eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,284 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 19, 17 2:24 PM
starwize wrote:If I uninstall it and reinstall wont I start all over again

No, because the progress files are kept elsewhere on your PC. Today I reinstalled a game that I had uninstalled months ago and my progress was still there (unfortunately, in my case!). But if you feel uncomfortable with this, just contact customer support.

Edited on 04/19/2017 at 2:42:57 PM PST

[Post New]by Sandy_Johnson on Apr 20, 17 4:46 PM
Game will not start after upgrading to Win10 Creator's Build 1703.

Error message in log file is :
Error. Could not create DirectX device. Error: -2005530516. Size: 0 x 0. DeviceType: 1.

Any suggestions?

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 4:46:43 PM PST

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,284 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 21, 17 5:16 AM
Sandy_Johnson wrote:Game will not start after upgrading to Win10 Creator's Build 1703.

Error message in log file is :
Error. Could not create DirectX device. Error: -2005530516. Size: 0 x 0. DeviceType: 1.

Any suggestions?

1. This game needs DirectX 9, according to system requirements. Heard that sometimes there's some trouble with DirectX 9 and Win 10.
3. Click on the Customer Support link at the bottom of this page and look for relevant troubleshooting articles. If you find none, then submit a ticket there, mentioning your game ID (to be found under Hero icon in the game). Or,
2. Go to the game's settings and click on the Support link (it's right beneath Languages, in faint blue letters). This will take you directly to support for this specific game.

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 6:37:54 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,737 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 17 10:23 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and give a big thanks to eli173 for taking the time to address the technical issues presented in this thread. It is definitely appreciated and helpful and I wanted to help confirm the responses.

If players uninstall and reinstall Sir Match-a-Lot on their PC, progress shouldn't be lost as they are stored on a certain file as eli173 mentioned. If you still feel uncomfortable with this step, please reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. The Support Team is always willing to help provide further troubleshooting based on your computer's configurations.

For the error message you are experiencing Sandy_Johnson, please be sure that you meet the game requirements as eli173 mentioned. I'll include them below based on the game page:

Game System Requirements:

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 181 MB

If you find that the requirements are met, running the game as an administrator may help resolve this error message. Please see the following help page for these specific steps:

Run Game as Administrator

Running the game as an administrator helps the game obtain the necessary permissions to run properly. If you find that the error message still appears, please reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and your player ID if you are able. The following help page shows how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Apr 22, 17 7:46 AM
Since last night, in last world (desert), every time there are no more moves left, the game freezes and just hangs there. It's happened to me a few times now. Only started last night.

Farin4just
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Farin4just on Apr 23, 17 3:13 PM
starwize wrote:If I uninstall it and reinstall wont I start all over again

Sent you a PM re your problem. Check your messages

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 17 6:11 PM
Hello EndlessSerpent,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like the game is freezing if moves run out while playing in World 8, Deserted Desert. I'm sorry to hear that is happening and want to provide some preliminary troubleshooting which may be able to assist as well as how to reach our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team for more assistance.

In this case, since the game is freezing, what I recommend is seeing if the following set of steps linked below could quickly resolve the issue:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

Players have in the past been able to use those steps above to resolve freezes for their game, however if they don't seem to work, please don't hesitate to contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. It may also be helpful to include a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can more quickly investigate what may be happening. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as possible to help.

Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are further questions, any of our active Moderators are happy to listen and help out as best they can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by BigK62 on Apr 24, 17 10:59 PM
I was hit today with a virus while playing this game and it took my whole game!
My WebRoot Anti Virus read it came through BF Games !! So I tried a system restore
and now my computer (PC) will not even restore itself,I cannot go back to a later date
or anything! I have tried several. I have played this game daily since it first came out and
had a lot of stuff,NOW GONE, it will not even reload.I did not pay for this game but,
it should not cost me a computer only 1 1/2 yrs. old. and still ran great till...????

Go to: