Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Free the Witch here

[Post New]by whiteonwhite on Dec 19, 16 6:11 PM
HI. I have a message in GOALS asking to collect jewel to close portal at level 147 .I have completed all of WOODLANDS but I can`t find where I HAVE TO GET THIS JEWEL.I`ve played all 3 games in all levels and should have received it.thanks for any help.

[Post New]by whiteonwhite on Dec 26, 16 1:38 PM
Hi ,I`m close to the end of Oceans and one portal in each level won`t release the ticket even though all three levels have been done .Also the game has been notifying me of a problem with the game where I have to close the program and open it again .So far this has just been annoying,but it did it again just now when I MADE A PURCHASE and I`ve recieved the V.I.P. status but no coin.Whats up with that?

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 27, 16 2:04 PM
Hello whiteonwhite,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. I'm sorry that there's been trouble with the game and it sounds like there are a few issues here. As such, I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting steps to take as well as how to reach our Support Team for further assistance.

Since it sounds like there's a few issues with the game not providing the progress expected or displaying appropriately, the first thing I recommend is seeing if running the game with more permissions is able to resolve the issue. The following steps describe how to run the game as an Administrator, which may resolve the issues with certain items not appearing properly:

Run Game as Administrator

Since there also sounds like there is a billing issue with a purchase not being credited appropriately, I also recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a confirmation of the purchase so our Reps can assist with that. Our Reps will do everything they can to help out and respond to your request as quickly as possible.

If you're already in touch with our Support Team, thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. If you see or receive a response from us that seems to not address the issue, please be sure to reply directly to that message to let us know you'd like more assistance. Replying directly to that message keeps your place in queue and notifies our request system and Reps that more help is necessary.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/27/2016 at 2:04:49 PM PST

Arjuna12
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Arjuna12 on Feb 3, 17 10:50 AM
Since this morning the game crashes as soon as I click a ressources building. I didn't install or change anything on my PC and a reinstalling of the game didn't work. Sad

Edit: Now after reinstalling flash and shockwave player and updating all drivers the game won't start at all anymore. Weird ...

Edited on 02/03/2017 at 1:19:38 PM PST

[Post New]by objectgamer on Feb 4, 17 2:18 PM
i have completed through level 190 in the Great Ocean. I had two portals open at 138, one on the left, and one on the right. I completed the portal on the left, and closed the game. Now, the portal is closed, and indicates I still need to find the red, yellow, and blue crystals. How to get the portal open again?

[Post New]by LefkyTheShin on Feb 12, 17 4:10 PM
Hi, I love this game and hope there will be a new world/update soon. Just recently I've been having a buggy issue with the, well, I guess it's the Wendy the Witch daily bonus board. At some point during game-play I'll make a connect three, four, etc and then the row will attempt to refill, but the attempted refill just loops and never settles into place for me to continue. There's no stopping it, so I have to keep on exiting the board, having not finished, and losing any prizes I might have won. It's not a huge loss as I've finished the existing three worlds and have lots of money, but it is something that should be looked at and fixed.

Thanks,
EK

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 13, 17 10:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should.

For the various issues that have been presented in this thread, it is highly recommended to ensure that your video card driver is up to date. This will help ensure that the display of the game is working as it should. Please refer to the following help article from the Big Fish Games Help Pages for these steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If issues continue to be present, running the game as an administrator helps the game obtain the necessary permissions to run. Please refer to the following help article:

Run game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, the Technical Support Team is always happy to further assist. Please provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so that the team can provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by farmerpowell on Feb 14, 17 5:41 AM
Hi
Since this goal appeared, even if I complete the side quest and collect an orb I cannot move on to the next side quest. I now have 11 orbs but still I cannot move to a side quest beyond the first side quest. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no joy. I am now getting bored as I cannot complete all the side quests. How do I get round this problem.
Thanks
M

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 15, 17 11:14 AM
Hello farmerpowell,

I'm sorry to hear that there seems to be some trouble with progressing with a specific side quest in Free the Witch. I absolutely understand wanting to see if there is a way to get around this issue and I'd be happy to provide some preliminary troubleshooting that has helped some of our players in the past when met with a similar situation.

In this instance, it might be helpful to try to run the game with more permissions to see if that helps this particular side quest. Players can do this by running the game as an Administrator in Windows. Just in case it is helpful, the following page of steps can help with doing that:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to provide help and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/11/2017 at 2:07:41 PM PST

[Post New]by Ponica on Mar 12, 17 4:26 AM
Hello,
I really like this game, but now i am having problems. As i reached level 180 all the previous levels showed up unsolved. I still have all of my coins, tickets, potions, books and so on. It seems pushing me starting over all the levels. But when i finish successfully the 1st stage of level 1, it does not let me step forward and it even looks unsolved.
Ponica

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Mar 13, 17 7:05 AM
Ponica, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you have discovered some of the many bugs in this program. There is nothing to be done about it. Several of us have been waiting months for the bugs to be fixed. However, it doesn't appear that the bugs will be fixed nor does it appear that there will be an update. I would strongly recommend that you do not spend any more time or money on this game. BFG has several other free to play games. I would suggest that you try one of them. As mentioned by one of the Moderators, bfgMurrumbidgee, in the Agency33 forum, Midnight Castle is a great game to try. Good Luck.

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 16, 17 8:18 AM
Hi Ponica,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that after reaching a certain level in the game, the previous levels are showing as unsolved. Thank you Fred_just_Fred for taking the time to respond to this inquiry. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot this issue from the forums, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. The support team has the tools to assist. Please keep in mind that changes within the game that includes fixes are ones that are made outside of the Moderation Team's control. We will continue to advocate for the players and pass along what is presented to us in the forums.

We do ask that players keep their posts game specific, but I'll include a link below to the game page for Midnight Castle that Fred-just_Fred mentioned.

Midnight Castle

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

pmd9121
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pmd9121 on Mar 19, 17 1:21 PM
I'm almost done with the Woodlands and now when the game starts I can only get to the ocean. I was trying to finish the woodlands and have the money mind fully upgraded. When i click the world map it starts to load and locks up.

Now I can't get to it. Very frustrating.

I wrote to tech support but didn't hear back. I am loading Dr Felix and hope that will give them something to work with.

I seem to recall a recent software update? (I could be wrong) but is seems after that the problem started.

I'm on a Vista OS and have not had a problem until now.

I really don't want to lose my progress by reinstalling.

bfgIlinalta
2,041 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 19, 17 3:45 PM
Hello pmd9121,

Thank you for writing in to report the issue you are seeing in Free the Witch. I'm sorry that you haven't yet received a response from our Support Team following up with you. I've reached out to them to see the status of these requests and it sounds like the request has been queued in our system and will be answered as soon as a Representative can do so. Thank you for your patience while waiting.

If you haven't already, it may be helpful to try to run this particular game with more permissions as this can help run the game more smoothly. Just in case it is helpful, the following page of steps explains how to run a game with those extra permissions as an Administrator:

Those steps may be able to help, and if you haven't already let our Support Team know when the issue started, it may be helpful to provide that information in your next reply to our Reps. That could help the appropriate teams if we find there is more investigation necessary.

If any other player needs to get in touch with our Technical Support Team for a similar or different issue in this game, please do not hesitate to do so. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Arjuna12
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Arjuna12 on Mar 28, 17 11:07 PM
The wheel of fortune is a big glitch. Yesterday I won 2 times 9x switch wand, but they are not in my list, it said I only have 2. I had those stuff happen a lot. Winning, but it's not in inventory ... So annoying...

Once yesterday I should have won 20 gold, but when I clicked "Claim reward" it showed 1x 15 seconds time delay. Huh??

And often there's an empty field in the wheel of fortune. Yesterday I had an empty field it only said 2x. I won like 3 times, but of course 2x nothing is nothing, so I got nothing.... Just makes no sense to add such "prizes" ...

Also the money you get when you sell the same stuff to Brian varies. When I sell the same items to him, the money I get differs, altho the amounts of gold are fixed. How is that possible??

Edited on 03/28/2017 at 11:14:13 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 29, 17 12:30 PM
Hi Arjuna12,

I'm sorry to hear that when playing the Fortune Wheel, items aren't appearing in your game. It is recommended to run the game as an administrator as it will help the game obtain the necessary permissions to run properly. I'll include the specific Big Fish Games Help page below with the specific troubleshooting steps:

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pmd9121
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pmd9121 on Apr 9, 17 9:56 AM
As of this morning, the resource houses have to be rebuilt every time i log into the game. I had gold coins fully upgraded and that is gone so there are no resources when I go in to collect them.

Bigfish did something. Please correct it.

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 17 8:10 AM
Hi pmd9121,

Thank you for taking the to post in this thread what is occurring within your game. I'm sorry to hear that your progress isn't appearing correctly when you log into your game. It may be helpful to run the game as an administrator so that the game has the necessary permissions to run properly. I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below with these troubleshooting steps:

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. The Support Team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

We greatly appreciate your patience. If any questions come up, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pmd9121
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pmd9121 on Apr 11, 17 3:46 PM
Yes I am running the game as administrator. I did the Dr Felix thing and sent the results. I have to rebuild the buildings every time and if i leave that map? they go again. I've lost many tickets and am about to complete the great ocean.

The other tickets you get after you beat the side games show the stones and the ticket but nothing happens when i click on them.

I got a thank you email but no one has written to tell me it is fixed or reimburse me my tickets or gold.

pmd9121
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pmd9121 on Apr 12, 17 3:44 AM
The first problem i had with the game was that I could only go to the great ocean. I couldn't get to the main map. The screen would lock up and never get there.

So now on top of everything else that isn't working, that has started again.

Go to: