lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 25, 09 6:47 AM
I plan 2 download dis morning is the game very difficult 2 play or can you figue out what 2 do on your own.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Nov 25, 09 6:48 AM
ktk514 wrote:I know there isn't a trial version right now, but will there be one when the game is released?

The website says early December - hopefully that will become more specific soon

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 25, 09 7:01 AM
Could be a silly question but I'm wondering. Downloading right now. The installer says 589,888 KB to download but I saw Full unlimited version Large File: 576.06 MB on webpage.

How big is it exactly? Am I getting the whole package at 589.888 KB? Doesn't look right.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 7:04 AM
ktk514 wrote:I know there isn't a trial version right now, but will there be one when the game is released?

Yes, there will be the usual demo available. Don't know if it will be a 1 hour trial or up to a certain point.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Nov 25, 09 7:05 AM
Well I decided to download it to my Mac (partitioned with Vista) very slow download probably because of the many others downloading

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 7:25 AM
samwise50 wrote:Could be a silly question but I'm wondering. Downloading right now. The installer says 589,888 KB to download but I saw Full unlimited version Large File: 576.06 MB on webpage.

How big is it exactly? Am I getting the whole package at 589.888 KB? Doesn't look right.

576.06MB is equal to 576060KB. Without getting too technical, when you d/l it uses more bits than are actually in the game as it sort of spaces out.
When you buy an 8GB MP3 player, you don't get to use the whole 8GB as there needs to be free space (hubby did explain it to me once, but I spaced out).

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 25, 09 7:27 AM
lauder wrote:I plan 2 download dis morning is the game very difficult 2 play or can you figue out what 2 do on your own.

If you plan to download today, then you will be purchasing the Collector's Edition which comes with the Strategy Guide. It's not an easy game, but there is built in support, and people are already posting questions and help on the Game Forum. I played all through the night and just loved it so much.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Nov 25, 09 7:44 AM
576.06MB is equal to 576060KB

Thank you Purplerabbit. I can see the difference now.

Still downloading but almost done. A little over an hour. Can't wait to play.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 25, 09 7:45 AM
firekat7 wrote:
lauder wrote:I plan 2 download dis morning is the game very difficult 2 play or can you figue out what 2 do on your own.

If you plan to download today, then you will be purchasing the Collector's Edition which comes with the Strategy Guide. It's not an easy game, but there is built in support, and people are already posting questions and help on the Game Forum. I played all through the night and just loved it so much.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 25, 09 7:48 AM
firekat7 thank you for the info much appreciated.

[Post New]by hazzledreams on Nov 25, 09 8:02 AM
HMMM Odd, it stated in the link from the BigFish news paper editorial that the game was coming out on the 25th Nov, for BigFish exclusive member's. I have been an exclusive member since 2005, so where is my copy of the game???? lol

[Post New]by hazzledreams on Nov 25, 09 8:05 AM
Everyone is saying they are downloading it? Where from?

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Nov 25, 09 8:07 AM
Main screen, it shows pictures of game at top, click there and it takes you to download/purchase.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 25, 09 8:19 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:I'll cut you some slack. It wasn't just your post but a few. Some people (which wasn't you, by the way) thought some places would get the game earlier due to the timezone difference.
I'm just trying to explain
1) the game landed everywhere at the same physical time, whether that was 12.01am Seattle or 8.01am UK,
2) the time stamp on all forum posts is the time PST, so if you are unsure how long, just work out how many hours to 12.01am on the forum clock.

Sorry if I was rude.

No problem, Purplerabbit, you weren't rude. I think we were all a little sleep-deprived and crazed with excitement.

Sad to say, I am back in the forum because the game just threw me out. I had just achieved the third goal (ambiguous enough?) when I got a "access error, tried to write to" message. I'm nervous about going back in, but....deep breath...wish me luck, fishies!

[Post New]by Mamaslilmonster on Nov 25, 09 8:30 AM
wow finally im so excited weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitten61758
Stingray
Stingray
5,603 Posts

[Post New]by kitten61758 on Nov 25, 09 8:52 AM
I was thrilled when I got home from work to d/l Dire Grove and Amazing Adventures:The Caribbean Secret. Was happy to see it as TGT.Haven't played Dire Grove but it d/l in 22 minutes. Thank you again

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 9:07 AM
Good luck, Calsmom!

[Post New]by JimA395 on Nov 25, 09 9:31 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
samwise50 wrote:Could be a silly question but I'm wondering. Downloading right now. The installer says 589,888 KB to download but I saw Full unlimited version Large File: 576.06 MB on webpage.

576.06MB is equal to 576060KB. Without getting too technical, when you d/l it uses more bits than are actually in the game as it sort of spaces out.
When you buy an 8GB MP3 player, you don't get to use the whole 8GB as there needs to be free space (hubby did explain it to me once, but I spaced out).

Sorry to disagree with you, but 1MB is actually 1024KB, and therefore, if you multiply it out, the math comes out pretty close to the figures that Purplerabbit gave in the original question.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 25, 09 10:12 AM
ok I did it and game is beautiful I can see that it will take a long time 2 play game as there is a lot 2 do. lol lol lol

cazzabee
Salmon
Salmon
2,575 Posts

[Post New]by cazzabee on Nov 25, 09 10:31 AM
Midnight tonight before I can download it....Why can't my work have paid me early this month

Go to: