nanafraser
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 18, 17 6:36 PM
Every time it updates it freezes! Have to shut game down & computer! Get a hold of BF they give big laundry list of what to do! Ah not on my end. If that was case why so many updates! I have new PC Win10

bfgIlinalta
1,804 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 19, 17 4:57 PM
Hello nanafraser,

Thank you for contacting us about your PC version of the game Midnight Castle. Before I continue, I want to remind players to be sure that reports of technical issues for this game are provided to the thread based on what kind of device is being affected. For reports of PC issues in Midnight Castle, please post in the designated thread below:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

Now, let's discuss that issue, nanafraser. It appears that the game is not opening or it is crashing when trying to update the game. I'm sorry this is happening and wanted to provide some preliminary troubleshooting which might help, as well as how to reach our Midnight Castle Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

What I recommend trying first is seeing whether or not uninstalling and reinstalling the game is able to assist in quickly resolving this issue. Some other players in the above technical issues thread were able to resolve a similar issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the game on their PC. If you'd like to try the following steps, I'm including a link to them below.

Before doing that, it is recommend to find and note your in-game Friend Code if possible, as this could be helpful should there be a need to transfer progress. Just in case it is helpful and you are able to access the game to retrieve it, the following page contains steps on finding that in-game Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

Here's how to uninstall and reinstall the game on PC, just in case it would be helpful:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code if it able to be retrieved. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. Don't hesitate to contact any of our active Moderators if you have further questions. We're happy to help!

bfgIlinalta

Social page freezes up

[Post New]by mlf895 on Apr 24, 17 9:37 AM
Every time I go on to social page, it freezes up and have to power down the IPad!

bfgBellerophon
7,737 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 24, 17 10:12 AM
Hi mlf895,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Midnight Castle tends to freeze when you access the social features. It is recommended to try the troubleshooting steps in the following Big Fish Games Help page as they have been known to help resolve this issue:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (iOS)

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with what troubleshooting steps have been taken along with your player ID. Just in case you are able to open your game long enough for your player ID, I'll include how to locate it:

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Luddite on Apr 24, 17 12:25 PM
I am having an issue with the Castle Challenge for Spring 2017.
I have not completed the third task but have 12/50 hints needed to do so.
In the fourth task I need to obtain five smiles without completing the previous task. I have ~250 smiles and yet that task is not listed as complete - even though it says I do not have to complete the previous task.
Am I misunderstanding something or is this a problem - albeit a short term (Spring) one?

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,809 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 24, 17 3:10 PM
Hi Luddite, you have to finish each day's challenge in order. Until you finish the hints, the next challenge is not available - nothing you do will count. Sorry, but it's working the way it's supposed to.
Just do a bunch of Terraces & use the hint button every time it recharges - it only takes 2 minutes. Happy searching!

[Post New]by Luddite on Apr 24, 17 4:41 PM
Desertdruid,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that it is the way it is working. That begs the question of why it says "No Need To Complete Previous Task".

My previous task is not complete but I get no credit for the next task which I have already fulfilled. Maybe it should not have that phrase displayed. It is not very important if I don't get it but gives me, and perhaps others(?), misleading information.

Go to: