elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by elsie15 on Oct 23, 09 9:54 AM
Just loved this game, cannot wait for the sequel now.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Oct 23, 09 1:19 PM
I didn't realize I was about five minutes away from finishing it when the demo ran out. I waited a while (1-3 weeks?) to buy it, and while it was a fun game I kind of wish I hadn't. I could have spent my 7 on something I had more time left on, but oh well.

The graphics were pretty good. The objects you find weren't so outrageously hard or too easy. I agree the puzzles didn't require much thought, but then most of us have played a hundred games like this right? I mean don't we always say they're too easy (except when we don't! )

[Post New]by bern255 on Oct 23, 09 5:38 PM
Need help opening the garden gate

[Post New]by bern255 on Oct 23, 09 6:14 PM
Can you help with solving chaper 7

[Post New]by erenna on Oct 23, 09 8:46 PM
bern255 wrote:Can you help with solving chaper 7

[Post New]by flamingo42 on Oct 24, 09 12:19 AM
Once again another GENIUS game from BFG! This is a must buy.
I disagree with those who think it is short time play and the mini games are nothing spectacular. I consider myself an avid player and I did find the mini games challenging enough. The graphics and story line are excellent of course, but my favorite feature is when you think you are at the final end of the game - and it has a few more chapters! That sure keeps it interesting and fun! Thanks BFG!

dchick
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dchick on Oct 24, 09 8:29 AM
I've played 20-30 **** games and I loved this one because it was just pleasant to do. No sore muscles in my back from leaning closer to the computer screen to find tiny tiny objects! The play itself was easy enough but I did have to go to the walk through twice. Also, the objects themselves were recognizable for what they were, instead of dark blobs in the corner that turn out to be what you still needed. Keep graphics clean, y'all.

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Oct 24, 09 10:46 AM
I am half way through the demo..I really like this game..beautiful graphics..really fun. Will buy it in a little while

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on Oct 24, 09 11:00 AM
Beautiful artwork, perfect music, too short, too easy.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Oct 24, 09 6:43 PM
Great graphics and I LOVE the scary themed games. A bit too easy for my taste (although I was stymied at some points, so obviously not THAT easy), but it lasted a good long time, so I felt I got my $6.99 worth.

Edited to rate - Four out of five stars.

Edited on 10/24/2009 at 6:44:37 PM PST

[Post New]by tata219rod on Oct 24, 09 7:20 PM
I downloaded the game to try it and I bouht it after the hour was up. The story was great and I was curious to see what happened next; The graphic were great also. The bad thing was that it was too easy and I got to finish the game in less than 2 1/12 hours.

babsg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by babsg on Oct 25, 09 10:37 AM
Such a fun game. I enjoyed the journey! The graphics were amazing and the story kept me interested throughout.

I found that some places were alittle more mind bending than others but I kept at it. Even got alittle irritated; but thats all good. I wanted to find more in each room; more things to find and investigate.

I can't wait for more of the same type of game...these are my favorites.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Oct 25, 09 9:10 PM
I really enjoyed this game, the graphics and music show amazing craftsmanship and hard work went into this title. Little touches like the mouse dragging the puppet head, very cool and creepy!

I agree, it was a bit short, although it took me probably 3 hours or more (I relaxed and enjoyed exploring).

Some folks mentioned an abrupt ending, but I felt it pulled together well, as long as you watch the closing credits.

Can't wait for the next installment!

[Post New]by Jezebel1967 on Oct 25, 09 9:27 PM
Okay, now that I bought and finished the game, which took about 9 hours because I am a full time student and full time mom so I only played one chapter at a time, I have to know WHEN WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL??? I REALLY loved this game, the graphics and the story lines were fabulous, and my 7 year old daughter enjoyed helping me find the hidden objects and it was mostly her that figured out where to use which tools. I don't care what anyone else says, the game was worth the $6.99 I paid for it through my Big Fish Games membership, and I even spent the extra money for the strategy guide, although I only had to refer to it on a couple of the puzzles. I love HOGs, but the drawbacks to most of them is that they don't have much of a story line, or when they are completed, they don't leave you wanting more. I WANT MORE OF THIS ONE!!!! I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this game, and I would LOVE to see it continued in sequels. Sequel games are good because if you get involved with the story (as I do) then you have something to look forward to. I did the same thing with all of the Virtual Villagers games, and I am looking forward to more games like Puppetshow Mystery of Joyville. This was awesome!

[Post New]by Jezebel1967 on Oct 25, 09 9:30 PM
ras7777 wrote:Beautiful artwork, perfect music, too short, too easy.

For ras7777, yes, it was too short, and the artwork was beautiful, the music both haunting and enchanting, but I didn't find all of it too easy. Maybe I am just old and getting feeble minded at 42, but my 7 year old daughter Maggie absolutely LOVED helping me figure things out. Quite the sharp mind on that child, as she was figuring out puzzles while I was still trying to figure out what needed to be done. I loved this game!

[Post New]by Jezebel1967 on Oct 25, 09 9:31 PM
pfalcioni wrote:I really enjoyed this game, the graphics and music show amazing craftsmanship and hard work went into this title. Little touches like the mouse dragging the puppet head, very cool and creepy!

I agree, it was a bit short, although it took me probably 3 hours or more (I relaxed and enjoyed exploring).

Some folks mentioned an abrupt ending, but I felt it pulled together well, as long as you watch the closing credits.

Can't wait for the next installment!

I also thought they pulled the ending together well enough to leave an opening for a sequel, and I found the little details to be very visually engaging. I enjoyed this game so much that I am also dying for the next installment.

[Post New]by lovegames3 on Oct 26, 09 12:12 AM
I loved this game could not wait to see what was next. Hurry with the finale!

[Post New]by brodiemarylena on Oct 26, 09 10:01 AM
well, on reading these reviews, i feel really incompetant. i am knew to these computer games and have only done one, the witch's curse. i have the demo of puppetshow mystery of joyville and have got as far as the first puzzle game, where a mask is missing. i don't even know where to start with it. help please. maybe if i can get passed this one, i'll kickstart my brain into gear.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 26, 09 11:14 AM
This was one of my two first purchased games. After the free trial, i just had to open an account (wich i am happy for) so i could get them. This is a great game , i love the graphics, and did not have sore eyes in the **** parts. I will definitely get the longer,(i hope..) second part. A game to relaxe with.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Oct 27, 09 4:39 AM
I enjoyed the game, great graphics, really interesting story. There were a couple of things that I didn't like, it was a little short, and if you replay...you just get the same hidden objects to find. In other games, if you replay...you get a different list.
Apart from that it was good.

Go to: