bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/27/2013 at 12:09:13 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Post any Barn Yarn technical issues here only

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 4, 13 1:17 AM
WARNING: Something wrong with game. My whole system crashed while downloading and my computor needed to be rebooted. First time this has ever happended. It took me awhile for me to get my computor up and running. I found the game is gone from my game manager as is my BFG icon on my desk top. What gives? Regardless of what tech services tell me, will stay away from this game. Now have to go back and get icon back.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 1:43 AM
Heya Nilosh,

That definitely sounds like a lot of trouble, I'm really sorry for the problems you experienced with the game!

It can sometimes happen that a computer absolutely can't work with a game and the result can be what happened to you. To make sure that your computer is always compatible with as many games as possible it's important to make sure that all your software is always up to date. You can get this checked easily with the steps you can find here.

Of course you can always go ahead and send a message to our Tech Support Team. They'll be more than happy to have a look at your system and make sure that everything is alright!

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Mar 4, 13 2:09 AM
hi bf sorry to say nilosh is not alone. i d/l the demo then played about 5 min just finshed the fire place sale. then the game shut down when the gm screen came up i hit the play again game came on thenasked for plare name again &started from the first ii played till the fire place sale again the game shut down on me i just hit the delet/trash can sorry bf no buy for me looked like a cute game new dev to me hope they get it fixed this is afirst for meoh well may be it needs to go back to the shop hummmmm nice try have a great day

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 4, 13 2:53 AM
Heya happyasaclam,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems as well .

As mentioned before, it could be that your computer is having some problems with the game. Making sure that all your drivers are up to date with the steps you can find here could definitely help to improve the situation!

If you would like to try again and still see the same problem,l then don't hesitate to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll definitely be there for you to help you get this sorted.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Mar 4, 13 4:32 AM
I played the full hr demo with no problems at all. i am playing on an older pc with windows XP. I have never been able to get farmscapes to work on this computer even though have had no problems with the Gardenscape series. I would love to play Farmscape but no luck there. Any way just wanted to let you know you should give this game a try cause it does work on mine

[Post New]by Saphireofthedeep on Mar 4, 13 5:58 AM
After playing 5 minutes the game froze on me. I using a PC with windows 7. I have never had any issues with the other versions of this game.

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jantea331 on Mar 4, 13 9:19 AM
Game downloaded perfectly but after a few minutes of play the game froze. I tried it several time with the same outcome. I ended up uninstalling the game which is sad because I love games from this developer.

[Post New]by mia227 on Mar 4, 13 9:33 AM
Without a doubt this game is the problem not people's computers. When the characters faces disappear from the side of the screen, the game is in the process of crashing or whatever you want to call it. Anything you do or click on after that point is not saved. This game was released too soon. It should be taken off the site until it is corrected.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on Mar 4, 13 1:24 PM
Same problem here - crashes and/or freezes a lot. Same with the missing faces on the left - as soon as that happens, everything freezes.

No problem with other games. Running windows 7.

btw, developers - I've observed the following:

If I try to do more than one scene without saving by exiting out of the game, the second scene will crash

If I buy anything for the barn, then try to go to the next gameplay immediately, it will crash

When I exit the game, it usually quits immediately without the little closing screenshots

Edited on 03/04/2013 at 4:46:20 PM PST

yelwbkrd35
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by yelwbkrd35 on Mar 4, 13 1:32 PM
I have been trying to download this game for hours now and there isnt a response from BF website to start the D/L Is there something going on over at HQ we should know about?

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Mar 4, 13 2:13 PM
i am having problems too! windows xp. i tried updating the drivers. it seemed to help for a few levels, but now it is starting to have the same problem again. i really like this game. so i hope it can be fixed

gamegenii
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gamegenii on Mar 4, 13 2:40 PM
Add me to the list! Freezes up constantly. Really a shame because I was looking forward to this game. Won't be buying until it's fixed.

[Post New]by AnteMGRAMMA on Mar 4, 13 3:01 PM
I raked up all the leaves, but game would not let me progress any further, even though it said I had found them all!

momrox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by momrox on Mar 4, 13 3:10 PM
I like this game but it keeps freezing up. I have Windows 7 and a fairly new computer. After restarting the game I could play some more only to have it freeze again. I hope they fix this problem as it seems to be a replayable game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 4, 13 4:00 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to let you know that I've made sure our team here is aware of the crashing/freezing issues you've been experiencing. We'll be investigating things and working on getting the problem addressed for you. So if you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page.

These reports give us very valuable information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 4, 13 4:02 PM
yelwbkrd35 wrote: I have been trying to download this game for hours now and there isnt a response from BF website to start the D/L Is there something going on over at HQ we should know about?

Hi yelwbkrd35,

I wasn't able to find any info about an issue with our site here. If you're still having trouble downloading, you might check out the suggestions in our help article here.

If those ideas don't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how our programs are running with your computer and will work with you directly to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Mar 4, 13 4:55 PM
Game ran smoothly for me. I used to have issues with the games released on my old home computer, and whined and complained about all of the issues, and the same old response (update software, and drivers) but I purchases a new laptop last month, and I have not has a problem since. I even played and purchased games that I was not able to play before. SOOOO, maybe it is ur computer, and new updates need to be applied, or graphics r not up to date, or u need a newer computer.
Just saying I was always griping, but now I never seem to have an issue. Hope all will give Big Fish a break.

[Post New]by firzaz on Mar 4, 13 7:59 PM
I have the same issue. The game froze and crashed on 3 occasions during my first half hour with the game. The people's faces would disappear and then everything would slow to a crawl until eventually it crashed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 5, 13 2:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

As always, running and including a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in any help request you send is really helpful so that we can continue collecting information on these issues and send it on to the developer, in the hopes of a fix.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

Go to: