back through sales.

Topper_
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Topper_ on May 9, 16 8:31 AM
I would like to add my support for this petition..... thanks!

[Post New]by lilcindykins on May 23, 16 1:21 AM
Tying up loose ends in AK would at least be reasonable to all of us who had played faithfully all this time. Why don't you people EVER consider what these games mean to us fans?

[Post New]by peacockstreet on May 23, 16 3:33 AM
well my query was answered, re: no more quests after reaching the Basilisk.. what a darn shame.. I guess maybe Big Fish regretted letting the game be played for free, I for one would have been more than happy to buy it, the graphics, storyline quests erc were brilliant.. so looks like I will have to delete the game I am so sorry I looked forward so much to playing the game...

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on May 29, 16 4:32 PM
peacockstreet wrote:well my query was answered, re: no more quests after reaching the Basilisk.. what a darn shame.. I guess maybe Big Fish regretted letting the game be played for free, I for one would have been more than happy to buy it, the graphics, storyline quests erc were brilliant.. so looks like I will have to delete the game I am so sorry I looked forward so much to playing the game...
As it stands it'd probably be the the biggest HOG available if they made it to retail. Customers would be happy, Big Fish would get money back, probably make more than the bog standard HOG they release every day.

Freya06
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Freya06 on Jun 25, 16 9:39 AM
I just logged on to find a few answers and am very disappointed to hear that the game cannot be finished. I'm still a long way from the ending point but I cannot believe the game finishes before the end.

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on Jul 27, 16 5:42 AM
Freya06 wrote:I just logged on to find a few answers and am very disappointed to hear that the game cannot be finished. I'm still a long way from the ending point but I cannot believe the game finishes before the end.
Yeah, I'm almost at the end myself. It's a bit dodgy what Big Fish are doing here as new people playing will be paying for food and stuff not realising the game isn't complete. This kind of thing is technically against the law. Big Fish should be coding into the game a disclaimer to let new players know not to spend real money.

[Post New]by Narnialilly on Aug 7, 16 8:51 PM
I have also invested so many years in the awakening series and would love to see this particular ftp version continue. it's gotten me through many hard days and is a very happy place for me. While i don't necessarily agree about feeling "hurt and angry???" (this is a business decision, not a personal assault; any gamer knows this simply happens with games after a while), I would like to add my name to the petition as i've played it for many years and would hate to see it end. Also i do agree with the many players here that strings should be tied up before the game is abandoned as people have invested a lot in playing. Thanks and hope we can get it back!

[Post New]by lorelei2002 on Oct 27, 16 5:31 PM
Narnialilly wrote:I have also invested so many years in the awakening series and would love to see this particular ftp version continue. it's gotten me through many hard days and is a very happy place for me. While i don't necessarily agree about feeling "hurt and angry???" (this is a business decision, not a personal assault; any gamer knows this simply happens with games after a while), I would like to add my name to the petition as i've played it for many years and would hate to see it end. Also i do agree with the many players here that strings should be tied up before the game is abandoned as people have invested a lot in playing. Thanks and hope we can get it back!

Yes every game ends at some time but that is not the point here, the point is they are ending the game without an ending closure, just left it hanging there. And also still have the game on their site without a warning that their is no closure to the game (just one anouncement here in the forum). I'm still playing the game as of now because, I like so many others love the game so much. But don't know how much longer for I also get angry every time I play it knowing it will just end unfinished. I have canceled my membership with BF, I have been a happy member for many years, purchased a lot of games but what they did here with this game is unexcusable, and as many are saying bad business, to me it is like purchasing an unfinished game and nobody would do that. If BF would make a update with closure to the game for purches I as many others would buy it, so no money loss for BF.

bridie47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bridie47 on Oct 30, 16 8:31 PM
I too would like something done as well. I've got all the awakening series, and was really excited that great another one Been playing it every day just cant get enough of it, But when the news that there was to be no more updates, well felt like the world had ended felt "gutted" so now I'm just doing the mini games when they are finished. Will maybe start again. I have got other games from BF but always get drawn to AW series Just a magical game and yes you do lose your self in it, it's. great so Hopefully BF or who ever takes over will be able to finish this off for us and put us out of our misery "so to speak"

regards and happy fishes

Go to: